What games would you give a perfect score too?

DeaDpOoL xx

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin Bethesda fans are all delusional.

Despite whatever feelings you have towards Bethesda, it's hard to imply that the Fallout games haven't been great games, but the title of this thread is 'perfect' and OP is asking what we personally would give a perfect score to. So, the 'there will never be a perfect game' argument is somewhat moot.

Personally, the only game that has deserved a perfect score from me is Megaman X, Rockman X, whichever you prefer. That game defined my childhood. I still listen to the Sigma stage themes to this day.

He MUST be taking the piss. :p

But lets not mock other opinions.

Duke and ET for the Atari... Yes. He's pissing and pissing is not an opinion.. ;) Mock away :D

Fuckin Bethesda fans are all delusional.

Yes, yes we are. :)

All in all don't think I've given a perfect score on any game, but but but setting aside technical gripes and going on just the impact and warm fuzzy sensation a game left me with, the impression a game leaves behind when you're done that the ride in the end was totally worth it.

These ones as being very important to me for a variety of reasons and very very fond memories, but it's a damn long list.

[spoiler=opiateslist]

Ultima 7 Black Gate

Ultima 7 Part 2 Serpent Isle

Planescape Torment

Orange Box (Half Life 2 Ep 2 especially)

Half Life 1

Portal 2

Tie Fighter

Quake

Quake 2

Wolfenstein 3D / Spear of Destiny (The Original Mecha-Hitler!)

Mass Effect

Dragon Age Origins

Halo Combat Evolved

Halo Reach

Lost Odyssey

Bioshock

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Tetris

Metroid

Metroid 2 Return of Samus

Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening

Dishonoured

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Mirror's Edge

Assassin's Creed

Nier

Red Dead Redemption

Transformers War For Cybertron

Fallout 3

I agree there isn't really any game I would consider 'perfect', seeing as I'm sure I could at least think of one or two things I might like changed in even my favorite games. But if I had to choose a game that I loved pretty much every single aspect of, at least for the most part, it would be Dark Souls.

I've been gaming for over 25 years, I have yet to play a game that I'd give a perfect score to. I suppose the closest I've ever come was playing Super Mario Brothers 3, but even that game had glitches so it wasn't perfect. As for this gen, no game has come even close to perfect, and some of the games people are listing here had some major flaws in them. A game like Skyrim for instance, was very glitchy and buggy, and would freeze often. GTA IV had awkward controls and the driving felt broken. And Borderlands was filled with repetitious quests and modders who infested the game with their invincible shields and one hit kill shotguns.

Tough call on a perfect game, but I have played some amazing games.

Portal 2

Half Life 2

Lost Odyssey (which I really need to get into more)

Bioshock

Mass Effect 2

Far Cry 3

Walking Dead XBLA

I have thoroughly enjoyed all these games, and have no bad words to say about any of them. One game I have heard many good things about is Bioshock Infinite. I have £150 on the way from my dad as a belated birthday present, and I am seriously considering buying it, despite my disappointment from Bioshock 2. If it is as good as people are saying, then I might add it to my list of perfect games.

• 2 weeks later...

Red dead redemption

Fallout 3

GTA 4

Assassins creed 2 and brotherhood (haven't played revelations and newer yet)

Call of duty MW 1 and 2 (haven't played 3 yet)

I enjoyed the stories in these and genuinely had a lot of fun playing these. Most people will probably berate me for liking COD, but then I guess that's the popular and sheepish thing to do on the Internet these days