VR Missions Strategy Guide (Rank 1st)

I found it easier to time it right and make the Fenrir (wolf) from the third round throw his blades against one of the hammer cyborgs, Kills them in one go. The other hammer cyborg can be dealt with easily with the pincer blade (Sundowner's weapon).

Then again it all depends on how they react, it differs and you might get unlucky. Keep trying though c:

After a whole day and 200+ restarts I managed to beat it! :woop: Once you got a system in how to do it its getting easier. I was a master at wave 1 and 2 but 3 is indeed the only pain in the ass wave but I got it! Thanks to all you're people's tips here! Now on to the (what I read) last hard mission (19) Then I got the hardest ones out of the way right? :Bounce:

Yep, 18 and 19 are the only really difficult ones. The rest you can do with a few (depends) tries.

19 is easier than 18 in my opinion, The pincer blade is really all you need.

Yeah Im beating the enemies easily but sometimes the zandutsu cut doesnt show up, but I think mission 19 is more doable then 18 for sure! Will try some more tommorow.

18 was definitely a doozy. During phase 3, the fenrir may throw molten kunais that can kill those juggernaut cyborgs in one hit. If you're lucky, he can kill both. Don't be afraid to parry the hammers, the offense defense dodge doesn't always work out well for me, so if you're confident that's another option to get out of the way.

I need some tips for Mission 18. I can get to Wave 3 reliably but I just don't know how to deal with the Fenrir. What weapon should I be using?

VR18 is all about where the enemies are spawning. So at wave 3 if you know where they all gonna spawn stay a little bit in front of them to the right. If you in the right position the dog will do his spear attack stunning at least one of the bersekers.

Then what I did was keep only focused on the dog and stay close to it otherwise it would use his beam attack what is really hard to dogde. Keep counter-parrying his attack and when succesfull you can kill him. Then focus on the berserkers with a charged sai (my preference). Just message me on Live with any questions. You're on my FL. :)

Yeah Im beating the enemies easily but sometimes the zandutsu cut doesnt show up, but I think mission 19 is more doable then 18 for sure! Will try some more tommorow.

Using the successive 3 hit combo of the pincer on the wolves allows you to immediately :ybut:+:bbut: them to oblivion, which makes them the easiest.

The rest of the enemies can be killed the the 3 hit pincer combo but beware, make sure you jump, dodge and not get greedy with the hits. Take it slowly and they should glow blue indicating they're Zandatsu-able (is that even a word?)

Also, never use the charge attack of the pincer. It can cut and possibly kill enemies.

From the VR Mission 001 video, how did you refill your whole FC meter but just picking up one spine off the ground? I've retried and re-watched your videos so much times and still can't figure it out. I have to zandatsu to completely refill the FC meter but that waste too many seconds.

I've been wondering how to do this as well. Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been wondering how to do this as well. Any tips?

Just picking up one spine does fill up your FC meter. hmmm...seems like a silly question but are you actually hitting the red box on the enemies(s) when you're doing that slide attack? That makes their spine drop and gives you full FC (and health) the same as zandatsu.

i finished 18 on my third try. i followed the fenrir wherever he ran and eventually he will attack with either his dash or his claw attack which are both easy to parry, only problem were the tripods, they were really annoying.

19 was a nightmare for me though and cost me 4 hours straight. i lost 4 times when i was about to cut the last fenrir and missed the red box lol. then i watched the videos the thread creator made and this is the best way to fight fenrirs imo.

forward, forward Y with no unique weapon equipped and Blademode cancel to do it again, after the 7th time you can execute him. did this on the last 4 fenrirs and it worked pretty well (although i still messed up a few times but thats my fault).

Just did 18. I noticed on the wave with the Fenrir, as soon as he spawns he ALWAYS does the move where he throws multiple dart things at you spread out horizontally. At the beginning of this wave just line yourself up against the wall so that the Heavily Armed Cyborg is in the middle of you and the Fenrir. The Fenrirs' dart attack will intantly kill the cyborg. Occasionally it will just stun the cyborg but if that happens you can just Y+B him. One cyborg is easier than two!

• 1 month later...

I cant believe I just fucked up 18 big time.

Perfect run it was. Killed the two guys in wave 2 almost instantly, they both jumped at me and i PPed them, and luckily my Y+B killed them both at once.

Then, wave 3, the dog happens to stun BOTH hammers one after another, making them easy preys for Y+B...then, I PP the dog almost immediately after those two....damn, I was so excited I made it into wave 5 with almost 6 minutes left...

Then, I failed. :mad:

Fuckin' camera freaked out so I couldnt see his incoming melee attack....

• 2 months later...

An easier run for vr 20 is to go straight and take the left after the ramp, then instead of going right to jump kick up to the guy on the balcony/walkway, ninja run up the ledge on your left. From here immediately turn to move toward the guy that was jump-attacked in the video and ninja run over the empty area to run across some invisible platforms that lead to the same area you end up in the video if you successfully jump kick up to the top level.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...