Bitching Thread

Nevander

No offence to anyone intended here, but why is ittat people seem to want achievements handed to them, some people seem like they are entitled to them straight away...........

[...]

My only problem with these achievements lies with the one for getting to round 15 in Neverending Trials. In their other achievements they make a points you don't need to plat. any Extremes, or even Gold skill games. Then they throw in the one for Neverending Trials. Plat. on that skill game is 12 rounds. You have to go 15 after they make such a big deal about not needing any plats. on Extreme. Now not only do you have to Plat. an Extreme but go three rounds past the medal's requirement.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference between getting platinum on ALL extremes/skillgames or just ONE though. I've got to agree with tugboatman on this one. The UEII achievement has a lot of luck involved with it, none of the individual levels are as hard as getting platinum on an extreme track (or even some medium/hard tracks for that matter), but you do need to be very consistent with your riding techniques to get to 15.

• 4 weeks later...
Platinum is 1:12 and I just got 1:11.990 lol

From what I've played the 2nd seems pretty easy and the last 2 significantly harder.

Yeah you're right, I had them mixed up! I highly recommend using the Banshee for the last two, the Phoenix gave me a lot of frustration. Especially on the barrel jumps halfway through The Great Fire.

Yeah, that's definatly the hardest obstacle to get right consistantly. I spent hundreds of runs trying to get platinum, and probably half of them were because of failing on that obstacle. I've tried backing up all the way and giving it full throttle but that usually ended in me flipping over and landing on my head or overshooting the platform, not getting the bike stopped on it in time. If you watch my replay, it's basically an exact copy of how that guy does it, so it's the way to go I guess!

Thanks for that advice. Every time I think I got it down I start failing again and somewhere in between all my constant failures I managed a 1 fault run. The worst part is it takes me so long to get a good run going with the first half of the track being so tough.

Are you using the Banshee aswell? Because it's a hell of a lot harder with the Phoenix.. The first half until that point isn't too hard once you get the hang of it, but another problem was, for me anyway, after that jump I somehow overshot the next jump to the platform a lot (the small one before the checkpoint), so I recommend getting to the checkpoint and just practising those two jumps after it, so once you get a 0-fault run going you don't overshoot it like I did so many times... If that made any sense what I just tried to say :p

I finally got it and yeah I used the Banshee. That jump you're talking about I found was easiest with the momentum from the previous obstacle and not from the checkpoint itself. I thought it was better to overshoot than undershoot since you can use the back wheel to bounce yourself up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone watch out! There is achievement out there that has AIDS! The achievements is called "Unyielding II" and not only it got AIDS, it´s also very very gay, so watch out, trying to get this achievement may cause you mental insanity, destruction of all 4 controllers you have and also the 5th one which is wired, and you also get AIDS.

(summed: Unyielding II sucks and I hate it, most terrible achievement ever for me so far)

That one took me months and was very frustrating but you should definitely hang in there as its all about consistency.

YOHOHOHOHO just did it, few days ago I gave it like 10 tries, yesterday - I tried it for 1h and 30 minutes - unsuccesful, now today I tried like 10 times, the 2nd time I got to the pre-last part, very easy, but I panicked and failed, and now I did it!! UNYIELDING NO LONGER HAS AIDS, BUT STILL WATCH OUT EVERYONE

YOHOHOHOHO just did it, few days ago I gave it like 10 tries, yesterday - I tried it for 1h and 30 minutes - unsuccesful, now today I tried like 10 times, the 2nd time I got to the pre-last part, very easy, but I panicked and failed, and now I did it!! UNYIELDING NO LONGER HAS AIDS, BUT STILL WATCH OUT EVERYONE

As I played this game and learned what to do, and what not to do, my experience was very much like yours. Trials is all about trial and error. You just have to keep at it. I thought I'd never be able to get a platinum on an extreme, let alone beat one, but I did!

I have done everything in this game except the Hard as Nails tournament with no faults, round 15 in Neverending Trials, and all Platinums in Riders of Doom, frankly because they are the hardest three in the whole lot of the game. Probably won't ever get them because they demand a whole new level of ninja skills.

As I played this game and learned what to do, and what not to do, my experience was very much like yours. Trials is all about trial and error. You just have to keep at it. I thought I'd never be able to get a platinum on an extreme, let alone beat one, but I did!

I have done everything in this game except the Hard as Nails tournament with no faults, round 15 in Neverending Trials, and all Platinums in Riders of Doom, frankly because they are the hardest three in the whole lot of the game. Probably won't ever get them because they demand a whole new level of ninja skills.

People like you who have platinum on Extreme tracks should be called Bike Ninja´s.

• 2 weeks later...
this game is a piece of shit with broken physics

also nice from the creators that obvious TASers aren't kicked out of the rankings but I guess there are just to many of them so they did not care

Dude are you serious or are you seriously retarded? Trails has amazing physics, it is the reason why the game is so good amongst others.

You can't TAS trails either, you are apparently incapable of accepting true skill.

I believe that achievements should actually be just that so i shall relish the challenge of the harder ones on the RoD dlc. If you are prepaired to put in the effort you will eventually get there if you are in it for score whoring then trails is not for you.

So after days of pain playing this I got a little bit more skilled, I have 17 of 20 cheevos now.

Just 3 to go:

WIN 5 ONLINE GAMES

FIND ALL SQUIRELS

SCENIC TOURMANENT - 0 FAULTS

Online wins I found easiest by playing Hardcore Trials (if you are good). Most of the time you can easily kick everyone's ass on those Hard or Extreme tracks. If not, then Supercross is probably easiest to win on.

Squirrels are self-explanatory, just hook yourself up with Maka's guide and you're set.

Scene Route isn't really hard AT ALL, it takes practice though. Not to gloat, but me now, I could do that tournament with no faults anytime (along with any other of the base game's achievements). What I am trying to say is with more practice in this game comes the ability to do stuff like that so easily.

Personally I recommend to use the Scorpion and just practice each track one by one until you feel you have a good grasp on them all. The hardest one is Around the Ranch because of that fire pit that can get you and then the last couple jumps.

Tool assisted speed run

tool assisted means using a program (a tool) to cheat/make perfect speedruns. You can create and load saves at will, slow the game down and then compile all the attempts into a perfect speedrun with all the fails removed.