What about elite 2.0

I remember from an interview that they were integrating it into the game itself rather than a separate program/app as it is now. BO1 already had an awesome stats section, maps breakdowns and what not, which essentially was elite minus the clan stuff and the daily contests. Only time will tell exactly how it will work though.

agh....I really hope they dont make it like MW3. It seperated the community. Its what made me stop playing it. I knew I wasn't getting everything unless I paid extra. Come on Treyarch! Dont do us like that!

I can see what you mean though I had no problems with the free version, the paid features were not anything i'd ever use personally.

good question, it is quite confusing.

do people who buy elite now get mw3 content plus blops2 content for another year, im pretty sure IW said that this wouldnt work last year.

and it is a Subscription, it has an expiry date, unlike battlefield premium where it gives you access to DLC this has a renew option, not much point 'renewing' in november if the first dlc for blops2 will be in january.

also it would be unfair but not suprising if you could buy elite now and get all mw3 content + black ops content upcoming

good question, it is quite confusing.

do people who buy elite now get mw3 content plus blops2 content for another year, im pretty sure IW said that this wouldnt work last year.

and it is a Subscription, it has an expiry date, unlike battlefield premium where it gives you access to DLC this has a renew option, not much point 'renewing' in november if the first dlc for blops2 will be in january.

also it would be unfair but not suprising if you could buy elite now and get all mw3 content + black ops content upcoming

From what I have read you must have an active subscription in order to have access to anything you have gotten from elite, so if you was planing on not geting black ops 2 and was instead going to stick with mw3 you would still have to renew your elte subscription to have the new maps.

Also I read a long time ago that no matter when you buy elite you will have access to everthing released on it, so those that didnt buy elite for mw3 but buy it for black ps 2 should still have access to all the mw3 dlc.

Finally, no bodies elite rus out in november, those that got it early got a free month added on because it didnt work at all for the first month, so it will run out towards the end of December, which should be close to the first piece of dlc.

No way in hell is that gonna happen this is activision remember.

From what I have read you must have an active subscription in order to have access to anything you have gotten from elite, so if you was planing on not geting black ops 2 and was instead going to stick with mw3 you would still have to renew your elte subscription to have the new maps.

You still have access to all dlc even after your subsription runs out.

• 3 weeks later...

so activision now call this current version of ELITE the MW3 season of content subscription......funny im sure it was called call of duty elite when i purchased and it was a software programe that ran alongside call of duty as a franchise not one game specifically.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/12/activision-explains-call-of-duty-elite-20

that is activisions original statement saying elite will continue as normal due to 2.0 being a software update, but it seems they are expecting us to fork out for dlc, my elite expires in may.

if all im getting for my subscription is a couple of heat maps and details on each weapon then they can fuck off if they think ill be renewing.

if they dont include dlc in elite it will not last past BO2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not touching Elite again, I only got it for MW3 because I wanted the limited edition hardcase. The amount of times the dlc has been on sale is absurd, i'm not usually one to complain about sales but they advertised elite as, hey! get your maps early, some extra bonuses (which didn't go up or work really) and save some money. It seems people that waited and didn't buy elite saved more money then I did. I'll just wait for the dlc to go on sale if i'm still playing CoD by the time some comes out.

Beachhead are seriously the most incompetant/uslesss company in the world.

not only did they utterly fail with supporting ELITE during its first year paid for BETA, they announced in august that they would announce Elite 2.0 in 1 month.......its now october 10th and still nothing.....FUCKING USELESS:uzi:

I think Beachhead is partly outsourced to India and run from there which explains a lot.

I have quite a few Elite 1 year codes leftover from MW3 and contacted MS Support via twitter & phone + IW. They all confirmed and I have an email that Elite will continue as is and even my subscription codes/token can be used towards Black ops 2 when redeemed at launch in game.

I think Elite 2 might be scrapped and they are continuing with the same program.

I think Beachhead is partly outsourced to India and run from there which explains a lot.

I have quite a few Elite 1 year codes leftover from MW3 and contacted MS Support via twitter & phone + IW. They all confirmed and I have an email that Elite will continue as is and even my subscription codes/token can be used towards Black ops 2 when redeemed at launch in game.

I think Elite 2 might be scrapped and they are continuing with the same program.

wouldn't be surprising in the slightest, i'm convinced that this game will run 2 lots of paid for dlc content, one lot for zombies and one lot for mp. i'm only even contemplating elite again because i'm in a clan but my membership doesn't expire until may so i got a few months yet.

• 2 weeks later...
They need to do Elite like EA did Battlelog; a stat tracking site. Leave the DLC to an all encompassing Season Pass or the like.

Also, have it track across all the games. MW3 and Blops 2 anyway.

Fantastic Idea, go back a few weeks and suggest it and it'll look more impressive :p

Fantastic Idea, go back a few weeks and suggest it and it'll look more impressive :p

Too busy to go back and search through forums :p

Actually I read that is exactly what they are doing with it since they have the SP for Blops 2 but I cant find the article I read it in.

Too busy to go back and search through forums :p

Actually I read that is exactly what they are doing with it since they have the SP for Blops 2 but I cant find the article I read it in.

Fake edit: nm