RE6 Mercenaries

Ada Wong

I'm playing Marc's solo and although I got a fair amount of kills I alway run out of time and don't get much points. Can any one give tips? I run to all the time markers first and than go on a killing spree and haven't worked out so far :(

It's all about the melee kills. You can get all the time extension posts down and still not have near enough time to get to 150 kills, as you've seen. Melee kills grant a small time bonus, it may seem worthless at first, but it ends up being the key to getting all the kills. While playing Mercs I always consider RE to be a hand-to-hand combat game. The gun is only for setting up the melee prompt. You can make a considerable amount of gun kills and be OK, but generally it's only advisable to kill with a gun if you're about to drop a combo.

As for score, it's all about combo length, pairing the Combo Bonus pick-up at a good point in the round (high combo + high density + bosses in play = awesome time to grab it), and time left on clock after all the kills have been made.

The ideal situation is to combo every enemy and in 6 it's way, way easier to do than in 4 or 5 in solo play and especially in partner play. You'll get use to this as you play and learn the system. A big part is learning the combo timers timings and how to maximize the enemies in play in concert with it. For example, keep some easy low HP enemies as stragglers in the case that you're about to drop combo, you can just quickly shoot them or something to tide you over until you can make it to a group, something like that.

Last, it's of a popular belief (mostly because it does work) that getting all the time extensions first and then killing is the best way to do things. I don't agree with that, in every situation, especially in RE 6. It's largely OK to kill while in route from extension pole to extension pole if you space your kills properly or notice that in route to your next pole, enough enemies are there to keep your times OK. My best scores are from killing while grabbing extensions, not grabbing extensions and then killing. Reason being, if you delay the killing process you're just shaving time off your end clock, despite gaining time at each pole. If you grab all the extensions first, you're wasting at least one of them to grab other poles. Multitasking is a good thing once you're comfortable with the system.

Edited by Strid

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to be good at Mercenaries

Step one: Get all time bonuses, you should have an upward of 9 minutes left.

Step two: 1-2 shot kills, headshot to get into light stun, melee for kill, +5 seconds.

Step three: Practice, learn the maps, the enemies, which enemies spawn etc.

Step four: Profit, right now I'm top 100 for solo on the first map.

Then again, I have been playing mercs since RE4 sooo, maybe its just me.

Tribal wasn't slutty, really. And I won't talk about Reunion, the whole mode's a joke.

Which is really just a moot point, because the only reason it was even a different mode is because they were too stupid to just add the characters to normal mercs. The fact that the costumes are just as stupid in 6 as they were in 5 still stands. Also I never said the Tribal set was slutty, I said it was small. Which it is.

There are more differences to regular Mercenaries and Reunion than just the characters.

I'm aware, but those aren't exactly huge changes. Just a few location, mob, and time tweaks and a bunch of other characters. And it doesn't change the fact that it's still stupid that they had to add an extra mode to do it. They could have easily just have added the characters to mercs, instead of finding a reason to add another mode to charge people for.

Which is really just a moot point, because the only reason it was even a different mode is because they were too stupid to just add the characters to normal mercs. The fact that the costumes are just as stupid in 6 as they were in 5 still stands. Also I never said the Tribal set was slutty, I said it was small. Which it is.

Reunion is nothing like the on disc Mercenaries. And so no, I won't talk about it. In original Mercs you didn't have a retarded pirate, a wannabe MotoGP star, I wish I was a samurai etc. It's not even a problem with just having a tribal outfit, it's the fact that the females have outfits that would be perfect for adult movies. WTF is up with the unlockable costumes?? They're all like a huge joke.

I'm aware, but those aren't exactly huge changes. Just a few location, mob, and time tweaks and a bunch of other characters. And it doesn't change the fact that it's still stupid that they had to add an extra mode to do it. They could have easily just have added the characters to mercs, instead of finding a reason to add another mode to charge people for.

When the whole scoring system is entirely different, that counts as a huge change in addition to the changes you just listed.

Edited by TheSipuli91

i like the costumes a lot and i think bonus costumes should be funny and different, its in most games with additional costumes like this. and how is adas dead aim outfit for adult movies? helenas hot cop outfit is nothing compared to shevas tribal outfit.

besides the retro costumes will come as DLC if thats why you are bitching.

Edited by CoregBlue1

i like the costumes a lot and i think bonus costumes should be funny and different, its in most games with additional costumes like this. and how is adas dead aim outfit for adult movies? helenas hot cop outfit is nothing compared to shevas tribal outfit.

besides the retro costumes will come as DLC if thats why you are bitching.

I prefer how it was in RE5 Mercenaries. No joke outfits (clubbin' was an exception and yes, it sucked, but then again, Sheva in general sucked in Mercenaries). I don't see any reason why Crapcom had to throw in a bunch of weird costumes that make it look like the characters got lost on their way to a costume party. And I'm sorry for not being that specific about Ada. And no, I couldn't care less about the retro costumes as they're not on disc content (or maybe they are, knowing Capcom).

How are people breaking 1.2 million? I've been consistently getting 150combos while using the combo time as best as I can and I always get 1.1x million :|

Really!? If you are that good you still wonder WHY!?

Answer: Hackers & Modders. Check the leaderboards, the Top 20 all have a score of 99999999..., check their profiles.

Really!? If you are that good you still wonder WHY!?

Answer: Hackers & Modders. Check the leaderboards, the Top 20 all have a score of 99999999..., check their profiles.

I don't mean the 9999999 ones, I mean the sensible 1.2x million ones. Was wondering if those are legit or if 1.2x is not attainable as right now I'm at a loss.

I like this mode a lot but only on Urban Chaos, I hate the other maps.

So far I unlocked the following:

Leon outfit 1/2

Chris outfit 1/2

Jake outfit 1/2

Sherry outfit 1/2

Piers outfit 1/2

Ada outfit 1/2

Carla outfit 1

Favourite characters are Chris (#1) and Carla.

i have unlocked them too but what about the BSAA agent? i´ve read there is one, think thats bs since i didn´t saw one on the leaderboards.

and you like Urban chaos, really? i hate this map so much, my favourite map is Steelbeast (1to1 german translation), the big bridge. i know this map by heart now, every location of timer, combo bonus and where the monster spawns are since they change when the 2nd (stronger) enemy wave comes. get around 15.000-20.000 skill points each round.

i have unlocked them too but what about the BSAA agent? i´ve read there is one, think thats bs since i didn´t saw one on the leaderboards.

and you like Urban chaos, really? i hate this map so much, my favourite map is Steelbeast (1to1 german translation), the big bridge. i know this map by heart now, every location of timer, combo bonus and where the monster spawns are since they change when the 2nd (stronger) enemy wave comes. get around 15.000-20.000 skill points each round.

Hmmm maybe I should give it another try but only for the skill points drop rate/enemies. What's you favourite character!? I have to say Ada #1 is by far the hardest/worst to play with, although I really like her.

The one thing that really bugs me though is that you can't use any of the unlocked outfits in the campaign or haven't figured it out yet. Also not sure about the BSAA agent, maybe in the DLCs.

Hmmm maybe I should give it another try but only for the skill points drop rate/enemies. What's you favourite character!? I have to say Ada #1 is by far the hardest/worst to play with, although I really like her.

The one thing that really bugs me though is that you can't use any of the unlocked outfits in the campaign or haven't figured it out yet. Also not sure about the BSAA agent, maybe in the DLCs.

hard to say but i really like leon pirate since imo quick shot makes the assault rifle to one of the best weapons but only this one not the automatic, plus its great when the big enemies with armor are appearing, one quick shot the armor is gone and a second one and its dead since quick shot aims for their weak spot. this again is only the case on steelbeast since the big armor enemies are only here but i played this map like 20 times already and the others just to get the characters since i don´t like them at all.

also sherry costume 1 is good since she only has machinegun and pumpgun thus the drops for her will be ammo for one of the both and the drop rate is not different from pistol ammo as far as i can tell since your partner could collect it to (then pistol of course), i also always have the more drops skill equipped atm.

so favourites would be leon costume 1 and sherry costume 1.

and i agree ada standard is the worst followed by jake costume 1.

Edited by CoregBlue1

I read that you might need to get all the alternate colors for the alternate costumes off of Residentevil.net. So far I have only gotten one off of there, about to get my second. If this is true then it will take a while to unlock him...

I don't mean the 9999999 ones, I mean the sensible 1.2x million ones. Was wondering if those are legit or if 1.2x is not attainable as right now I'm at a loss.

My highest is 1.8mil so far in Co-op and that ranked me (When I checked) in the top 300. Having alot of time left over massively increases your score and you use Limit Breaker which adds more score after you get a 50 Combo.

and i agree ada standard is the worst followed by jake costume 1.

I disagree.

Ada standard is a beast, much better than others.. Using Bow all the way, try Bow second ammo! And Jake costume 1 is one of best characters, with them i can easy do Steelbeast map 150 kills in one combo and get 1.2 mil points.

ps For me Carla is weakiest character: pistol + grenade launcher with something like 10 ammo? good first 3 mins, but bad in long run..

pps anyway steelbeast is the best map.

For the dude saying Ada is the worst, did you ever use her quickshot with the crossbow with pipebomb bolts? Also, Carla is great considering the fact the only ammo that drops for her is pistol, I never run out.

yeah i used adas crossbow second mode, obviously. i tried every character several times and IMO she isn´t pretty good.

i stick with leon costume 1 and sherry costume 1.