What games are you getting Day One?

EliteShadowMan

I'm curious as to what games everyone is going to be getting on release day? I've put my $100 down on the X1, and $5 on Watchdogs. Might be getting Battlefield 4, and Dead Rising 3. Don't know what or if i'll be getting anything else right away. I feel like Ryse will be very repetitious, and the other games are Sports pretty much.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battlefield 4 and Ryse are pre-ordered at the moment.

I am still waiting for the Watch Dogs special editions to be announced in the US, but I will be pre-ordering it.

Potentially ACIV: Black Flag, but again, waiting on special editions to be announced in the US.

Dead Rising 3, I'll probably ask for a Christmas/birthday gift (or money towards it).

I have my XB1 and BF4 paid off already plus Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Destiny, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed 4 all pre-ordered.

Personally, I'm assuming that Microsoft is "money-smart" enough to realize with "Ghosts" coming out November 5th, they need the XB1 to come out BEFORE then, so I suspect Microsoft will be releasing the new system on Friday November 1st, or lumping it in with the "Ghosts" release (therefore somewhat claiming "Ghosts" as a launch title, though it's not exclusive).

So, with Watch Dogs and AC4 coming out later in the year, and Destiny coming out next year ... I figure I'll be coming home with my X-Box One, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Battlefield 4 ...

Which one am I going to play first? Probably BF4 with my buddies.

Ouch...just finished my pre order for launch games...because Im buying 2 copies of most of them (one for my brother) it cost me close to 800 dollars :biglaugh

I have my XB1 and BF4 paid off already plus Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Destiny, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed 4 all pre-ordered.

I wish Destiny was a launch title.

Tossup between Dead Rising 3 and Ryse

It all depends on how long and well done Ryse is

Yeah, Ryse just seems like it'll be a 5-6 hour game and then no replay value so i'm kind of iffy on it. Wait for a price drop probably.

If I end up getting a Xbone.

I would choose Dead Rising 3, game looks AMAZING!

Edit:

Oh and @Elite

Nice signature lol.

I try to get the best sigs ever!

Dead Rising 3

Watch Dogs

Ryse

Battlefield 4

Forza 5

NFS Rivals

so far.

Why NFS? In my opinion the last 3-4 NFS games have been sub par and boring as hell. Maybe it's just me?

Yeah, Ryse just seems like it'll be a 5-6 hour game and then no replay value so i'm kind of iffy on it. Wait for a price drop probably.

I try to get the best sigs ever!

Why NFS? In my opinion the last 3-4 NFS games have been sub par and boring as hell. Maybe it's just me?

Chasing and being chased by other players was so much fun in NFS Hot Pursuit.

Ryse has some type of multiplayer, not much info on it but I saw crytek hinting towards co op in the colosseum...which sounds like it could be pretty amazing.

why would you need a copy for him as well? Can you not "share" with him?

So we can play games together online. I doubt the sharing games feature of X1 will allow for 2 people to be using your digital copy at the same time.

Ouch...just finished my pre order for launch games...because Im buying 2 copies of most of them (one for my brother) it cost me close to 800 dollars :biglaugh

I'd hold off on the two copies on some of the games. With the "family sharing", the single-player games (the ones you won't be playing together at the same time), you can probably hold off and buy only one copy.

Of course, games like Destiny, CoD, BF4, TitanFall, etc ... those you'll want two copies so you can play together. But AC4, Watch Dogs, etc ... those you might consider only getting 1 copy to save money (or to buy another game :D)

I wish Destiny was a launch title.

Yeah. Destiny and TitanFall both ...

Well at this point I have the X1 fully paid for, but I don't have any games pre-ordered. I was thinking that I would go down this afternoon and put some money down for Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Fantasia and Assassin's Creed 4. I'm also interested in Below, but that looks more like an XBLA title than a full retail release. Might also put some money down on Zoo Tycoon, but I don't think that's a launch title. Actually, we don't really have a full list of launch titles yet, do we?

Well at this point I have the X1 fully paid for, but I don't have any games pre-ordered. I was thinking that I would go down this afternoon and put some money down for Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Fantasia and Assassin's Creed 4. I'm also interested in Below, but that looks more like an XBLA title than a full retail release. Might also put some money down on Zoo Tycoon, but I don't think that's a launch title. Actually, we don't really have a full list of launch titles yet, do we?

I'm just going by what games are listed in launch bundles on gamestop so far lol.

I'd hold off on the two copies on some of the games. With the "family sharing", the single-player games (the ones you won't be playing together at the same time), you can probably hold off and buy only one copy.

Of course, games like Destiny, CoD, BF4, TitanFall, etc ... those you'll want two copies so you can play together. But AC4, Watch Dogs, etc ... those you might consider only getting 1 copy to save money (or to buy another game :D)

Yeah. Destiny and TitanFall both ...

Did only get 1 copy of Watch Dogs, if they give out info confirming you can do the share feature and have it being used by 2 people at the same time that would be great as I could cut the cost in half and cancel half of the pre order lol.

TitanFall would have been a really great launch title, very much looking fwd to that.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

It's not a super-long list, and they actually included some games that just release IN November, but they might not actually be available Day-One, depending on when Day-One is ... like Watch Dogs, which releases mid-November.

still undecided on what console, but either console i get, the xboxone has better games.

at launch i will get battlefield 4 (the main reason for nextgen)

and another game, either dr3 or forza5

then at christmas ill get:

watchdogs

ac4

cod ghosts

and undecided about ryse

and if i got a ps4 then id get battlefield4 and driveclub

I have Battlefield 4 and Ryse paid off. Just gotta pay off Watch Dogs as well and I'm set.

I'm waiting until Christmas to get Assassin's Creed I think. I can't do 4 games at launch, too much money! And I too wish Destiny was a launch title. That game is beautiful :(

Oh and Gatck, you're fucking crazy :p

I have Forza 5, Ghosts and Ryse Pre-ordered. My first games I'm getting disc versions, but once I see how the day one digital works, I'll do it that way from then on. Just curious if you can get games at midnight and if you can Pre install like on Steam.

I am really hoping for pre loading to be a feature, otherwise day 1 purchases will take forever to download on launch day lol.