Unanswered Questions - SPOILERS**

Mapmakermaster

I have just finished Gears 3 campaign but there are a few unanswered questions. I have not read any Gears novels as of yet. If anyone can answer them that would be greatly appreciated.

- Why does the locust queen look so human?

- How long have the Locusts been living underground? I'm guessing a long time but how long?

- How did Adam come to find out about the Locusts?

- How did Imulsion come to be?

Thanks!

#Spoilers#

I was thinking the same thing about the queen. We never found out why she looks so human. I thought perhaps the locust were all once human as the drones look human but the kantus don't especially with their teeth structure. Whilst this is the end of the trilogy I'd be surprised if they didn't continue the story in one medium or another.

As for the imulsion coming to be the most obvious answer would be that it was around for a long time. In the game itself the fact it is an organism but not unlike anything humans know of summed up its origins for me and that is that it is natural but simply outsideo ur limited understanding of what an organism is. For example it is taken for granted that all organisms on earth are carbon based and that is our understanding of all life yet who knows what could evolve on other worlds?

the queen is marcus's mother... there was something mentioned in the end towards the game of how the queen and adam fenix have been working together to stop the lambent before emergence day.. this is because before that she was regular human..

no no no she is NOT marcus's mother. his mother, and adams wife, was called elaine fenix. she was a biologist and she died in the hollow when she was searching for imulsion crystals for her studies. they found her body too so it cant be 'oh but they never found her' because they did.

they just left the queen mystery open i guess, im hoping some single player dlc might answer it? you never know.

the queen is Marcus's mother..

NOT CONFIRMED but somewhat believable. My friend and I said the same thing but they never once mention or hint at it or that the Locust queen was ever human.

The game did leave me with more questions while at the same time answering almost all of the earlier ones.

I cried when IT happened.

Won't say what, you know what I'm talking about if you have been there.

Also, what happened to Griffin? The last thing i remember is him going away on his little trolley cart saying WE WILL MEET AGAIN MARCUS, I FUCKING PROMISE THAT or something along those lines.

Did he ever show up again? I can't remember.

No, he never showed back up, but now I'm curious about that too...

NOT CONFIRMED but somewhat believable. My friend and I said the same thing but they never once mention or hint at it or that the Locust queen was ever human.

The game did leave me with more questions while at the same time answering almost all of the earlier ones.

I cried when IT happened.

Won't say what, you know what I'm talking about if you have been there.

That was a pretty sad moment.

As for the queen being his mom...I'm not sure about that...if she was his mom I'm sure he might recognize her a little?

***Maybe a spoiler in this post, not sure if considered one.***

Dizzy being one of my favorite characters, I'm glad he is back, but do they ever say how he survived Skorge? A friend of mine told me that Tai saved him, seeing as how was caught and tortured, but I don't believe they say how he survived in the games.

Here's an educated guess based on the Gears extended fiction:

The locust queen was one of the scientists related to the "New Hope" facility's sire project or a project in the past that led into the current incarnation of what Niles was doing at N.H.

Sires being the "proto" form and distant ancestors to current form locusts it's not a far stretch to say that either before or after the the current Sire research was shut down, Myrrah saved some form of Sire from the cancellation of the project and this fast tracked the locust species to where it was in the game.

Think of a plot mixed between the remake of "Planet of the Apes" and "The Descent 2" and that about sums it up.

***Maybe a spoiler in this post, not sure if considered one.***

Dizzy being one of my favorite characters, I'm glad he is back, but do they ever say how he survived Skorge? A friend of mine told me that Tai saved him, seeing as how was caught and tortured, but I don't believe they say how he survived in the games.

Tai tells him to leave and Tai gets up on Skorge by himself.

SPOILERS

Heres three questions:

1. Why did the laser kill Locust as well as the Lambent? It was supposed to kill Lambent cells, but if the humans were intact, why weren't the locust? Is it because Imulsion was underground with the locust and they were more exposed?

2. How the fuck was that tower big enough to project a wave across the entire planet?

3. WHY DIDN'T THEY KILL C. CARMINE? On the poll the majority of votes was towards "Carmine must die" and Cliffy B also said he really wanted him to die. My avatar has a Carmine must die shirt :L So why did they let him live?

SPOILERS

Heres three questions:

1. Why did the laser kill Locust as well as the Lambent? It was supposed to kill Lambent cells, but if the humans were intact, why weren't the locust? Is it because Imulsion was underground with the locust and they were more exposed?

They said during the campaign they didn't know if it would do anything to the locust or not

2. How the fuck was that tower big enough to project a wave across the entire planet?

Adam did spend 20 years working on it so im sure he figured out how big it would need to be

3. WHY DIDN'T THEY KILL C. CARMINE? On the poll the majority of votes was towards "Carmine must die" and Cliffy B also said he really wanted him to die. My avatar has a Carmine must die shirt :L So why did they let him live?

They didn't kill him because it was confirmed that "Carmine lives" won even though Cliffy B still wanted to kill him

I forget where it was said but apparently none of the dlc will feature Marcus or Dom so the Griffin part remains a mystery as does the queen

Edited by kohlerxxx

Locust were underground for a long time, hence closer to Imulsion. They breathed it in and lived near it. I assume it's because of their proximity too it and it affected their DNA.

IT'S A GAME

The poll you read lied. Save Carmine clearly won. I was hoping he would die during the credits (a montage of different ways to die instead of a black screen).

Okay thats those answered.

But -MEGA SPOILS- Why didn't Dom throw a grenade at the fuel tank and drive away from the explosion? Or if that wouldnt have been enough force to ignite the fuel tank, why not put a rock on the accelerator and jump out of the Truck? There's no point in martying yourself if there's a better alternative :L

I have just finished Gears 3 campaign but there are a few unanswered questions. I have not read any Gears novels as of yet. If anyone can answer them that would be greatly appreciated.

- Why does the locust queen look so human?

- How long have the Locusts been living underground? I'm guessing a long time but how long?

- How did Adam come to find out about the Locusts?

- How did Imulsion come to be?

Thanks!

Before I say anything, Myrah is NOT Marcus' mother. EPIC confirmed that a dozen times.

(My answers are not the best, but I heard there will be another book for AFTER this game.)

- She is human (I believe). There's some old stories referring to a little girl and a testing lab.

- Forever? They referred to them, in the game, as being down there for a long time.

- Not answered. I'm sure through Myrah.

- Not answered as well.

If you notice ANY interview with CliffyB, he states, "This is the final DELTA SQUAD and MARCUS game." Chances are they'll milk this franchise and make more games. Hopefully a Pendulum Wars, and E-Day prequel game.