Official NBA Thread

Creech

Sports Bar Rules:

No Flaming! - Feel free to disagree, be passionate about your favorite team(s), etc., but if you attack another member of the site you may find yourself less than welcome.

No Spam! - The key here is to discuss the sport/teams/players in question, not to throw out random comments unrelated to anything.

Have Fun! - This is why we are all here, right? Keep it fun.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules, use the report function and that will let the moderation team know. We will address it as quickly as we can.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First!

Now that I got that out of my system, does anyone out there think the Raptors can/will be a contender in the near future?

I like some of their talent like Kyle Lowry and Andrea Bargnani, but are they enough to build a solid core and win?

I'm a casual Raptors fan so any input from any of you basketball experts is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Raptors are so far away from contending with their current lineup. They need a new GM more than anything. They need to trade Calderon and Bargnani for more picks and rebuilt. Lowry and Derozan are good, but they need a top 12 player on their team if they want to contend. Maybe if they somehow get lucky down the road and get that kid Wiggins they can make some noise. I just don't see players lining up to want to get traded to Toronto.

Anyway, I like the Nets.... have for a long time. They're in desperate need of a coaching change. They have so much talent, started the season by going 11-4, and have gone 2-8 since then. Williams is also playing like trash this season. I also think they need to package up some picks with Humphries and Brooks to try to get a quality power forward.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm new to the site so I don't know how often people post on this NBA forum but who else is excited about the possible return of the Seattle SuperSonics?! I actually went to a Sonics game back in '03 when Ray Allen & the Sonics beat J-Rich & the Warriors.

I'm excited to see the SuperSonics and their green and yellow jersey once again =]

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone watching the slam dunk contest it's pretty bad not what it used to be.

I thought it was decent. I think Dwight Howard's and Blake Griffin's props ruined the contest. It set the expectations way too high even though their dunks weren't all that exciting.

Glad Damian Lillard won the skills challenge, but disappointed by Tony Parker's effort to lose it for the west.

Anyone watching the slam dunk contest it's pretty bad not what it used to be.

Compared to last years contest it was good. I enjoyed Terrence Ross performance tonight. Only prop was a little kid which IMO he really didn't need to put the finishing touch.

Favorite of them all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK5MtXEpgO4]Terrence Ross Tribute To Vince Carter - YouTube[/ame]

I thought it was decent. I think Dwight Howard's and Blake Griffin's props ruined the contest. It set the expectations way too high even though their dunks weren't all that exciting.

Glad Damian Lillard won the skills challenge, but disappointed by Tony Parker's effort to lose it for the west.

I agree Dwight and Griffin using props has ruined the contest. People expect something amazing when you bring out a prop now because Griffin jumped over the HOOD of a car.

Tony Parker looked like he got this in the bag and then everything went wrong for him. It was a good laugh.

As a Blazers Fan I was glad Damian won the skill challenge.

also the dunk constest sucks and has sucked for a few years.

part of what made the older dunk constests so great is as complicated as they were, they were dunks that could be seen in a fast break in an actual game. i'd love to see blake get a car in the arena so he can score.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't imagine it being any other team besides the Heat, Spurs, Grizzlies, or Pacers.

The Thunder have a nice team, but it's full of athletes. The other four I listed have way better basketball teams, none of which I see the Thunder beating in a seven game series.

I'll say the Heat will win it, but the Spurs give them a fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm actually glad my Spurs will face the Lakers in the first round and not Houston. I wouldn't have said that a month ago but with Kobe gone and Nash a constant question mark they are in worse shape injury and talent wise than the Spurs. Dwight Howard will make it a series and maybe push it to 6 games, but I fear James Harden because he's a Spur killer. Rockets lose in 5.

• 1 month later...