December GwG

I have to disagree with you there mate it might have a slow start but I found it to be fun and a lot like the older point and click adventure games from back In the day.

I just finished episode 1 and got all the 12 achievements on the way. This game is slightly below average imo, the controls feel a little bit broken and there is an excessive (must add 'annoying') amount of unnecesary loading screens, not mentioning the fact that you'll have to get used to them because the game wants you to go from here to there back and forth just to gather clues and do unnecessary actions. I would buy the next episodes only if they get like in $1 dollar or so, just for the sake of completing this game.

I just finished episode 1 and got all the 12 achievements on the way. This game is slightly below average imo, the controls feel a little bit broken and there is an excessive (must add 'annoying') amount of unnecesary loading screens, not mentioning the fact that you'll have to get used to them because the game wants you to go from here to there back and forth just to gather clues and do unnecessary actions. I would buy the next episodes only if they get like in $1 dollar or so, just for the sake of completing this game.

Yeah the controls are on the clunky side the going from place to place to get clues.....That is really just down to how you play the game.....For me I check the entire area before I move on....

Also for people complain about this being only part of the game for free just like at the gamer score for the first ep......It is the same amount you get (or use to get) for any arcade game (full game). So on that front you can not really complain.

I downloaded and played the demo first, and it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either, so I figured I'd go ahead and download and play the "full" game. But I'm torn!

Now, I have $60 in free cash from Bing Rewards (with $5 coming every other week or so), so at the end of the day, the $20 isn't a huge deal, but, like I said, the game isn't great based on the demo, so that's really pricy for an Arcade title (50% off I'd go for), and out of principle, as the GwG, there should have been a sale on the other episodes (that's how it's been done before -- game for free and DLC/other games in the series on sale). But I can't help but notice that there's a Red Faction game on sale this week for Deals with Gold, after the previous title was the previous GwG. Is that how they're playing it now? Might we see the episodes on sale next week or the week after?

To buy or not to buy? Like I said, I'm torn!

I downloaded and played the demo first, and it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either, so I figured I'd go ahead and download and play the "full" game. But I'm torn!

Now, I have $60 in free cash from Bing Rewards (with $5 coming every other week or so), so at the end of the day, the $20 isn't a huge deal, but, like I said, the game isn't great based on the demo, so that's really pricy for an Arcade title (50% off I'd go for), and out of principle, as the GwG, there should have been a sale on the other episodes (that's how it's been done before -- game for free and DLC/other games in the series on sale). But I can't help but notice that there's a Red Faction game on sale this week for Deals with Gold, after the previous title was the previous GwG. Is that how they're playing it now? Might we see the episodes on sale next week or the week after?

To buy or not to buy? Like I said, I'm torn!

Let me put it for you this way it is more of an point and click game than what the walking dead is......Also the first ep from this game is also longer than the first ep of the walking dead game and you get more gamer score from completing the first ep as well.....Also you have to work for said gamer score as there are a few that you can miss were as in the walking dead game it does not matter what you do just as long as you complete the story....

I have to say this game is horrid. It may be just my xbox that is effing up, but the sound just has a constant hickup. I can live with the annoying clunky controls, but the sound is just making me pull out my hair (which I have none). Even if I turn off the music and effects, the dialogues still have hickups. Is this just me?

I have to say this game is horrid. It may be just my xbox that is effing up, but the sound just has a constant hickup. I can live with the annoying clunky controls, but the sound is just making me pull out my hair (which I have none). Even if I turn off the music and effects, the dialogues still have hickups. Is this just me?

The only issue I had with the game was that some time the faces would (the jaw most of the time) mess up and freak out.....But no sound issues when I played it.....

The only issue I had with the game was that some time the faces would (the jaw most of the time) mess up and freak out.....But no sound issues when I played it.....

after I rebooted the xbox the sound was better but the hickups were still there, only less frequent. I also encountered the freaking out jaw once.

after I rebooted the xbox the sound was better but the hickups were still there, only less frequent. I also encountered the freaking out jaw once.

It is sort of funny to see it in action........

On the whole this games first ep feels a lot longer than the walking dead first ep.....Not sure if it is because the walking dead move from place to place so fast or the lack of puzzles for the player to solve.....

How long does it take to get all of the achievements in the first episode following a walkrhrough?

It should not take to long but one of the achievements can be a bit of a pain to trigger.....But in this game you can save at any point and the walkthrough should warn you when that point in the game comes up.

But in this game you can save at any point and the walkthrough should warn you when that point in the game comes up.

Assuming the game actually saves when you do try to do so. Last night I played 3-4 hours, and the game refused to save, even with the one autosave point I came upon (the autosave is from before starting that 3-4 hours).

Assuming the game actually saves when you do try to do so. Last night I played 3-4 hours, and the game refused to save, even with the one autosave point I came upon (the autosave is from before starting that 3-4 hours).

I never had that problem....but then when a game lets me save I do so often......and I always have a few backups and I never save over a load I start from but I always save over an older save.....Very handy for when your playing open world RPG's.....

It's that the game doesn't recognize the saves (I looked, and they were there on my HDD, but the game wasn't seeing them). Doesn't matter if you save every five minutes.... if the game isn't going to recognize them, it's no different than if you didn't save at all.

Oh well.... I "completed" the story given, and just don't care enough to make up however much of the 10 hours needed for Xbox Live Rewards' $1 for playing I am short (especially with tonight's DDoSs). I was content with looking up all that was left open.

The least they could have done was actually complete the story of the first episode in the first episode. Glad I didn't shell out money for this game, as that's just unacceptable.

It's that the game doesn't recognize the saves (I looked, and they were there on my HDD, but the game wasn't seeing them). Doesn't matter if you save every five minutes.... if the game isn't going to recognize them, it's no different than if you didn't save at all.

Oh well.... I "completed" the story given, and just don't care enough to make up however much of the 10 hours needed for Xbox Live Rewards' $1 for playing I am short (especially with tonight's DDoSs). I was content with looking up all that was left open.

The least they could have done was actually complete the story of the first episode in the first episode. Glad I didn't shell out money for this game, as that's just unacceptable.

Anyway, 10 hours is the time when you'll be completing the first episode, a lot of backtracking makes it annoying as fuck and the game saves are broken.

Anyway, 10 hours is the time when you'll be completing the first episode, a lot of backtracking makes it annoying as fuck and the game saves are broken.

There is not that much backtracking in this game if you look at all the stuff and pick u all that you can. Which again to be honest with you there are not that many items in this game to pick up and interact with...

I'm having the same problem and played Episode 1 in one go. Thank God the game didn't freezer until I checked the unlocked material.

EDIT: Episodes 2&3 didn't have that problem, I was able to save and load like you'd expect.

Edited by TriRock

...I realize the GwG offers are "complete" games but MSoft KNOWS thousands of people like to complete, or max out gamerscore on games...and I truly believe that this is why they have been giving away games that have several paid-for DLC's.

Think about this too...how many people who are "completionists"...DO NOT have XBL Gold accounts? I would say very very very few. So MSoft gives out games that have lots of paid-for DLC knowing full well that people will buy the DLC to 'complete' the.

In giving out an episodic release's base chapter...but charging you for the rest...they have essentially done the same thing as an episodic release (at its core). Example,...you play and finish episode 1...and have to buy the rest to finish the story. If you are given a free 'complete' game but have to buy the DLC's to technically complete it...then its is merely semantics in the eyes of MSoft.

^^ This guy... this guy gets it... ^^ The entire gaming industry is a money making machine just like every other successful business in history. Point being, they don't even have to give us free stuff but they do and when they do, almost always there will be a way for you to end up spending money. But when the free stuff is offered, what is the majority response to the free stuff they give? Hatred and whining on message boards across the world. Look, if you don't want to free stuff, don't take it. That's cool. But leave the pissing and moaning alone.

^^ This guy... this guy gets it... ^^ The entire gaming industry is a money making machine just like every other successful business in history. Point being, they don't even have to give us free stuff but they do and when they do, almost always there will be a way for you to end up spending money. But when the free stuff is offered, what is the majority response to the free stuff they give? Hatred and whining on message boards across the world. Look, if you don't want to free stuff, don't take it. That's cool. But leave the pissing and moaning alone.

Indeed.....I mean it is hard to GWG a game that in a way is not a full game from the get go....I mean just look at the past four Telltale games.....I mean all of them are episode based......the episodes come out a few months at a time.....

So you could view it one of two ways either the first Episode is the entry point/main part of the game and the following episodes are DLC.....Or the entire game from Episode 1-5 (most have five episodes) is just that one solid game.....

But either way you look at it the only way to get all the episodes at once is to get the game on DVD......or MS or telltale games change how the game is set up after all the episodes are out (by making it a buy episode 1-5 and download them as one whole).

Indeed.....I mean it is hard to GWG a game that in a way is not a full game from the get go....I mean just look at the past four Telltale games.....I mean all of them are episode based......the episodes come out a few months at a time.....

So you could view it one of two ways either the first Episode is the entry point/main part of the game and the following episodes are DLC.....Or the entire game from Episode 1-5 (most have five episodes) is just that one solid game.....

But either way you look at it the only way to get all the episodes at once is to get the game on DVD......or MS or telltale games change how the game is set up after all the episodes are out (by making it a buy episode 1-5 and download them as one whole).

Yeah, I got the first episodes of both TWD and Wolf Among Us for free when they were giving them away with the full expectation of playing just the free episodes for the ach points. Fast forward to now, I've played both full seasons of TWD on the 360 and the X1 and the entire first season of Wolf on the 360. That's how they bait you in. And make no mistake, the games were awesome. I had no issues paying for them. Plus, if you consider all 5 episodes of a season a full game, you can get the season pass for $15. Which is considerably less than any other full game.

Yeah, I got the first episodes of both TWD and Wolf Among Us for free when they were giving them away with the full expectation of playing just the free episodes for the ach points. Fast forward to now, I've played both full seasons of TWD on the 360 and the X1 and the entire first season of Wolf on the 360. That's how they bait you in. And make no mistake, the games were awesome. I had no issues paying for them. Plus, if you consider all 5 episodes of a season a full game, you can get the season pass for $15. Which is considerably less than any other full game.

Yeah with the first eps being free it is not a bad price to pick them up.....Plus you do not have to get them all at once and you can take your time....

• 2 weeks later...

Was that aimed at me?Since he was responding to me, it seems that way.Did you not see my rebuttals?I pretty much echoed the same sentiments.What's the problem? Well anyways, people have a right to complain.Doesn't mean they are always right, but it's their prerogative.

How many complaints do you see about the DwG's offering "sucky" games?People wanting retail games that came this year or those that say enough with the indie "crap"?

Well, you wont hear that from me! Do you know how many games I've gotten from MS for free? EVERY LAST ONE... I've picked up them all!Every game they've put up for the 360 and One, I've downloaded. Even the ones I already own.

Nobodies ungrateful.However you want to argue the semantics, we are all pretty much saying the same thing.I just think it was a poor choice for a GwG game.

As a DoTW, this would have been great.The other 2 Epps, are $2.50 a pop on sale so I may pick them up.If you never make your voice known, would anything change?