General RE.net Events Thread

Veedrock

Because not every event is not worth its own thread, I figured there should be a collective thread for them. Hopefully this thread will raise awareness and get more people interested! Use this thread to discuss events, strategy, team up, or even compete against each other.

Current Event:

Chasing Shadows EX3 Event

05.31.2013 - 06.06.2013

It's about time we sent that phantom on its way. The rest is up to you.

How to participate

Users who have acquired at least one of the target medals during the event.

(Please also check the general participation notes below)

Rule details

-7,000 medals earned across all players

-The medals valid for this event are as follows:

Avenged your fallen comrades (Chris Chapter 3-3)

(Other medals or enemy kills are not used for this event)

-No difficulty setting limits.

-No single / multiplayer limits.

Upcoming Event(s):

[spoiler=11245z]TBA

Visit the RE.net FAQ is you have any general questions.

Edited by Veedrock

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cathedral of Truth

01.11.2013 - 01.17.2013

Aim for the fastest time in chapter 2 of Leon's scenario! Nothing will be revealed unless you make it to the cathedral...at least it's hard to miss.

How to participate

Players who beat their personal highscore during the event period

Rule details

- Speedrun for the lowest time in Leon chapter 2

- No difficulty setting limits.

- No single / multiplayer limits.

- Chapter clear time is taken from the RECORDS menu

- In the event of a tie down to the closest hundredth of a second, the player with the highest number of [Zombie] kills wins.

I'm a fan of speedrunning so I took special interest to Cathedral of Truth, doing a moderately paced run a bit ago. Clocked in at 43:08. Lots of room for improvement though, doesn't help that I did it with an AI either :p

After I finalize the route I'll be looking for a partner to really optimize it, so if you're interested just post below! I only ask that you have infinite ammo of some kind because it's sooo useful.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's times.

EDIT: New time of 35:03 now. Pretty good run, especially the boss fight, but it could still be improved because the AI was slow and I had some issues with the bells. Still looking for a partner to trim this more.

EDIT 2: Holy crap, just had what I thought was a terrible run as Helena and still beat my previous time with 34:20. Leon drags his ass more than Helena, I got trolled during the Lepotitsa fight and even died during the minecart section (granted it was right after a checkpoint, so I didn't have to redo anything), but despite that I somehow beat my previous time. I originally thought playing as Helena would save some time because she can get a head start on the Cathedral and lever puzzles, but I think you end up losing more time in the Ada crossover.

EDIT 3: Alright, last edit/run until I get a partner. Did another run as Leon, very few mistakes and timed in at 32:29! This would be very hard to beat with an AI so I'm not going to bother, but still if anybody wants to tackle this co-op let me know.

Edited by Veedrock

I would be up for teaming up with people for this, however I haven't yet finished Ada's campaign, so I'm without Infinite ammo (you DO need to finish all four, right?).

I played this chapter quite casually the other night, with quite a few mistakes and I came in at 51 minutes, so I'm amazed at how quick it can be done judging by your time Veedrock, and the other times on the RE.NET leaderboards...

So I will try a bit later tonight to see what I can do to shave off those precious minutes and seconds. Any tips?

Good times, by the way! :)

Those previous practice runs paid off, I just clocked 26'10 by teaming up with one of the top 3 on the leaderboard (his best being 24'04). Damn near flawless run, he said the only way to cut off significant time would be to play split-screen. I'm plenty satisfied with this time though :D

I'm still game to help out though, even without infinite ammo and such. I'm thinking that Top 100 will be a little more competitive come the next leaderboard update, but Top 1000 still isn't hard to accomplish.

Edited by Veedrock

26 minutes is crazy! Wow. Well done!

I'd be happy with top 100, I'm currently 901! :/

I'd begrateful if you wouldn't mind running through one with me, I'm sure I won't be good enough to get those crazy times, but better than what I'm doing now!

My GT is A Taste Of Zen if anyone wants to go for a run. :)

I was actually wondering this too. Do you need to complete Ada's as well or is Leon/Chris/Jake enough for that?

I'm sure that it's all four...

I've been playing the whole game co-op with a buddy, so only really playing the story when we can both get on. I've only got two more chapters to go but I'd feel bad if I did them solo after all this time!

Even without Infi Ammo I'm slowly getting better in terms of time. My latest solo run (Helena) is 37 minutes. Still not great compared to the scores I'm seeing, but getting there.

Doing this Co-op will DEFINITELY improve your time. The both of you knowing what to do will make a whole lot of difference.

With the most recent leaderboard update, I'm 22nd when you take out the two obvious cheats. Other times seem suspicious but could be possible. I'm probably drop a bit over the next few days but I doubt I leave Top 100.

I'd begrateful if you wouldn't mind running through one with me, I'm sure I won't be good enough to get those crazy times, but better than what I'm doing now!

Gladly. Top 100 has gotten a fair bit competitive (low 29 minutes), but if you're determined to get there I'll do my damnedest to help you. :) Otherwise Top 1000 is the next prize tier, which is easy enough to accomplish.

Daft question maybe, but I've still not been given a token for the last event, despite clearing Leons campaign during the time frame set.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Unfortunately I'm not finding anything about this, they don't have any apparent support for issues like this.

Edited by Veedrock

I'm sure that it's all four...

I've been playing the whole game co-op with a buddy, so only really playing the story when we can both get on. I've only got two more chapters to go but I'd feel bad if I did them solo after all this time!

Even without Infi Ammo I'm slowly getting better in terms of time. My latest solo run (Helena) is 37 minutes. Still not great compared to the scores I'm seeing, but getting there.

Doing this Co-op will DEFINITELY improve your time. The both of you knowing what to do will make a whole lot of difference.

Well, confirmed, as I didn't get it until I beat Ada's.

In any case, I don't have a co-op partner, so I played the whole game solo.

As Helena (solo) I got to 40 minutes. The biggest problems are the Leon AI. Even though it's competent, it's slow and sometimes stops to attack enemies when it should be just running to where I want it. For instance, when carrying Deb on your back. I'm always dashing everywhere and Leon's all "NAH GONNA TAKE MY SWEET TIME".

Too bad this wasn't broken into categories (different points based on Solo and Co-op).

Well, confirmed, as I didn't get it until I beat Ada's.

In any case, I don't have a co-op partner, so I played the whole game solo.

As Helena (solo) I got to 40 minutes. The biggest problems are the Leon AI. Even though it's competent, it's slow and sometimes stops to attack enemies when it should be just running to where I want it. For instance, when carrying Deb on your back. I'm always dashing everywhere and Leon's all "NAH GONNA TAKE MY SWEET TIME".

Too bad this wasn't broken into categories (different points based on Solo and Co-op).

Yeah, playing as Helena is definitely slower than playing as Leon because of that section specifically. As for categories, it's good in theory but then people can take multiple leaderboard spots and get a ton of RE Points, which isn't entirely fair.

Also if you ever need a co-op partner for an event just shoot me a message, I'm happy to play :D Laufujai and I got a low 29 minutes after two games. Alternatively, you could just do a co-op search under the "Here for events" criteria, that's how I got paired up with the guy I scored 26 minutes with. You don't even need a mic, just practice the route beforehand.

Next event starts tomorrow, in roughtly 17 hours to be exact. Time to practice Onslaught!

Next event starts tomorrow, in roughtly 17 hours to be exact. Time to practice Onslaught!

I'm gonna be working mostly through the Onslaught event, but I wouldn't mind at least registering on it!

If anyone is interested in setting up a few matches, let me know.

Look for me online (A Taste Of Zen) and let's get a few games going! :)

Veedrock, I hope to see you on there, sir! :)

Also, they've added a few more upcoming events on RE.NET including another EX3 costume unlock... Looking forward to them, these events have me hooked! :D

OP Updated, everyone check it out.

Delivering Disaster

01.18.2013 - 01.19.2013

Send as many creatures over to your opponent's side during Onslaught matches as you can! Top scorers win a suitable prize!

How to participate

Players who send at least one creature to an opponent during the event period

Rule details

- Send as many creatures as possible during Onslaught matches during the event period

- Any character may be used

- No stage limits

- No difficulty setting limits.

- In the event of a tie, the player with the lowest number of creatures received wins

If anyone is interested in setting up a few matches, let me know.

Look for me online (A Taste Of Zen) and let's get a few games going! :)

Veedrock, I hope to see you on there, sir! :)

Definitely! Same to everyone else, if you see me on and want to run some friendly Onslaught, hit me up.

Also, they've added a few more upcoming events on RE.NET including another EX3 costume unlock... Looking forward to them, these events have me hooked! :D

Holy crap, 4 more events announced?! Although we only have solid info on 2 of them :p I'm actually intrigued by the EX3 Event since it'll involve killing a large amount of them giant BOWs, and the Knife Event because on top of it being another Team Event, I've never used the knife in this game (straight Melee seems infinitely superior).

Edited by Veedrock

Holy crap, 4 more events announced?! Although we only have solid info on 2 of them :p I'm actually intrigued by the EX3 Event since it'll involve killing a large amount of them giant BOWs, and the Knife Event because on top of it being another Team Event, I've never used the knife in this game (straight Melee seems infinitely superior).

I know, well, as always, I'll be around to hook up for a few games if we're on at the same time. Hardly got to play Onslaught, came in at around #2000 with just over 2000 kills, how the guys at the top get their scores is crazy, they're machines! :)

Looking forward to the other events!

Also, I know it's the wrong thread but if anyone here wants to hook up and play for the DLC achievements, let me know!

It didn't occur to me that the event was so short, I hardly got any games in (only 900 enemies sent). And now the next event is due tomorrow and is only 24 hours as well, huh. I kind of prefer events being longer than these ones.

I don't think I've even played Rail Yard yet, so setting a mark for this event will be as easy as finishing a game :p I'm not a top scorer by any means in the mode, so idk how high I could even get on the leaderboard. I also just noticed it's Solo only, which only makes matters worse for me.

Edited by Veedrock

Completely random, but has anyone checked RE.NET lately and looked at the score for the Onslaught event, Delivering Disaster?

It's saying that there were only 8 participants and my score isn't one of them... Which is a shame, as going by the scores on there now, I'd be in second place! Haha!

I was definitely on there earlier in the week as I wanted to check where I had placed.

Anyone else have this issue or are able to check? It's no biggie, but just curious....?

Got this email today about Delivering Disaster, the event broke so they had to "cancel" it and plan to hold it again sometime later. However as a consolation, every participant is getting 10,000 RE Points.

The "Delivering Disaster" event rankings could not be processed due to a system error.

Values necessary for calculating the results for the new Extra Mode DLC were not taken into account,

and as a result we have had to cancel this event.

We will be addressing this issue as follows:

1. The "Delivering Disaster" event will be held again at a later date

2. All users who participated in the event on January 18th and 19th will be awarded 10,000 RE Points

RE.NET sincerely apologizes to all event participants.

In other news, RE Points have been distributed for Cathedral of Truth.

Assuming the leaderboard is correct, the Rail Yard Dominator event only had 600 participants. I was pressed for time that day so I only scored like 30,000 points in a short game just to get on the board and I'm nearly in last place at rank 559 :p Wish I'd tried a little harder knowing that, but I wouldn't have broken Top 100 anyways so it's no big deal.

Unarmed Warrior is still a few days off. I'm not really sure how much I'll try on this tbh, it's another long event but unlike Merc score or speedrun events, it's simply cumulative. It's more about time invested than improving a score and I know I can't (nor do I want to) invest as much time as those leaderboard junkies. On top of that, it's not a very specific criteria so there'll be a lot of participants, as many will score inadvertently, so I won't even be able to outscore regular players. All of that means that I'll just score what comes naturally (which won't be much), not even gonna try for a higher leaderboard spot.

Edited by Veedrock

I was upset about the Rail Yard one because I didn't realize it was coming/so short. I'd have been on that. Oh well.

Yeah I nearly missed it myself, was about to go to bed because I had to work that night, figured I'd check this thread for posts first and saw it was active. That's why my score was so low, I basically just let the clock run out.

Anyhow, I looked at the event page for Neutralize the Threat to see if maybe they updated the rules (they haven't), then I noticed that in the Participation Prize section it says:

If the 30,000 target is not met, the base and contribution rewards are halved.

Looks like all we have to do is kill 30,000 of those giant BOWs. Doesn't sound too hard on the surface, but since they only appear in a cross-over chapter the kills may not rack up too quickly.

Looks like all we have to do is kill 30,000 of those giant BOWs. Doesn't sound too hard on the surface, but since they only appear in a cross-over chapter the kills may not rack up too quickly.

Looks like the new chapter/segment select will come in handy. :)

Also, was on the chapter where you fight the Ogroman whilst going through my pro run with Jake and killed one straight out with the Magnum, without having to jump on it and deal with the QTEs etc... So I guess I'll be spamming that technique for the week it's on. :)

Though I have a feeling that once we've earned all these EX3 costumes Capcom will release them as DLC....

Looks like the new chapter/segment select will come in handy. :)

Also, was on the chapter where you fight the Ogroman whilst going through my pro run with Jake and killed one straight out with the Magnum, without having to jump on it and deal with the QTEs etc... So I guess I'll be spamming that technique for the week it's on. :)

Though I have a feeling that once we've earned all these EX3 costumes Capcom will release them as DLC....

Well that's good info to know (about the Magnum).

As for 'DLC', that doesn't make much sense since they're free. I imagine more likely they'll just put them up for points or pull an Ada's Campaign/Agent Hunt and just unlock them for everyone, making the hard work for nothing other than a community experience and having them early.

Looks like Revelations will have RE.net support. From the home page:

Pre-release signup campaign available now!

RE.NET is thrilled to announce support for Resident Evil Revelations! Sign up today to receive the Chris & Jill diorama figure!(A CAPCOM Account is necessary to take advantage of the campaign, Twitter and Facebook accounts cannot be used)

Register for the campaign.

So am I supposed to believe someone actually has 2,147,483,647 melee kills after one day? I think not.

Unless they found some fancy-ass technique that nobody else in the world knows. That's depressing. Only the first day and that kind of crap?

On that note, I did the Revelations thing immediately, and I am excited to take part in this event, just haven't gotten to it yet.