Quick question, any reason to reach Vocation Level 9?

Taiyz

So my main pawn is a Fighter that I'm going to turn into a Mystic Knight, but I want to unlock all the Augments before changing their vocation.

Fighters actually have all their Augments by Vocation Level 8, one level before the max...Is there any reason to keep my pawn as a Fighter until Vocation Level 9? Only Augments carry over to other vocations, to my knowledge.

Wow... I just had a really bad experience switching from "Mage" to "Sorcerer".

My "Mage" is almost at the 9th level.

I swapped and all of a sudden I couldn't even use my staff anymore. I had the High Fireball Spell and Miasma and that was it.

I'd gone from having a huge arsenal to suddenly possessing 1 offensive spell.

Fortunately you can change back to your old vocation for nothing.

Make sure you've got a lot of experience points stored if you're at a high level and thinking of swapping.

Az

Two things:

1.) I'm fairly certain you can't make your main Pawn a hybrid class.

2.) The reason you only had one offensive spell was because your sorcerer level was 1. You need to plow through the levels to get more spells.

He switched to an advanced class, not a hybrid class.

At what point are you able to change your vocation?

I wanted to be a Sorcerer and the quests I'm doing now are going to get me killed at level 1!

Az

You can't just take on all quests at low levels you need to level up first or come back to it later on when you have better equipment, skills, pawns etc..

Actually this is turning out to not be such a bad thing.

Because I have almost maxed out my Mage I have all the passive skills.

While I may lose some of my active spells all the passive abilities I've picked up as a Mage will stay with me as a Sorcerer.

Overall I'm enjoying the experience.

The learning curve isn't steep or brutal... it's just long and sometimes frustrating but only because more recent games give you so much straight away that you take it for granted.

One thing that winds me up is the "Way Of The Samurai: 3" day/night and time sensative nature of some of the quests.

If you don't realise it you'll waste time looking for something or someone you'll never find until the right "hour".

Az