Ghost Recon Future Soldier - 100% Tactical Challenges Guide

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you in magnetics the whole time? In magnetics you can't tell whether an enemy is Bodark or if they're regular troops.

No, didn't use magnetics at all. It was weird because I'd literally throw an EMP right on them, they would lose their camo, I'd kill them and it wouldn't register on the tally. I'm sure it's some sort of glitch. I got the challenge so I'm not too worried about it but that was probably the most frustrating one of all of them.

Most, if not all of the challenges were fun to do except that one!

Mission 10 - "Gallant Thief" - Difficulty 5/5:

Mission 12 - "Shattered Mountain" - Difficulty 5/5:[/b]

1) Swamp Fox: On Elite difficulty, reach the swamp without being detected

Tactic: You reach the swamp after killing 5 of 7 HVTs and may not be detected a single time throughout the mission. There are lots of enemies to deafeat in a specific order. Follow the video from scratch and pay attention to the order in which the enemies are marked and from where I shoot and when I shoot! Sometimes if you shoot an enemy from an other direction their dead body can easily fall somewhere, where other enemies can see it. If you shoot too early or too late then another patrolling guard might see the kill. Marking the enemies in the correct order is important because some enemies cannot be shot by your teammates (e.g. the patrolling one behind the house where the first HVT is located).

(1:03 - 15:56)

[/left]

[/center]

I was wondering if you get detected can you restart at the last checkpoint or do you have to restart from the briefing?

Anyways, thanks OP. Videos are very helpful so far.

Edit

For the Mission 7, 40 neck breaker challenge: "At the end of the mission - after your extraction chopper has been shot down - an infinite amount of enemies will keep spawning."

That's not true cuz I'm at 35 and no more enemies are spawning. :(

Edited by fastNcurious

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks PowerPyx for this great guide. I'm well on my way to 100% on the challenges, thanks to you.

Mission 7 - No Safe Distance: Every time I shoot the 3 or 4 on the left-hand side, the far right of the three shooting through the windows always sees a dead body. Every. Time.

Edit: Finally! Not that time.

You need to shoot the guys on the left from a better spot so that the body drops behind the vehicle and isn't seen by the 3 at the front door of the safehouse. It is always the guy on the right of that group of 3 that sees the body. Best bet is to make sure that you and one of your squad shoot the two behind the truck from the right side of the short back retaining wall. that way the bodies fall to the left and are hidden buy the vehicle from the door guy.

I tried this challenge probably 10-12 times, but that same guy in front always saw the body behind the truck. I just couldn't get him to fall right.

So, out of sheer frustration, I tried it a slightly different way and got it on the first try:

1) pick off most in the recommended sequence, leaving the 4 on the left and 3 at the front left side window.

2) shoot the rear-most 2 on the left side wall (leaving the two right behind the truck).

3) shoot the 3 at the front window.

4) shoot the remaining 2 behind the truck.

I was as surprised as anyone that this worked, but the two behind the truck somehow never saw the three at the front window get dropped.

I think there's a measure of luck on the timing either way. But, for someone who is having the same frustration I was, it at least might be worth a shot.

Edited by Kojo62

Guys easy way to get 8 assault rifle kills in 30 secs equip your gun with a grenade launcher - yes it counts. You can use this in both missions when the challenge appears. In Tigers Dust when you have to secure the site around the flipped SUV unload your grenade launcher on the troop trucks that arrive. Time so you take each truck out as they offload troops. Each truck contains 4 people. In the second mission where the challenge appears you can get 8 kills with the grenade launcher at the end of the race for the control room in Deep Fire. There are plenty of bunched up enemies on the last catwalk and outside the control room.

This is a toughy but if you can get atleast seven headshots in the first sequence you should get it. This is the only time the game gives you time to carefully aim and line up your shots before you are moved along on rails. Take advantage of it. Take out the gunner first, the guy on the lower left, then the guy above him. Next take the two gunners out on the roof and the guy right below. If you have time take out another guy on the upper right. Next sequence don't try hitting moving targets wait till they stop. After this you should only need a couple of more and you get three more sequences to try. If you see the truck burst through the wall and the challenge hasn't popped restart the checkpoint quickly.

Thanks for the guide, there's just one thing I'd like to point out:

Mission 7 - "Ember Hunt" - Difficulty 4/5:

2) Neckbreaker: Kill 40 enemies by snapping their necks

Tactic: At the end of the mission - after your extraction chopper has been shot down - an infinite amount of enemies will keep spawning. You can farm all your missing kills here. Just stay in cover and let the enemies assault your position.

The enemies stop respawning after a certain period of time. After melee killing almost all of the reinforcements, they quit coming at around 30 kills. If you manage to get at least 20 or so melee kills before that part then you should be good. Otherwise, don't even waste your time with this part if you didn't get any melee kills prior.

Anybody have advice for scoring well on the Deep Fire mission?

I'm having trouble pushing my Ghost Squad score over 80%. I've already beat all the challenges there, so I'm now just going through it trying to get the score up, working towards "Good Enough For Government Work." But my best is only 77% after two Elite runs. Very frustrating.

What should I be focusing on to score higher?

EDIT: sorry, I just realized this question might be off-topic in this thread. If anyone still wants to give me some tips, I'll gladly take 'em! Otherwise, for anyone else also struggling with this problem, I found two other threads already discussing it: [1][2]

Edited by Kojo62

• 2 weeks later...

PowerPyx, thanks to you, and to everyone else who contributed, for this guide. I finally just 100%'ed Elite and all the challenges.

:woop:

I especially appreciate all the time & effort you put into your videos. I know how much work that is, so cheers to you.

:beer:

Edited by Kojo62

• 2 months later...

I'm sure you've gotten it by now, but this one was tough for me too. Deep Fire was the last mission I needed to unlock the 80% achievement.

Strategy: Headshots, your accuracy really helps I think. Silent Talon was another mission I had problems on until I started taking the enemy out with headshots and I ended up with a 92/100.

These videos are NOT MINE, but check them out for completing the tactical challenges:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZIadAIeuOQ]Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Cold Walker Tactical Challenges Walkthrough - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBUxya86fRY&feature=g-upl]Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Secure Dawn Tactical Challenges Walkthrough - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07YKXDraC_4&feature=channel&list=UL]Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Argent Thunder Tactical Challenges - YouTube[/ame]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...