Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

DLC Issues

Hey guys, so I preordered lightning returns from amazon and got it on release, although I only started playing it just now. I got the 3 samurai costumes with it and redeemed them as well. Afterwards I saw that the marketplace was offering the Cloud, Yuna, & Tomb Raider Costumes so I bought those as well. During the game when I was at the ark, I go to "Rewards Barter Shop" and got all the dlcs from there. now here is the issue, I equip the costumes and I turn completely invisible, none of the DLCs are working. I even downloaded the free japanese voice pack and enabled it but they are still speaking english.

I restarted the game and all the dlcs went back into the rewards barter shop, except the japanese voice pack but thats not working anyway...Anyone else had this issue and solved it?

I don't recall The exact issue but they posted it on the news update page ,in the game menu, about some grabs not showing or invisible or something.

Check the 0. Before you start section here (did you do a game install via Dashboard or ingame menu?)

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568809

If it is not there anymore , I think I took a screen grab, will check.

I think it only applies to Xbox version.

[ATTACH]8629[/ATTACH]

The Japanese Dialog DLC should work, it takes it a few minutes to update and starts to work. Only tried it a few times, so not sure. If I have time will check my Xbox version.

I just switched my LR to Japanese and it is working as expected.

Edited by ecto69

I installed from the dashboard, I didn't even know that it was possible to install from in-game. I am sure I would've read it if the news and updates would work, every time i start the game it gives me "News and Updates cannot be accessed". Its strange that they are only highlighting the cloud items,none of my items are working. I kept the voice in Japanese since the beginning of the game till day 2, it never changed to Japanese. To be honest, I think I'm having trouble with everything related to online in this game( e.g Outer-world Services). I dunno what the issue is, other games are working fine online. Thanks a lot for shedding some light, really appreciate it.

Edited by Punisher294

I was also having issues with the news and updates , not showing up , gave me an error last night. Not sure when it started, as it is only on Xbox , I have been playing the game on PS3 for the past few weeks.

I had played it on Xbox from release date forward for about 10 days and I worked ok , must be something going on with the xbox network?

Just tested now and getting a system error and can not access news and updates and can not connect to the outer world system, gives same error "a system error has occurred"

The news and update works on PS3. And confirmed it again as working on PS3.

Must be related to Xbox or SE issue on the Xbox network.

Google knows about the issue , did a search.

Started April 1 or when ever the latest update to the system (aka XBOX firmware) were done. (My xbox did an update last night as well)

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/outerworld-challenge-4-results-lightning-returns

For the Xbox 360 players under you, please be aware that we are currently experiencing technical problems with the Outerworld Service. The service went offline after a recent Xbox Live update. Unfortunately, this means that no NPCs or News Feed updates will appear in the game for now, but rest assured that we are working hard on bringing you a fix! Due to the nature of the issue, it's a bit difficult to say when it will be up and running again (hopefully very soon!), so please bear with us. We're also working hard on ensuring that you won't have missed out of any of the fun or items but would still like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Edited by ecto69

I'm pretty sure I know where your problem comes from :) And yes, the Square-Enix servers are down since the last Xbox Live update, nearly 2 weeks, which is a complete scandal. I really hope they get thousands of hate letters or lose many fans for this. Not ready for an Xbox update? Seriously? What is this, an indie game? :mad:

I had the same problem you did with FF 13-2. Because I had redeem codes or bought items from another marketplace than the one from my country. So if you did, if for example you created a japanese or german account to redeem codes you bought on eBay to a japanese or german seller, OR if you bought them on the marketplace with an account registered to another country, then your items will never show. I could equip the swords but they were invisible, since they're just skins. It can't be fixed because the DLC items are localized and you "cheated" the language and locale system of the marketplace.

If you didn't do any of that, then I have no idea what's happening to you, but I would bet you're using codes or an account different from where you actually live ;)

Edited by Asturgis

• 3 weeks later...

hi ! I recently got the game compatible for an NTSC-J unit with The samurai DLC pack with it but every time I input the codes, I keep getting an error code. I tried going to the xbox marketplace but there aren't any grabs available for download. Is this a regional issue ? Is there any other way I could get the garbs ?

hi ! I recently got the game compatible for an NTSC-J unit with The samurai DLC pack with it but every time I input the codes, I keep getting an error code. I tried going to the xbox marketplace but there aren't any grabs available for download. Is this a regional issue ? Is there any other way I could get the garbs ?

What region is your xbox account setup for?

DLC codes are usually region specific

You could try and setup a new account with the region that the DLC belongs to install it and then run your other account to try and see the DLC content in the game.

the xbox we got I think is an Asian version since the seller told us it works with titles specific to an NTSC-J region only. Thanks for the tip, I'll try setting up an account in a different region. The game we got has some Japanese translation I think so probably a Japanese account ?

we'll, I made another account and the DLC was able for download. But when I did, I dont see the items. I mean, I was able to get them but when I tried putting them on, they didn't appear. Like they're invisible. Maybe the codes were fake to begin with ...

we'll, I made another account and the DLC was able for download. But when I did, I dont see the items. I mean, I was able to get them but when I tried putting them on, they didn't appear. Like they're invisible. Maybe the codes were fake to begin with ...

Read the text in the notice on post#2 above it explains the issue as something on the xbox and outfits not being seen.