What do you think of gamestop

Ot4ku99

I don't really have any problems with my local Gamestop, every time I go in there, the employees are very friendly and willing to chat about whatever upcoming games we're all excited about. I have traded in some games there before, and was pretty dissatisfied with the prices they were giving, but it seems like if you wait until they do one of their 50% bonus trade in value weeks, you might be able to soften that a little. The main reason I shop there is for the preorders, though, as the Gamestop near me is pretty big and they do midnight releases for most of the big new games. Also, you can sometimes find some good deals on preowned games that are hard to find anywhere else :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stores the staff are bland and lifeless and don't know much then other locations are really cool and they know their stuff. Happens in every chain of any kind.

I dig their deals of the day...every once in a while a good games goes cheap. So far have picked up Nier and Morphx and only spent $15. Can't be asking for much, if they're awful ....

...well I've bought beers that were worse.

If I don't like their prices then well in Toronto there's about a bazillion other stores that do the same thing...no shortage of options. But GS' website at least has an inventory checker.

Edited by Opiate42

Gamestop in germany is ugly too. Everytime i aks for the release of a game i got the question about pre order. NO! I don't wanna f****** pre order, i want the release date! Then the info: I don't know, i don't know nothing about cut's and i don't know my f******* name, oh, i look for PS3!?!?!, oh it's coming in the next few month...O_o

Then the used games with prices beyond Internet/Media Markt/Saturn or another market. 40 Euro!!! for a used Civilisation? 30 Euro!!! for a used Splinter Cell Double Agent!!!

And the workers: Lame, aggressiv, stupid.

Never buy anything again in this bunch of crap! :mad:

Leipzig,ALee Center?

Gera?

Plauen?

I know that GameStop (the Managers and all the other Higher Ups) is not that good-Why? I work for them.

But every once in a while there is a Store wher you get service, the employes are nice, know there stuff, dont give a fuck about generating presells, give discounts and would gladly kick some fat bosses ass.

I, like Asterix, do everything i can to fight against the american-gamestop-legion

Btw, the trade-in rapes-

If you trade youre COD7 or Fable 3 or any other 60-70 € Game i will give you up to 42€, if you want youre money-sell it yourself on ebay- i still need to eat.

I really have to admit thoo that there are lots of idiots working for gamestop, i dont like many of my co-workers myself, aaaaand most of the buisiness decisions are nothing more than a pile of rotting zombie bull crap.

I just dont like reading that i am fat, lazy,stupid or what else you and you other (maybe 75%) rightfull haters are calling me.

Wenn du in Deutschland nach der Tiefpreisgarantie fragst solltest du die games zum saturnpreis bekommen, wir machen das wieder.

Gamestop is not good. The one game store I truly liked was Game Crazy but that went out of business due to Movie Gallery's dumb mistakes. Game Crazy gave more for used games, and sold them for less. Their midnight launches were amazing too. Gamestop's are a pain in the ***. Plus, half the people who work there don't even know what video games are.

I tend not to go through gamestop, only for the fact that I think their pricing on used games is way to high for me. I mostly go either ebay or half.com. The only thing is waiting for the game to be delivered. Other than that, Gamestop has it place, whenever I need that quick fix.

I like my local Gamestop...i already know everyone that works there so when i go i always have fun talking to the employees.

I mostly buy used games so i'm happy with what i've bought. I have traded in some games and that is not something i will do anymore thou.

I LOVE my local gamestop, just the other night Bulletstorm midnight release, i wasnt gonna be able to get there till 12:40. Called ahead and they were like we will wait for ya. Got there and the doors were locked, knocked and they let me right in and said "welcome to the private party". Got my game, they even put $5 bucks down on Gears 3 for free!(promo they were doing)

I buy all my games from them, the worst thing about gamestop is waiting inline for midnight releases when a hundred yards away people are walking into walmart and getting it 30 minutes before me. Other than that, the people at my gamestop go over the top to help you out and let you know of any good deals coming up.

Not a fan of Gamestop. I feel they over charge for used games and i have never had a nice person help me. I mean working there you know what your customers are there for no reason to act like a prick. I use a local place called Last Stop CD Shop. Great prices and very down to earth guys. For pre ordering games i will use Gamestop just cause there is no other option where i live other than wal-mart and they dont get the cool stuff.

My local Gamestop is pretty good, the guys there know what they're talking about and don't try to push shitty games to make a quick buck. In other places I've lived, I've wondered if they're really even gamers. Overall, I'd say Gamestop is hit or miss. I've never really traded any games back with them, though, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I haven't had a problem at my Gamestop. I don't know if I shoot them a look or something, but they never try to push magazine subscriptions or pre orders down my throat. I would never buy a new game there, since they are opened, but nothing beats their buy two get one free sales they have. Especially since I came into the 360 late, so I have missed alot of games. Cheapest way to fill out a back catalog.