Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the win 100 games, can you just simulate a season, would that work? does games won while simulating count?

No you cannot simulate for the wins. they have to be done by you. You can do one of two ways: Play games with 1 minute periods or just do the shootouts. As I stated before, the formula is pretty easy because you can get 31 wins as cake. And they can be done on any mode. You can simulate to get the Stanley Cup and Dynasty achievements. Just save every so often with your team, if they don't win in the playoffs, reload.

For those regarding the date, it was pushed back to the 11th.

Just a word to the wise about these achievements...

Do not play and sim during the regular season, or playoffs or it locks achievements. For example you can't sim the first 36 games, and play the last five and try and get the Brick Wall achievement, or make sure you win the Presidents Award, because you won't get the Dynasty or Dominance achievements. For some reason you have to either play it all or sim it all for the achievements.

The playoffs and season are separate items so you can sim the entire regular season and play the playoffs and you'll get the achievements. Or you can just sim everything and get the achievements, but don't combine the two in either the regular season or playoffs. It's been a rough night of testing to find this out... appreciate my pain.

I'm trying to get the Fast Start achievement, but its not unlocking and I'm not sure why. I switched the difficulty to all-star and set it to one minute periods in the settings. I read the guide and did a quick game playing as the eastern all-stars vs Ukraine. Scored in the first period (1 minute periods) and then won the game.. nothing unlocked. Did it twice actually.. not sure whats up.

Anyone have any ideas? Does it have to be one minute GAME clock? I don't want to set it to 20 minute periods then have to finish the hour-long game before it unlocks if I can score in the first min..

It has to be one minute game clock. So if you have the periods set to 1 min. You only have 5 secs to score to get the achievement. With 5 minute periods you would have 15 secs, 10 mins would be 30 secs, 15 mins would be 45 and of course 20 mins would give you the full min.

Ok, thanks, I'll try it out.

Someone explain to me why I have 10 shut outs in a row and no achievement. I do have it on PRO and Im not getting it. Very frustrating.

Are you doing it in franchise mode? I made that mistake of doing it in quick games. The achievement does say "Record 5 consecutive shutouts in Franchise mode on Pro difficulty or higher." though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't find the sliders either. Does this game have sliders?

options....my nhl....game styles...view edit....hit your left trigger.

Can someone help me with the challenge mode...I've never played a hockey game...are hits just hitting the offender? And how do you do a one timer?

edit: NVM, I just finished the game and realized you don't have to unlock them both first and then play, just beat the USA vs. USSR challenge! Thank god.

yea i haven't played a hockey game since gretsky 3d on n64 over a decade ago. that was the first single player achievement i tried and i lost the first game with all of the sliders in my favor. hockey just isn't my sport.

• 4 weeks later...

As far as "sliders" go, I believe that only applies to the game settings, as I didn't get any achievements fiddling with the rosters.

I was having some trouble with the +10 scoring margin, so I set down the reaction time and such on the opponent's starting goalie through the roster menu. I fired up the game (on pro) and proceeded to win by 14. The achievement didn't unlock.

Has anyone else encountered that changing the player's sliders turn off the achievements? Maybe the guide can be clarified if this is the case. Or did I do something wrong?

As far as "sliders" go, I believe that only applies to the game settings, as I didn't get any achievements fiddling with the rosters.

I was having some trouble with the +10 scoring margin, so I set down the reaction time and such on the opponent's starting goalie through the roster menu. I fired up the game (on pro) and proceeded to win by 14. The achievement didn't unlock.

Has anyone else encountered that changing the player's sliders turn off the achievements? Maybe the guide can be clarified if this is the case. Or did I do something wrong?

I'm not sure why adjusting player stats would turn off achievements if messing around with the sliders (as in game settings sliders, not player stats) wouldn't do the same. I would just leave the players alone and adjust the game sliders. Once you set all the CPU slider down to zero and the human sliders to 100, the easiest way to get a goal is to use boost to get past the defenders and then go almost into the corners, but not quite, then go to the area in front of the crease and shoot. It might take a couple tries to figure out the right timing, but it's not hard once you get it.

But I haven't tried to adjust the player stats, so I'm not sure if it was just a glitch (Ha, a glitch in a 2ksports game?) or if it would turn off the achievements like you said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...