Is anyone going to make a guide?????

longdillon1

Hi all, this game has been out well over a month and there still isnt a guide out. Im kinda struggling with a couple of challenges and cannot figure out how to use all paint brushes or place all animals or the create favorite anumal? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Dillon

Edited by longdillon1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am thinking on putting together a guide soon. :)

I wrote a lot of one and gave up because I got bored, it's in the Guide Team thread. I'll assist you if you want, I have videos for some things. Send me a PM or something, cause the guide you put up right now doesnt have achievement tiles and you're gonna need a lot more room, since they take up plenty of space on their own.

I am not interested in expanding it any further. I've had problems getting guides published/listed here on X360A in the past (ESPECIALLY console guides :(), so I posted my Create guide mostly for the benefit of the people who check the forums (and it appears people do appreciate it and find it easy to use [LINK] :)). :3

I REALLY appreciate what you guys do here in the way of guides and walkthroughs (I mean that, I come here all the time for guides and boosting!), but it's a big hassle to go through writing a guide and following all of these meticulous formatting details, then messing up one tiny little thing and not being contacted when your guide is refused or turned down. It's not so bad when it's a small Arcade walkthrough because that's an easy fix or rewrite but console guides are another story altogether. I recently re-submitted my Monster Jam: POD guide after it was turned down 4 months ago and I haven't seen it posted yet. It's quite discouraging considering I spent many hours writing that thing and playing the game in all sorts of ways to get the best tips and advice (and the same applies for my Create guide). Again, I consider writing that guide as a favor for the X360A forum users.

If X360A wants to post the Create guide though, they can. :)

edit: I may go through and re-add the tiles though.

Edited by Drake O'Phile

• 2 weeks later...
I am not interested in expanding it any further. I've had problems getting guides published/listed here on X360A in the past (ESPECIALLY console guides :()' date=' so I posted my Create guide mostly for the benefit of the people who check the forums (and it appears people do appreciate it and find it easy to use [LINK] :)). :3

I REALLY appreciate what you guys do here in the way of guides and walkthroughs (I mean that, I come here all the time for guides and boosting!), but it's a big hassle to go through writing a guide and following all of these meticulous formatting details, then messing up one tiny little thing and not being contacted when your guide is refused or turned down. It's not so bad when it's a small Arcade walkthrough because that's an easy fix or rewrite but console guides are another story altogether. I recently re-submitted my Monster Jam: POD guide after it was turned down 4 months ago and I haven't seen it posted yet. It's quite discouraging considering I spent many hours writing that thing and playing the game in all sorts of ways to get the best tips and advice (and the same applies for my Create guide). Again, I consider writing that guide as a favor for the X360A forum users.

If X360A wants to post the Create guide though, they can. :)

edit: I may go through and re-add the tiles though.

Hey Drake - I sent you a PM so take a look at that. The reason we have all the requirements is because this is a professional site and we want to present a uniform look and feel across the board so that all the information is generally in the same format. Don't take it personally. I know it is a lot to take in and prep for the first couple of guides you write but it does get easier and it almost becomes second nature once you get into a routine.

As for the reason the guides sometimes take long to process, read THIS for some insight.

When I decide to write a guide, what I like to do is cut the tiles and descriptions from the main page, paste them into the forum, remove all the unnecessary stuff and do the skeleton formatting all at once (but not actually hit the submit button yet). Then I hit the switch editor button (top right corner), cut all the code out and paste it into Word. I will then add in all my road map and guide descriptions. Cancel out of your temporary thread, don't hit submit.

Once done with the guide, I'll make a new thread and use my road map as post number 1. Then create about 5-7 reserve posts and then use the "word count" option to get close to 8000 to 9000 characters and fill up my guide thread posts. That will leave you a little room to play with and still stay within the 10000 character limit per post. That's it, then just give it a once over and make sure everything is the way it should be.

You write a good guide and I'd like to encourage you to keep it up. Even though it may not feel like it sometimes the community and the site appreciate your hard work. I support anyone who writes guides for niche games.

Tyger7 is a wealth of information and I can help out if you have questions.

Edited by Scrapdaddy