Preparation for the game...

AlienDenzil85

I was watching the LA Noire-related videos on IGN and in one of them, the guys from Team Bondi say that they looked at 1940s newspapers and used real news stories as a basis for the cases in the game. I love history and so I've been reading up on the likes of the Black Dahlia case which I've read is featured, as well as a few other high profile cases from the time period.

I'm pretty excited now!

Yes, the anticipation has defintely got me in the mood to read up on some old cases. I enjoy physiological stuff, and this is the sort of stuff I can really get into, even if it is gruesome and taboo.

The Jack the Ripper case has always fascinated me. Black Dahlia case sounds really fucked up though. The Red Lipstick Murder case is another interesting one to read up on.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/14351/the-red-lipstick-murder-real-crime-stories-of-1947-los-angeles-t.html

Yes, the anticipation has defintely got me in the mood to read up on some old cases. I enjoy physiological stuff, and this is the sort of stuff I can really get into, even if it is gruesome and taboo.

The Jack the Ripper case has always fascinated me. Black Dahlia case sounds really fucked up though. The Red Lipstick Murder case is another interesting one to read up on.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/14351/the-red-lipstick-murder-real-crime-stories-of-1947-los-angeles-t.html

Thats a pretty creepy case too, I can't wait to see what else they've used in the game! Its such a shame that it releases in Europe next Friday, when the US will have it a week tomorrow!

Out of curiousity, what does it mean for a murder case to be over-rated? Who is rating these?

You didn't see America's Next Top Murders? I realise murder isn't something to joke about, but I was wondering the same, who would decide on the rating of a murder case?

Certainly the Black Dahlia case is high profile and so is perhaps better known than other unsolved cases, but I wouldn't say that means its over-rated.

I was watching the LA Noire-related videos on IGN and in one of them, the guys from Team Bondi say that they looked at 1940s newspapers and used real news stories as a basis for the cases in the game. I love history and so I've been reading up on the likes of the Black Dahlia case which I've read is featured, as well as a few other high profile cases from the time period.

I'm pretty excited now!

REALLY?! :D

I knew some history played a role in this game... but actual cases?!

twice as excited now!!

Out of curiousity, what does it mean for a murder case to be over-rated? Who is rating these?

What I mean is that too many people that I know(not on this site) are obsessed with this murder case. So my using of "over-rated" is my way of saying that its way too of a high profile of a case. Even if it was unsolved.