18mb?

d00gler

I was sad to see that the download for this game was only 18mb in size. I know quantity doesn't mean quality, and in this case the price was for the nostalgia factor, but I wish someone could've improved the original arcade more than just adding the japanese and online modes. The game could've been re-sized to fit the HDTV in full widescreen instead of being boxed in the middle of my screen, for example. The recently re-released Guardian Heroes is a good example of a proper re-release, not saying Simpsons was not good.

I have watched the Simpsons since it first aired in its scribbly goodness in the 80's and played the arcade game since it debuted in the 90's. I just wish the game also included something from the past 20 years, even if it's not playable like fullscreen HD, or if it has the option to be turned on or off, played or not played, so as not to insult anyone that may not want the original changed.

Look what happened when they tried to "improve" Turtles In Time. It ended up being far inferior to the original arcade version. I approve of them not touching a thing. I wish Turtles In Time had been released in its original form.

Couldn't agree more... When I purchase this one it will be to remember how it was playing it in its original style. Any major modifications would just cheapen the memory and negate any reason I had for making the purchase

Couldn't agree more... When I purchase this one it will be to remember how it was playing it in its original style. Any major modifications would just cheapen the memory and negate any reason I had for making the purchase

I remember playing at the arcade on this game for what seems like a couple hours, but playing through this was so quick. I guess feeding quarters into the machine back then made each life seem more valuable than 'Press Start to Continue'.

• 7 months later...
Look what happened when they tried to "improve" Turtles In Time. It ended up being far inferior to the original arcade version. I approve of them not touching a thing. I wish Turtles In Time had been released in its original form.

I agree. Turtles in Time was such a disappointment to me. Would have much rather they left it the way it was. I'm so glad this game didn't get the "remake" treatment.