Worth It?

Floyd.

Given that the achievement list looks terrible (I'm not one to 100% many games, but I still love point whoring), is this worth the price tag? I am seeing generally positive reviews, but I have also seen talk of it only being a few hours long, and as I am a new father, I struggle with the value being presented.

Fans of the game: Convince me otherwise if you feel inclined.

It's definately satisfying my craving for a good survival horrow game till the new alien game comes out. I like how it's either run, hide, or die. I feel my blood pressure rising when I'm hiding under a bed and some insane person with a bloody wrench is walking around the room looking for me & telling me he can smell me..

For the current price tag this is 100% not worth it. Game + DLC is almost 30 bucks, while other versions have regularly been free(yes, free) or below 5 dollars consistently(at least sans DLC). If you haven't felt the need to rush and play it by now, then just wait until it goes on sale(which given the limited pool of games to put on sale on the Xbone, it will sooner than later).

For the current price tag this is 100% not worth it. Game + DLC is almost 30 bucks, while other versions have regularly been free(yes, free) or below 5 dollars consistently(at least sans DLC). If you haven't felt the need to rush and play it by now, then just wait until it goes on sale(which given the limited pool of games to put on sale on the Xbone, it will sooner than later).

This is probably the best way to sum up your situation. Give it pass for now or wait for it to be free (since it loves to be free everywhere else). Normally I don't condone waiting for a game to go free if you are interested in it, but this one is the exception. It is really fun/scary though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive actually gotten more enjoyment out of spending $29 on the main game/DLC then I have in the majority of the last few full price $60 titles Ive purchased. If you want to go for the full 1500, it definitely will be a fun and tense experience that will no doubt take at minimum 12 hours if youre exploring yourself. Its also one of the top survival horror titles to be released in years. Something that has been severely lacking in that genre.

Okay, so do you think it would be a game that we'd likely see as free via GWG sometime soon? I know it likes to be free and reduced on other platforms. I'm so hesitant to pick this up, I know I'd enjoy it but I just can't convince myself to drop money on it yet.

Okay, so do you think it would be a game that we'd likely see as free via GWG sometime soon? I know it likes to be free and reduced on other platforms. I'm so hesitant to pick this up, I know I'd enjoy it but I just can't convince myself to drop money on it yet.

Well, not soon, but possibly sometime in its first year on Xbox. Obviously this isn't conclusive evidence, but Outlast was a PlayStation Plus freebie after the first few months on PS4, so with Xbox One's Games with Gold being closer to PlayStation Plus, there's a better chance than if this were the 360 Games with Gold program we were talking about.

I mean for $8 I don't think you're sacrificing much by picking it up now though.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, not soon, but possibly sometime in its first year on Xbox. Obviously this isn't conclusive evidence, but Outlast was a PlayStation Plus freebie after the first few months on PS4, so with Xbox One's Games with Gold being closer to PlayStation Plus, there's a better chance than if this were the 360 Games with Gold program we were talking about.

I mean for $8 I don't think you're sacrificing much by picking it up now though.

^^^^^^^ its way more than $8 i think? I thought it was $20??

I don't think so. It's a relatively new indie game on the platform, so I don't see it going on sale for a while. But then again, they don't have a heap of games or dlc they can put on sale, so it may be discounted soon.

I've had the game since it came out and I really enjoyed it. 1000 pointed the game and I'm working on the dlc at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
Alright guys, just wondering shall i buy this game or just wait for a deal?

I'd personally say buy it.....it's a cracking game. The rumors of it only being a few hours long are if you are running through it using some kinda speed run guide or something...If you plan on playing it properly and do not use any guide etc, it will take you alot longer than a few hours.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...