November 16th 2012 - !!! Release Date !!!

theNomad

you think that people would know what a placeholder is by now....

^love it

Most all blockbuster games are released Mid October-Mid November...the game's release generates excitement, and those that can, buy the game immediately. The excitement continues because it's the new big thing, and it gets picked up as Christmas gifts.

...doesn't matter, still not buying it. I'll wait a few months, pick it up used, 100% it, and resell it via ebay.

I work manage a game store and of course we get little insider infos now and then. As of now... We have NO definate date for 4's release, no info on any other CE/Reach DLC..noting. Either it's still a suprise that no one knows about, reps can't tell, or it's just not set in stone.

I would say 11/16/12 would have the same odds of being true as anyone throwing out a TUESDAY date from end of August till New years day...

• 4 weeks later...
They won't go head-to-head with Call of Duty. That's nailing your own coffin. Halo 3, ODST and Reach had September releases, Halo 4 will more than likely see daylight during the month of September.

Why? Cod had gotten worse every year. Its getting to old now same shit every year. They need to change cod completely.

Tell that to the millions of squeakers that will be there come November.

just becuz it has sold more then halo doesnt mean its the best. when ppl hear like oh boy another cod game they rush up and pre order it and dont even think of what the game is about hell they might of bought it one day and sold it a week later but to me halo is the greatest game ever made so will see how well 343 does.

Not true Gears of War 2 Came out on a Friday and Guitar Hero likes to come out on Sundays

You mean the same Gears 2 that came out before the Tuesday release date was widespread? You mean the same Guitar Hero series that isn't made anymore? Shut up.

The only company that releases games on a day other than Tuesday is Nintendo, and they can get away with it.

You mean the same Gears 2 that came out before the Tuesday release date was widespread? You mean the same Guitar Hero series that isn't made anymore? Shut up.

The only company that releases games on a day other than Tuesday is Nintendo, and they can get away with it.

Assassin's Creed III is slated for Oct 31st...a Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...
They won't go head-to-head with Call of Duty. That's nailing your own coffin. Halo 3, ODST and Reach had September releases, Halo 4 will more than likely see daylight during the month of September.

This is the logic i'm going with, but 343 may have their own plans and business model.

Yeah, but Halo 1 & 2 (and CEA) were released in November, and Halo Wars had a March release...

I would say September as to not compete with MoH and CoD, but who knows for sure really. They'll reveal it when they feel like it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXNMxc22QFE&feature=g-u-u&context=G22f661eFUAAAAHgASAA]Halo 4 - Spartans & Multiplayer First Look Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

It says Holiday 2012 at the end of the video. Unless they don't know what the holiday season is that means November/December. It's definitely not September.