The Official Bitching Thread

Crimson Ridley

Every game has one to avoid clutter, so if you have an issue with anything about the game, feel free to post it in here.

Please refrain from using open spoilers about the campaigns, and instead use the correct tags. We don't want people bitching about YOU.

Please remember that the opinions of others are just that, and should be respected as such. Don't come in and slate a person because they don't like something that you do.

Go nuts!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid QTE's and constant button mashing is just not called for. The puzzles are weak and too easy to solve. Only Leon's campaign stays true to the franchise and finding people online that aren't idiots to play mercenaries with is impossible unless playing with friends.

Also making be my single player exclusive skills is a waste of my skill points

Other than that the game is fantastic but needs more Merc maps

The Save-System is bad and the Way the Story is build up is all over the Place.

Also you sometimes got downed so often by cheap enemies that this pisses me off, also the QTE and Stick waggling is annoying, i can see some casual Gamer quitting the Game because of failing one of the Waggles.

I can't remember if you had to do this in RE5, but having to equip your First Aid Sprays to use them is a little awkward. I spent ages trying to equip them, before checking the online manual to find that I had to press up on the d-pad and use it from there. That inventory is deceiving. :p

the more i play this the more dissapointed i become! stupid save system (gone are the typewriters) no mini map dumb QTE and i could go on! im not saying its a bad game but its not classic RE! dont care that ppl say it has to evolve to survive,IT DOESNT! the old formula worked well and this game would be just as big if theyd stuck to the old ways! plz plz bring back RE the way it was no more of this glossy arcadey shite

I don't mind the QTE's so much, it's the bad enemy AI and even worse, the dreadful inventory system that really piss me off.

I'm sick and tired of having to delete ammo/nades/whatever just so I can pick up a herb and combine it. The inventory system in the original Resident Evil (from 1996!) was better than this shit.

There was a time that I would've considered myself to be one of Resi's biggest fans, but RE6 is poor. Some of the best stuff I've seen in a Resi game is in RE6, but so is some of the worst.

It's sad, a new Resi game used to be an massive event, but nowadays a new Resi doesn't seem to mean much at all. This game could and most probably should have been so much better.

I dislike anything related to the inventory system. Sometimes it feels like I can carry too much; grenades, bombs, 3 or 4 different weapons etc.

I don't think they could make the grid case from RE4 work if co-op was an option, it would result in too much messing around online.

While the RE5 inventory system didn't allow you to carry much, it kept what little survival horror element the game may have had (VERY little), by that in your first play throughs and non infinite ammo runs, you and your partner would actually have to think what weapons you wanted to take, so that it would balance out the situations you faced; you may have not been equipped for every situation, but you used what you had to your best advantage. I also liked how I could see what was in my partners inventory without having to ask them, and that we could throw supplies to one another via trade.

I don't like how in RE6 that you and your patner can both pick up the same things. It makes sense for skill points at least, and maybe ammo and health, but I hate how both players can grab that shotgun or magnum lying around - it just makes the game feel like two Rambos running around. It would be nice if there was a setting or option where only skill points were shared pick ups during co-op.

Another thing that slightly bugs me is the graphics. One minute i'm like "wow, this game looks pretty damn awesome", and the next it looks like this game should have been on the original xbox or even a 360 launch title, thanks to some horrible looking textures, environments and character models.

after reading the posts in this thread i think i am able to make short list of what bugs me in this game, since a few posts here reminded me of some of my own thoughts.

1. agent hunt takes the first place

2. camera in chris´ campaign

3. no versus mode. yes thats right, i hated it in 5 same with merc but in this game i have such a blast with merc mode, its so much fun and a great way to get skill points fast, even if its not as much as with some boosting methods but at least it doesn´t get boring. i think i would give versus really a chance in this game. chances aren´t bad that the DLC will come :p

Just a few of my hundreds of complaints about this game: The inventory system is the worst in the series' history; even basic zombie enemies are INSANELY overpowered; the controls are awkward and stiff, lacking the polish RE5 had; the difficulty even on normal is absurdly hard (I've beaten every game in the franchise on the harder difficulties without too much trouble, but in this game I routinely die 50+ times in each chapter on NORMAL!!!); none of the new controls or gameplay mechanics (such as the idiotic new Herb system) are ever explained to the player, instead leaving players to attempt to make sense of everything on their own; weapons are underpowered to the point of being useless next to melee attacks; the BARE BASICS OF RIGHT AND LEFT DO NOT APPLY in this game, considering the number of times I've tried to avoid an obstacle (such as an oncoming train in Leon's campaign) by moving to the right, only to have Leon hurl himself to the left instead and be killed instantly; and there's probably a dozen other things I could mention, but I'm just sick of talking about this game.

I think this is easily the worst game in the entire franchise. Even Operation: Raccoon City was better than this piece of garbage. This is honestly one of the worst games I've ever played.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the game as a whole (and I've grown up playing ALL the Resident Evil games). I'm not a critic like so many other people on this site breaking down games to microscopic levels and shit. Anyway:

The QTE's during Leon's campaign were pretty clunky

The button mashing or analog stick rolling when enemies have you pinned and it is literally impossible to roll your analog stick any faster - then you get a pointless and cheap death. Prime example - Playing as Piers in Chris' campaign, start of chapter 3 (I think) - you get pinned down by a J'avo and there is no chance to roll the analog stick as fast as the game wants you to.

The climbing sequences with LT and RT

Last but not least - the final boss fight during Chris' campaign. This piece of trash has to be the most poorly designed boss fight. There are no ammo drops nor any crates to pick up any ammo. I had to kill the SOB with my KNIFE! He was able to get back in his cocoon so many times because the knife isnt able to damage as quickly as a gun. That fight alone seriously took me around 30-35 minutes. I was so frustrated this morning playing it, ugh.

main problems i have with the game

can't pause

can't purchase weapons and ammo

not big enough inventory

can't put stuff into an inventory like you could on RE5 so it's not always on you

can't upgrade single weapons

EVERY single thing is pointed out taking away from the search aspect of the game.

the game is too much action and RPG like than it is survival horror

Overall, I am very satisfied with the game as a whole (and I've grown up playing ALL the Resident Evil games). I'm not a critic like so many other people on this site breaking down games to microscopic levels and shit. Anyway:

The button mashing or analog stick rolling when enemies have you pinned and it is literally impossible to roll your analog stick any faster - then you get a pointless and cheap death. Prime example - Playing as Piers in Chris' campaign, start of chapter 3 (I think) - you get pinned down by a J'avo and there is no chance to roll the analog stick as fast as the game wants you to.

Last but not least - the final boss fight during Chris' campaign. This piece of trash has to be the most poorly designed boss fight. There are no ammo drops nor any crates to pick up any ammo. I had to kill the SOB with my KNIFE! He was able to get back in his cocoon so many times because the knife isnt able to damage as quickly as a gun. That fight alone seriously took me around 30-35 minutes. I was so frustrated this morning playing it, ugh.

This;

I can get past most flaws in this game, but those QTE's are just so bad. They aren't needed at all but those wacky Japanese love it. And Leon's train mission was stupid, I would literally be in the middle of the pillars and still be in front of the train? wtf is up with that. You had a split second to choose what track you were staying on to not die.

I still don't see how trains where running when both tracks had stuck/stopped trains.

yeah this games just riddled with mistakes! many ppl mention the inventory and rightly so! nearly completed my first run through and im still fumbling around in combat trying to select items and dying in the process! its fucking shocking! soooo miss the attache cases.the thing i look forward to with all resi titles is my pro run.now im dreading it to the point i may not bother!!!looks like the end for RE as we knew it,i like to think theyll go back to basics with this franchise but lets be honest they wont!! this is the way many games have gone with the QTE cinematics and the like so looks like the end of an era? best we can hope for is some sort of port of resi 1&2 but dont know if this will happen?

Edited by bwfcskillsinhd

Another thing that really pissed me off was the Chris/Ada car chase.

It was very, very poor. I thought I was playing Ridge Racer. Why the hell has Chris' BSAA issue Hummer got Nitro? Also the poor bastard on the gun has nothing to do. The Hummer section in RE5 with the persuing motorbikes was infinitely better than this shit.

...That you can't use any outfits in the campaign which you unlocked in The Mercenaries mode. This can't be right!

Another thing that really pissed me off was the Chris/Ada car chase.

It was very, very poor. I thought I was playing Ridge Racer. Why the hell has Chris' BSAA issue Hummer got Nitro? Also the poor bastard on the gun has nothing to do. The Hummer section in RE5 with the persuing motorbikes was infinitely better than this shit.

Hahaha exactly my thoughts in another thread:

Don't take me wrong guys, I really like the game so far but the driving/chasing sequence in Chris - Chapter 3 was really horrible staged. I mean I felt like I was back in 1996 playing Ridge Racer on my Playstation. Even the driving sequence in RE5 was better. Oh well.

re: analog stick rolling:

use both sticks, it does not tell you you can, it shows only 1 on screen but it works

dumb inventory, I can't pick up a herb or combine it, i have discard something, too much ammo in leon's story and not enough herbs

the shitty dumb as fuck L&R climbing

shit QTE

Chris story is pretty much Gears of war but with shit cover and chris always sticks his big head in the way when you are firing from cover because the camera is too fucking close!

the head developer lying, "RE6 was going back to its roots". Leon's story is nothing like survival horror, it tries to be in chapter 1 and thinks fuck it thats too hard

The zombies that can jump in leon's story and the lack of hit reactions for some enimies

j'avo that fire machine guns