Filial Bonds Quest CAN'T FIND TORKILD!

Grohlvana

This is one of the few remaining quests I have, and you're supposed to find this guy's brother but he only spawns in a random encounter, and I know where R.E.'s spawn but I've literally gone through 100 of em' and he's never spawned.

I keep going between outside of Raven Rock (near Old Attius Farm) and South of Bujold's Retreat, but it keeps spawning the same Random Encounters (four hunters hunting a Netch, Morong Tong assassins, random race enemy with good armor, spriggans, wolves, hunter selling meat etc).

It's NEVER the guy I need to find. Yes, the quest is active in my journal and the step I'm on is "Look for Wulf's brother Torkild".

I don't know what to do, I don't think he'll ever spawn.

• 2 weeks later...

I found him about the same height on the map but much further west. However he was already dead having been mauled by some horkers or sommet. :D

A frost troll merked his ass for me, his corpse lit up on my map.

Naturally I took all the credit, even made him sound like a worthy opponent to his brother.

LOL

So can you guys confirm that he has no fixed location? I tried looking for him last night but gave up after a half hour of searching :(

He doesn't have a fixed location because he wanders around, he doesn't just stand still. He will also engage in combat if an enemy is close enough to him.

From what I understand though, he won't travel very far from the werebear cave in the north.

He doesn't have a fixed location because he wanders around, he doesn't just stand still. He will also engage in combat if an enemy is close enough to him.

From what I understand though, he won't travel very far from the werebear cave in the north.

Thank you my dude. I'll backtrack near the cave and hopefully find him tonight.

So can you guys confirm that he has no fixed location? I tried looking for him last night but gave up after a half hour of searching :(

Seems like it but it's always been one of 2-3 locations. He must have a set patrol pattern and he can run into some random creature anywhere on the patrol.

From what I've seen it's usually along the north coastal area or a short way inland.

He doesn't have a patrol route as such - he spawns at one of the random encounter locations (there are about 5 around the island - you'll have to google it as I don't have them to hand to provide them).

Having a different problem here - I can't hand the quest in. Looks like a bug. When I approach Wulf he says something along the lines of Torkild being with the all-maker but won't initiate a conversation. Hitting A to talk to him just results in him repeating 'go and avenge him'. Anyone else encountered this?

i had loads of trouble searching for him, then when i had given up i got a quest update to search his body. Have search all known locations but had no luck. (i was in the blacksmiths basement and there is a wolves head on the wall, proberly no conection) can anyone help me

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in the same boat. He's dead somewhere. But who knows where the body is. I didn't kill him, and his corpse could be lying anywhere. Any neat trick to finding the body?

There should be a map marker once he dies... There's nothing of value on Torkild's corpse and once he is dead (doesn't matter if he's killed by your character or a random monster attack), the next part of the quest should automatically get triggered.

I'm in the same boat. He's dead somewhere. But who knows where the body is. I didn't kill him, and his corpse could be lying anywhere. Any neat trick to finding the body?

Try patrolling the area with a detect dead spell running occasionally.

Edited by buggss

• 3 months later...

I don't know if you can get to the console on Xbox but this is what I had to do after spending hours looking for him. I don't use the console unless I don't have any other choice. Got to love those Skyrim glitches.

If anyone is having problems finishing the quest Filial Bonds here is a solution if you can get to the cconsole. In game pull up the console and type; setstage DLC2WB01 20. This will set you where you found and examined the body. Then type one of the following so you get the letter and then advance to returning to Wulf: 02026562 or 03026562 or 04026562. When and ID has xx in the beginning you can use 02,03 or 04 in place of the xx. And with beating Karstaag I got the Deadric Bow of the Blaze and I believe any bow ith the fire enchantment will do. I climbed the outside wall and went to the ledge right of the throne. I used the bow and firebreathe and beat him without being up close and personal. You have to make sure the bow keeps it's enchantment or it won't faze him. Hope these help.

• 2 months later...

Like everyone else here, I also had problems finding Torkild. While wandering, the quest updated at random saying that I needed to examine his body. The world map ended up showing him way up north from where I was (he was somewhere between Glacial Cave and Benkongerike), so naturally, I fast traveled to the nearest location to the waypoint. As soon as the loading screen finished, the waypoint disappeared.

After about an hour of searching, I ended up fast traveling to the Castle Karstaag Carverns and followed the waterfall down. I found his body on a ledge with some dead reavers and frost trolls.

Apparently the waypoint changes at random, so don't get your hopes up if the waypoint shows up if you haven't actually encountered him.

Good luck everyone!