Is This Safe?

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I am participating in the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge for Spartan Ops and I plan on winning a prize in Tier 1. I am grouped up with some guys in the top 10 in the leader board and we blaze through missions, so I know it will be worth my time. ANYWAY, this post isn't about Halo or the challenge (hence why I posted it in the Off Topic section.)

I want to know if it is safe to play for as long as I plan to each day.

Saturday:

12:00 AM - 5:00 PM

10:00 PM - 12:00 AM

(5 hours of sleep)

Sunday:

12:00 AM - 3:00 PM

9:00 PM - 12:00 AM

(6 hours of sleep)

Monday:

12:00 AM - 1:00 PM

(9 hours of sleep)

Tuesday:

(5 hours of sleep)

Wednesday:

12:00 AM - 4:00 PM

9:00 PM - 12:00 AM

(5 hours of sleep)

Thursday:

(7 hours of sleep)

Friday:

12:00 AM - 4:00 PM

11:00 PM - 12:00 AM

(7 hours of sleep)

Saturday

12:00 AM - 12:00 AM

(No sleep)

inb4 I have no life

I am a college student on my winter break with nothing to do anyway.

So overall, are there any health risks with playing the hours I've posted? I think the amount of sleep I left myself is enough. I'm just worried about playing all of those hours straight. What can I do to prevent any problems?

Thanks guys

Edited by SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howd you manage that your on here most of the time aint ya ;)

Multi-tasking. Phones can do it, why can't people? ;)

I game for a good 12 hours a day if I have work. 17+ if not (this does stretch through to the next day, as I go to bed around 4am), and I'm still alive. Have done it this way for the last 12+ years.

That explains why your gamerscores are so high.

OP: I suggest you get up every hour or two and just stroll around your house. Get something to drink and maybe eat. You'll be fine. However if you are sitting down for 15 hours on end that is extremely unsafe. The news stories of the people who died gaming are because of some vein/artery problem because they weren't moving.

Wasn't there a story about a gamer that died not that long ago. If I remember rightly it was due his own neglect I.e not drinking or eating but still shows it can kill. Just be safe with it, you know your body.

Gamers die all the time from marathon gaming sessions (especially Asian RTS and MMO players)

What it usually boils down to is they didn't eat, drink or sleep enough (basically they didn't eat, drink or sleep at all in 48 hours).

From what the OP has posted he isn't in serious danger unless he has some pre-existing conditions that the schedule might exacerbate (like say diabetes).

It's perfectly safe. I pull all nighters all the time with little to no sleep. When I do sleep, I sleep all day and wake up at 6 PM.

My sleep pattern is all fucked up.

Lol dude you and me both. Because I'm on break from school, I've been staying up til 7 am and sleeping til 3 pm. I've never had my sleep pattern be this crazy.