Light Saber

Corrupt.

• 5 months later...

lol iv had a kinect since pretty much release,i think iv played 2 games that iv actually had fun with, dance central and kinect sports oh and kinect adventure, these have all been at friends houses while under the infulence of vast amount of beer, i have also owned UFC trainer and EA sports active, for personal use and i rushed out to buy the gunstringer as i thought this was amazing as an idea, now surely you as well as i know, the sensor isnt always that accurate, most peoples houses dont have huge rooms to take full advantage etc.

so when they announced this game 2 things must of struck in your heads 1 its a starwars GAME , 2 its a kinect game, whats my point you may ask....

well how did you expect it to go, moving around areas is where the kinect feels most with the majority of games making you do awkward lunges or bumping into things (yes kung fu high impact my finger points at you) so your never gonna get a full fluid motion lightsabre duel via kinect, with hand positions etc also the kinect doesnt really pick up peripherals , onto the next part if you played joyride you will know that driving doesnt really work too well down to accuracy, so pod racing could be messy, dancing i about the only game that works well via kinect but dancing in a starwars game doesnt really cut it for me....

i think the problem here is the majority of starwars fans are in there mid 20s and above, and as much as we want a hardcore starwars game this is aimed more than kids really, its not gonna stop me buying it, n il prob play for a couple hours n get bored n never play it again but im expecting that not some AAA title. so i think thats where your disappointments gonna lie, just take it for what it is rather than what you hope its gonna be

lol iv had a kinect since pretty much release,i think iv played 2 games that iv actually had fun with, dance central and kinect sports oh and kinect adventure, these have all been at friends houses while under the infulence of vast amount of beer, i have also owned UFC trainer and EA sports active, for personal use and i rushed out to buy the gunstringer as i thought this was amazing as an idea, now surely you as well as i know, the sensor isnt always that accurate, most peoples houses dont have huge rooms to take full advantage etc.

so when they announced this game 2 things must of struck in your heads 1 its a starwars GAME , 2 its a kinect game, whats my point you may ask....

well how did you expect it to go, moving around areas is where the kinect feels most with the majority of games making you do awkward lunges or bumping into things (yes kung fu high impact my finger points at you) so your never gonna get a full fluid motion lightsabre duel via kinect, with hand positions etc also the kinect doesnt really pick up peripherals , onto the next part if you played joyride you will know that driving doesnt really work too well down to accuracy, so pod racing could be messy, dancing i about the only game that works well via kinect but dancing in a starwars game doesnt really cut it for me....

i think the problem here is the majority of starwars fans are in there mid 20s and above, and as much as we want a hardcore starwars game this is aimed more than kids really, its not gonna stop me buying it, n il prob play for a couple hours n get bored n never play it again but im expecting that not some AAA title. so i think thats where your disappointments gonna lie, just take it for what it is rather than what you hope its gonna be

I totally agree, it seemed as if this game was geared towards younger gamers.

if you guys remember, MS said kinect would work with 6' or more. i have 6-8' in front & about 4' to each side. i've had no space issues with any kinect games. i own over 25 titles & enjoy them all. among my favs are;zumba:rush for fitness, gunstringer, rise of nightmares, winter stars, adventures, KS1, disneyland, powerup heroes & many more. the device works great. its upto the devs to put out top notch games.

now as for starwars. i'll be posting my usual review after i play all ellenents of the game. i've seen youtube vids & know people who have it. story looks great. mini games should be a blast! mater of fact. only complaint i've heard. is you're forced to defend until your meter builds up to attack in duels. no online play either. other than those 2 things, it rocks! so i'm pumped for tuesday. no midnight launches here though. man i feel like i'm 10 yrs old again. waiting in line for first showing of episode4. man i just want today to go by fast!

• 3 months later...

Finally a game worthy of the Kinect hardware!

Fantastic game...the only Kinect Sensor problems I have experienced is my lack of fitness in being able to move properly in front of it sometimes lol

To be honest I think there will be many people out there who say Kinect doesn't work for them who are just plain doing it wrong and either can't or won't admit that ;) lol......I qualify this by thinking that the dancing wasn't picking me up properly and thought it didn't work very well even though I was convinced I was doing it perfect...then my wife steps up and aces every move...just shows :)

Seriously though, really great title, hope this opens the flood gates for many more 'big name' releases :)

• 7 years later...

I should've commented on this thread a LONG TIME AGO... since I got the Star Wars Xbox 360 console (R2-D2 finish, with C-3PO controller and Kinect sensor), and I played the demo-version of Kinect Star Wars.

The next day (after playing the game for about 45 minutes the day before)... I was SO SORE! My shoulder was absolutely KILLING ME!!! When the console recommends you take a break... they know what they're talking about.

I really enjoyed the game, but I was so worried I was going to need to go see a doctor about my shoulder (and I was/am in good physical condition - no athlete, but fit). I haven't played that game since that time with just the demo... but I still have my SW Xbox 360 console!

Anyway... I was just perusing the Kinect games and was curious what was ever said about THIS game. I'm thinking of trying the demo again, but not play it as hard (or as long - especially since I'm over 50 now)! :eek: