What the best way to take out bunkers?

I'm late into the 3rd campaign and having some trouble with them. they have big fields of fire so it's hard for infantry to sneak up on them and tanks don't seem to do much either? i don't have a bomber or artillery. That's one bad thing about this game, sometimes you don't have enough prestige to buy the units you need for a mission since you don't know what you need until you see what's on the map.

I hear there's a great manual (wow that's truly a dying feature) but i'm gameflying this.

thanks !

I didnt purchase most of the unit types as they were not needed for the completion. From what I have acquired, the commando's hand grenade was the most useful, but still required quite a few to destroy. Bazooka and airplanes were useless.

I found that it is better simply either to go around their vision cone, or if its a must, then run through it quickly, crouched.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tanks actually work quite well against bunkers. The enemies in bunkers don't have rockets, so you don't have to worry about your tanks being destroyed if its in the bunkers field of vision. In order to destroy a bunker with a tank, you need to hit it dead center. It may take a few shots, and you may need to reposition you tank to line the shot perfectly, but it works.