Is This Safe?

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the prizes?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/187garircao2pjpg/xlarge.jpg

A truck. Like a truck you can put things on. Not a series of tubes. Because if you know, those tubes can get clogged.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE]Series of Tubes - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs]Series of Tubes Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

Lol dude you and me both. Because I'm on break from school, I've been staying up til 7 am and sleeping til 3 pm. I've never had my sleep pattern be this crazy.

Then your schedule is already modified enough to make the schedule possible. If you were used to 8 hours a night and tried to jump right into that schedule, without ample amounts of adrenaline (which, yeah, you're not going to get on your couch), you'd crash your second night.

You could try hardcore sleep schedule modification:

http://www.dustincurtis.com/sleep.html

But you need about a month ahead of time to get the "2 hours a day" trick to work. Try to dive right in and, again, you'll crash.

Caffeine is probably the worst thing you can do for your body on this, too. Don't chug it throughout. Drink it after waking up. Take a high dose of it right before you take one of your few hour naps, ideally through coffee because of a more concentrated caffeine content over whatever soda you think you prefer.

YMMV, but best of luck.

Oh, and remember to set redundant alarms that you won't sleep through.

Edited by Felonious Monk

Hate to be negative, but with those hours he's putting in, it probably won't be enough to even get close to catching up with the people who are already on top.

Oh, so he's not holding a lead and is trying to catch up?

Yeah, may be all for naught, then. Because likely the top players have similar schedules. Or will be swapping in a B-team to keep them going during naptime.

THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES!

Yeah, big prizes are on the line. Most people don't care.

Hate to be negative, but with those hours he's putting in, it probably won't be enough to even get close to catching up with the people who are already on top.

The ranks reset on the 10th and start fresh on the 12th. My team is running the mission faster than any time we have seen by anybody in the top 50 on the leaderboards (halo waypoint research). We have a very good chance of making it happen.

Thanks to everybody for the insightful responses. I'm excited to get this show on the road

What are you gonna do if a really hot girl wants to get with you? Are you gonna say "Sorry, gotta do the Infinity Challenge"?

Yes.

10char

ROFL. I respect that kind of commitment but I'm not sure I could be that dedicated.

Win or lose, having a goal or a competition makes things more fun imo. Good luck :)

True. You have to have at least a little respect for anyone that is so dedicated to accomplishing a goal.

Oh, so he's not holding a lead and is trying to catch up?

Yeah, may be all for naught, then. Because likely the top players have similar schedules. Or will be swapping in a B-team to keep them going during naptime.

Seriously, that's why I gave up on the Wars Games Challenge one, I was in the top 1,000 Day 1. But the top 10 places had XP points that were extremely hard to achieve as one person playing Halo 4 constantly well for 24 hours.

Also:

That's the one you win a Truck for (not tubes) ;)

The Spartan Ops Challenge - you win the chance to be a custom character in the next sequel.

Seriously, that's why I gave up on the Wars Games Challenge one, I was in the top 1,000 Day 1. But the top 10 places had XP points that were extremely hard to achieve as one person playing Halo 4 constantly well for 24 hours.

Also:

That's the one you win a Truck for (not tubes) ;)

The Spartan Ops Challenge - you win the chance to be a custom character in the next sequel.

Yup! And there's nothing I want more than to be in Halo 5. The way I see it, this is kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity and I won't know unless I'll try. Halo has always been my favorite game and to have a chance to be immortalized with Master Chief forever is awesome.

That explains why your gamerscores are so high.

OP: I suggest you get up every hour or two and just stroll around your house. Get something to drink and maybe eat. You'll be fine. However if you are sitting down for 15 hours on end that is extremely unsafe. The news stories of the people who died gaming are because of some vein/artery problem because they weren't moving.

Sounds kinky jk... But ya, moving once in awhile is good, take a quick pace between matches/levels

I suggest you take breaks if you rage in the middle of the game. I raged a lot and usually took a break for 10-15 minutes. A few minutes later, you should be good. I tried the strategy and it helped me.

A lot of us don't rage.

Even fewer of us will rage when in a tournament setting or mindset.

That, and the whole not "six year olds and virgins" thing.

If you are raging, then maybe you shouldn't be playing online, because you're behaving like a child.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there's a system and supporting community that caters directly to your taste that also develops "games [that] are for babies".