Green Day: Rock Band - Is it gonna go good?

Dudenfresh

Is Green Day: Rock Band gonna be good?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is Green Day: Rock Band gonna be good?

• Oh Yeah! It's gonna be AWESOME!
    • I think it might be good.
    • No, don't think so.
    • No Way! It's gonna be AWFUL!

I checked out the new Green Day: Rock Band on a Demo and I think it's gonna go pretty nice, it's my opinion anyway.

1. The characters look pretty good, I do remember Billy Joe Armstrong looking like what the developers made him in the game.

2. The songs included in the demo are also cool, I'm sure any Green Day fan can rock out to them. However, I'm not a big hardcore Green Day fan myself, but I do know one or two songs.

3. That's not the only stuff in the game, there's also going to be a HUGE bunch of Green Day songs, rare Green Day footage and more. (Well, all the stuff that says in the end of the Demo.)

-

There were some problems which annoyed me...

1. Why is there no 'Green Day' highway? The Beatles: Rock Band had one and in the Demo, it just looks like the highway in Rock Band 1 and 2.

2. I was hoping 'American Idiot' would show up in the Demo (because EVERYONE knows that song), but instead, there's 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'...which is okay, but for god's sake 'Amercian Idiot' is a well-known Green Day song, how can you not include it in the Demo. (Don't screw around with 'American Idiot', Harmonix.)

-

That's all I have to say about Green Day: Rock Band, do you think it's gonna be good when it comes out? I've got good hopes for it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day isn't bad but I think it's going to be like another Van Halen/Aerosmith game. They don't have enough songs to make it a great game. The Beatles and Metallica have a ton of popular songs, but I feel Green Day just doesn't have enough. That's just my two cents worth but I certainly won't spend $60 on this game. Maybe I'll get it when the price goes down a lot.

The poll doesn't have a correct option for me. My opinion is more "It will do good, but I don't think it deserves to do good."

I mean, I know there are a lot of Green Day fans out there, and that's great. Plus, from what I've heard, there might be a keyboard instrument coming out. So with all that, yeah, it will probably do pretty good.

No Way! It's gonna be AWFUL!

That's what I voted. However, I know it's going to 'do' good, as it's fucking Green Day and fucking Rock Band. They've both become 'whores'.

I mean, I'll even give Green Day the upper hand here and say that they were good up until American Idiot. Most people will disagree and say Warning. I'm going to be nice though, as I did enjoy Warning. They now suck more than any band ever could. I mean, what the hell are they doing?! American Idiot spawned a good three-year-span of just complete and utter Hot-Topic-Loving-Tie-Wearing-Make-Up-Caking-President-Hating-Douche-Bags, and introduced them to music. It seriously put me through three unbearable years. Luckily, with the release of 21st Century Breakdown, their American Idiot fans kind of just died down and didn't feel the need to express their 'political views' and opinions in general. They quietly accepted 21st Century Breakdown, and I didn't have to put up with any bullshit. It was nice. I mean, I cringe anytime I see someone wearing the shirt (not only for this release but American Idiot as well), but other than that, I didn't really have to put up with a bunch of babbling turds.

As for Rock Band... I mean shit, they're not selling out as much as Guitar Hero is, but it's still just as annoying, as it's in the exact same fucking genre. I can't even stand it anymore. I used to enjoy Guitar Hero up until the release of the third one. After that, I finally purchased Rock Band and have hardly touched it. The genre is ruined for me, and any addition to the genre, as of now, has irritated me. The Beatles is really the only thing that I enjoyed in Rock Band. I love Metallica as a band, but I couldn't get into that either.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/Scweeb64/flawlesvictory.gif

*silently puts shades on, lights a cigarette, and waits for a response while tapping foot*

Edited by Tussell

I think its gonna be a pretty good game. There are a lot of people who aren't going to play it just because they don't like their new music. There are a lot of people who love their early work, but hate their new stuff(even though in my opinion it is better) so they aren't going to even touch the game. I'll definitely play it though. Green Day is a great band. Much better than The Beatles. :)

I will NEVER buy or rent any more of these games!!! I HATE the fact that they took away the ability to use your controller, instead of the guitar. The guitar sucks balls. I don't want to learn how to play a piece of plastic. The worst part is that I really liked GH 1, 2, Aerosmith. I would buy all of these games if you could just use your controller! I understand they want to sell you stupid plastic crap, I have one! They could make it so you had to plug your controller into the guitar and there they got your money. I wish I could mod a guitar into a standard 360 controller. :mad::mad::mad:

I will NEVER buy or rent any more of these games!!! I HATE the fact that they took away the ability to use your controller, instead of the guitar. The guitar sucks balls. I don't want to learn how to play a piece of plastic. The worst part is that I really liked GH 1, 2, Aerosmith. I would buy all of these games if you could just use your controller! I understand they want to sell you stupid plastic crap, I have one! They could make it so you had to plug your controller into the guitar and there they got your money. I wish I could mod a guitar into a standard 360 controller. :mad::mad::mad:

Hah, that's funny you say that. You're not the only one I know who plays using the controller. Two of my friends play like that and it's weird as hell to watch them do it. I just can't do it!

So you are looking to turn a song into a 3 minute quicktime event? Only played Dance Dance Revolution with a controller, struck me as pointless.