Do you have a "go to" Gamestop?

istagene

Well I live in a border town (Canada/US), I live on the Canadian side and have 2 EB Games (what Game Stop is called in Canada) I can go to. I still make the trip across the bridge to go to the Game Stop on the US side, the prices are better, they have more selection, and the staff is way more friendly. Every time I'm in there I spend at least half an hour shooting the shit with an employee.

Yea its called Amazon.com really close to where I live aka my desk in my room. I love it :)

After my Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition fiasco at Gamestop where I fully paid of my reservation to later find out when I go to pick it up that I apparently "never" pre-ordered it even thought my RECEIPT said N7 edition, I decided to never buy stuff from there best move I ever made. Made them give me the collectors edition guide and an N7 shirt for free for my troubles as well as the $20 or so forgot how much it was back since I had to downgrade to standard edition. Plus I barely buy games anymore so when I do I just order it.

Edited by Deyankees1

The important thing. I was happy in the end :p 16$ store credit nice

When I went to pick up BioShock Infinite at my local Gamestop, I brought along a copy of COD: Black Ops that a friend had given me to trade in for shits and giggles.

The employee accidentally rung it up as Black Ops 2 and gave me $30 store credit for it. I basically got Infinite for half price at launch.

It was glorious.

Edited by Inebriated Jedi

When I went to pick up BioShock Infinite at my local Gamestop, I brought along a copy of COD: Black Ops that a friend had given me to trade in for shits and giggles.

The employee accidentally rung it up as Black Ops 2 and gave me $30 store credit for it. I basically got Infinite for half price at launch.

It was glorious.

You Lucky Daughter of a gun. :p

I need a four leaf clover like you have.

I used to man. There was one in the mall here, 3 total in the city. The employees were cool, it was open so you could just walk in walk out and not feel like people are staring you down the whole time you're inside (like some gamestops do). Very impressive selection of shit too...the other two gamestops, not so much.

Unfortunately, it's closed now. Not sure why...the other two are still afloat but this one closed down start of this year. Sad but a fun fact is: after they took down the shit for the store, you could see the "Babbage's" indention on the wall. Some folks here might be too young to know what they are...but...basically, Ganestop before it started eating everything else. Not sure if it was around before or after Gamestop was part of Books-A-Million...

Anyways, with that one closed...I've had to settle for the next closest. It's collection is alright and there's a cute chick who works there...but usually walking in yields little purchase. I've just about cleaned out what I wanted from their PS2 selection...though there is 4 copies of ICO and one very nice conditioned Shadow of the Collossus I might pick up one day. The other Gamestop has an ok selection too...and actually stocks Gamecube games instead of PS2 games. But...all of the selection sucks and VERY FEW are in the original case.

On topic to Gamestop but...when are they gonna phase out PS2 and Gamecube from ALL stores?

On a second note: I do have go-to gamestores elsewhere, all called Books and Music Exchange. I drop by each one to see what shit's in...all generations in there. Only one sells Dreamcast games and Sega Saturn though, selection isn't that hot...all the way 45 miles from here.

I used to man. There was one in the mall here, 3 total in the city. The employees were cool, it was open so you could just walk in walk out and not feel like people are staring you down the whole time you're inside (like some gamestops do). Very impressive selection of shit too...the other two gamestops, not so much.

Unfortunately, it's closed now. Not sure why...the other two are still afloat but this one closed down start of this year. Sad but a fun fact is: after they took down the shit for the store, you could see the "Babbage's" indention on the wall. Some folks here might be too young to know what they are...but...basically, Ganestop before it started eating everything else. Not sure if it was around before or after Gamestop was part of Books-A-Million...

That sounds exactly like my situation in my area. The fact that it used to be a Babbage's and all.

On topic to Gamestop but...when are they gonna phase out PS2 and Gamecube from ALL stores?

All of the stores are actually stopping PS2 trades altogether. Supposed to be May 31st, but some are stopping early.

I was going to one around fifteen minutes away from my house, but my main one is the one I work at now. It's about a twenty minute drive (in the other direction), so it's not too bad.

You summed up my gamestop / ebgames exprience with "None left man, good luck next time". I use to go there all the time, then I don't know what happened. Someone bought the gamestop closest to me or something, and suddenly the games I would pre-order (after paying full price) would be sold off to someone else.

I would always get screwed by gamestop on pre-orders. I would go in on release day after work and my copy would always be sold to someone else. They even tried to pass a used copy off to me, which at that point I demanded a refund, walked into bestbuy and bought it without having to say a word to anyone.

There's really no reason to ever walk into gamestop / ebgames knowing the prices are better online and the customer service is better at retail giants.

You summed up my gamestop / ebgames exprience with "None left man, good luck next time". I use to go there all the time, then I don't know what happened. Someone bought the gamestop closest to me or something, and suddenly the games I would pre-order (after paying full price) would be sold off to someone else.

I would always get screwed by gamestop on pre-orders. I would go in on release day after work and my copy would always be sold to someone else. They even tried to pass a used copy off to me, which at that point I demanded a refund, walked into bestbuy and bought it without having to say a word to anyone.

There's really no reason to ever walk into gamestop / ebgames knowing the prices are better online and the customer service is better at retail giants.

Geez man what state do you live in. Thats crazy that they would do that, I have heard of people buying brand new games from them for 55$ and when they got home the game disc was broken in half.

I've even heard of Gamestop letting employees take brand new games home ''to try out'' then re seal the games to look ''Brand new''. I would never buy New games at Gamestop anyway,those ugly white stickers on the front and back of the case. Plus near the closest Gamestop to me there is a nearby Best Buy and Walmart in walking distance from Gamestop.

I have an EB Games that I drive further to when there are 2 closer ones. It stems from me buying there when I was single with more money than brains, and I lived near there. Now that I live in the suburbs, I still shop there because:

1) The staff are friendly, helpful and the store is family owned. The husband/wife owners always look like hell after midnight launch events. They flip me little extras like posters, etc.. all the time. They have earned my business and loyalty.

2) I find Gamestop/EB tend to have the better pre-order bonuses than Walmart, Best Buy and Future Shop up here in Canada. Since I only buy new anyway, the cost is $60 no matter where you go. Also, every time my brother pre-orders online from anyone (Amazon, Best Buy and Future Shop so far), he has had nothing but headaches trying to get a simple email for the bonus codes from all 3 of them.

3) I frequently trade in games, I don't really care about trade in values, and I trade them towards said pre-orders anyway. I only buy new, so the circle of life when it comes to my games works out.

4) It's on the way home from my work anyway. Makes for a great ending to a work day when I can pick up my pre-order and shoot the shit about games for 20 mins.

• 2 weeks later...