What games are you getting Day One?

EliteShadowMan

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to pick up my GTAV poster today (incredibly fucking sweet btw) and figured I'd drop some reserves so I at least ATM have Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Ryse for the Xbox One, with Titanfall later on. Will need to see how much replay WD/Ryse have before I actually pick them up, the other 2 are probably locks though. Though I will still probably be renting AC4, DR3, whatever else is out for the Xbox One by the time the new year rolls round.

So... what are people finding appealing about Watch Dogs? It looks cool but idk.. tons of stuff coming out that I actually think look awesome :p

Graphics, frame rate, you get to be a vigilante, he looks cool, open world, it's new, graphics, you can kill random civilians if you want. What's not to be excited about :D

like ryse :Bounce:

I think you're the only one bouncing off the walls for Ryse. LOL

So... what are people finding appealing about Watch Dogs? It looks cool but idk.. tons of stuff coming out that I actually think look awesome :p

Graphics, frame rate, you get to be a vigilante, he looks cool, open world, it's new, graphics, you can kill random civilians if you want. What's not to be excited about :D

Not to mention that you're basically walking around with GOD's iPHONE. LOL

New IP is one of the key reasons that it's appealing. For me at least!

Not to mention that you're basically walking around with GOD's iPHONE. LOL

And this :p

Edited by BiggD

New IP is one of the key reasons that it's appealing. For me at least!

Fair enough. I just haven't heard much about it despite all the people on this site who want it, and the stuff I have seen looked cool but I have not seen as much as most of the other games coming out. I'll probably end up checking it out though.

Fair enough. I just haven't heard much about it despite all the people on this site who want it, and the stuff I have seen looked cool but I have not seen as much as most of the other games coming out. I'll probably end up checking it out though.

If you break it down into justifying if it's worth getting over other launch titles, you'll have to exclude CoD and BF since those are MP-based games. Need For Speed and Forza are pretty much the same old thang. There's barely an information out on Ryse, ACIV looks awesome but we know how it'll play, and Dead Rising 3...well that game looks badass.

I know I didn't have to type all that out, but either way you look at it, Watch Dogs looks like an awesome choice in launch titles over what else is available :p

If you break it down into justifying if it's worth getting over other launch titles, you'll have to exclude CoD and BF since those are MP-based games. Need For Speed and Forza are pretty much the same old thang. There's barely an information out on Ryse, ACIV looks awesome but we know how it'll play, and Dead Rising 3...well that game looks badass.

I know I didn't have to type all that out, but either way you look at it, Watch Dogs looks like an awesome choice in launch titles over what else is available :p

On the other hand, if you're an MP player who likes long-term replayability that MP offers, CoD, BF4, and Forza all offer quite a bit of that.

Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed 4 will all be obtainable for $40 or less USED by February.

Though, I'm one to talk, I'm getting BF4, Forza, and DR3 all on launch. I'll probably get Watch Dogs new when it comes out as well. I'm only waiting on Ryse and AC4.

On the other hand, if you're an MP player who likes long-term replayability that MP offers, CoD, BF4, and Forza all offer quite a bit of that.

Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed 4 will all be obtainable for $40 or less USED by February.

Though, I'm one to talk, I'm getting BF4, Forza, and DR3 all on launch. I'll probably get Watch Dogs new when it comes out as well. I'm only waiting on Ryse and AC4.

Yeah, that too. Comes down to if you favor MP games over any SP experience, since MP obviously gives you money in terms of re-playability. Although there's SP games I don't mind spending the full $60 on, and Watch Dogs is definitely one of them.

Off topic, you'll have to maybe remember to let me know how DR3 is (or anyone who's getting it at launch for that matter), as it's one of those that I'm gonna get later on down the road.

In all honesty I plan on just buying the xbox one to try for a few hours before I sell it. Unless it blows me a away I will be sticking with my pc and xbox 360 until it comes down in price.

If I do end up getting a day one game it will probably be Battlefield 4 since I'm a DICE fanboy.

Edited by newbsicle

On launch night - Forza 5, Fifa 14, COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4. Might add Dead Rising 3 and Watch Dogs. Really looking forward to playing Forza with the new impulse triggers on the new controller. It's gonna be an expensive night lol.

Can't wait for Destiny & Titanfall. I just want them to reveal the release date now, so I can book some time off work.

barely any info about Ryse????

YOU DON'T NEED INFORMATION ABOUT RYSE :mad:

You will buy it FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!

PS: civis romanus sum motherfuckers

Ahem, it looks like an awesome idea and crytek might throws us a game changer curve ball later?