My First Custom Controller

Michael Fautley

Hey all,

The parts finally arrived and I was able to make my first custom controller. I went with a resident evil 6 theme with purple shell, black buttons and a resident evil 6 guide button.

995040_542555792457774_1883692577_n.jpg

1016057_542555825791104_1513558108_n.jpg

1270_542555809124439_2061022083_n.jpg

Tell me what you think of it.

I have cleaned up a friends controller and changed the buttons to black along with the guide button.

1069991_155313017993590_622801580_n.jpg

Edited by Michael Fautley
Added new photos of other modded controller and made the photos visable without clicking on the link.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, Personally I prefer to have letters on my buttons but that's just me, I like the logo replacing the guide button that is a nice touch

Thank you, I personally prefer the clean black look on the buttons. I have played it so long that I know where they are and it stops newbies from using my controller lol.

Looking to sell it so I can make some more, cost me £35 to make (£15 controller, £20 parts & tools). I won't need to buy the tools next time as got them now. Hopefully sell for £40 and make a little profit but need to find someone to buy it first lol.

Unfortunately I didn't make it but it was custom made for me... the people who made it buy a brand new controller, boxed as seen, then they modify it.

The bullet buttons aren't too bad, they take a bit of getting used to with the D-pad but it's all good.

I really like your design though :)

Unfortunately I didn't make it but it was custom made for me... the people who made it buy a brand new controller, boxed as seen, then they modify it.

The bullet buttons aren't too bad, they take a bit of getting used to with the D-pad but it's all good.

I really like your design though :)

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for that controller.

I am unable to buy the parts cheap enough to customise a brand new controller so I buy preowned controllers and clean them up and customise them.

I am looking to make a few and see if people will buy them. Just need to get the word out there tho.

Guest Scotty
Hey all,

The parts finally arrived and I was able to make my first custom controller. I went with a resident evil 6 theme with purple shell, black buttons and a resident evil 6 guide button.

https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/995040_542555792457774_1883692577_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/1016057_542555825791104_1513558108_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/1270_542555809124439_2061022083_n.jpg

Tell me what you think of it.

That is a sexy ass controller. very nice:)

Here's mine... made with real bullets/shells. What do you guys think?

387578_10200565529725831_1401545340_n.jpg

307380_10200565530165842_1975464636_n.jpg

557975_10200565530685855_929603932_n.jpg

this too is cool. i've got the bullet buttons, but mine are just the A,B,X,Y buttons, not the D-pad and guide ones. i bought the parts off ebay and after having a practice run on an old broken controller, i managed to put this together;

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r752/Scotty280890/IMAG0010_zpsa26b5b4e.jpg

i want to do a better one, but i can't find a shell that i really like. i'll have to keep scouring ebay until i do find one.

Be careful buying pre-owned controllers and trying to sell them. Controllers wear out, like everything else. You'd have one upset customer if you sold them a $40 controller that worked for a week because it was just wore out, shiny or not.

I understand where you are coming from but if it did fail within a week I would get them to give it back and I would refund them or make them another one. I haven't fully worked everything out yet just seeing if anyone wants to buy my first controller. Hopefully it takes off as I really enjoyed making this one.

Guest Scotty
it cost about £70 in the UK... That's for the controller, parts and labour. The people that make them only ever make one of every design they do so they are quite unique

where from? i like the blue glow around your guide button. might have to acquire myself a sexy new controller and let someone else build it.

it cost about £70 in the UK... That's for the controller, parts and labour. The people that make them only ever make one of every design they do so they are quite unique

£70 isn't bad for all that's done to it, if I had the money in the first place I would buy a brand new controller but am a little broke lol. I also can't do the coloured lights at the moment as dont have solidering kit but am looking into one soon. How much do you think my controller is worth?

Guest Scotty
Impressive stuff in here.

I'd like something custom, but not for that price.

you can do this yourself for A LOT cheaper and it's a lot easier than you would think. all you need yourself is a special screwdriver for the original controller that you will be dismantling, plus a small phillips head.

a quick example for a tenner;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Custom-Chrome-Gold-Xbox-360-Controller-Shell-Case-/261222227932?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item3cd20edfdc

Looks pretty damn good, TBH. Though I probably would have gone with a RE4 theme. Liked that game more.

Here's mine... made with real bullets/shells. What do you guys think?

557975_10200565530685855_929603932_n.jpg

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r752/Scotty280890/IMAG0010_zpsa26b5b4e.jpg

Not a big fan of the bullet buttons, but they sure do look good. I have a few cosmetic modded controllers.

fhw3.jpg

5bb1.jpg

wejh.jpg

Guest Scotty

Not a big fan of the bullet buttons, but they sure do look good. I have a few cosmetic modded controllers.

Hey A Zombie Twinkie, I like your controllers. I am not a big fan of the bullet buttons either.

they are aesthetically pleasing, but they are awkward to use and not as good as the standard smooth ones.

also, if you are one of those people who may get a tad annoyed when you're losing a game, and then proceed to punch your controller, you won't do it again after punching the top edge of a metal bullet let me tell ya':p

they are aesthetically pleasing, but they are awkward to use and not as good as the standard smooth ones.

also, if you are one of those people who may get a tad annoyed when you're losing a game, and then proceed to punch your controller, you won't do it again after punching the top edge of a metal bullet let me tell ya':p

I used to be like that with my controllers but I ended up breaking to many so now I just walk away or let the wife play some. If I get annoyed with the game im playing, I put on the PS3 and watch the wife play heavy rain. I personally dont like the PS3 but since I bought it for Dawn I can't help but be glued to it when she's playing Heavy rain. I haven't played it as its her game and I dont want to mess up her save but looks amazing.