Knights honor question

Voltagore

This was taken from the Dark Souls Wikispace page:

[spoiler=]Knight's Honor Achievement Guide **

Listed are all the weapons you will need to collect in order to get this achievement.

All credit goes to Blood_Runs_Cold from the ps3trophies.org forums.

It is recommended that you copy this to a word doc. and delete the items you have already collected to see which items you need easier.

--Weapons ascended from Boss Souls--

This requires a certain type of regular weapon, upgraded to 10+, and the Soul of a defeated Boss. The Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo will ascend the weapon and soul for 5000 souls. Any properties, stats or movesets of the previous weapon will be replaced when forged into a Boss Soul weapon, so it is usually a good idea to use something cheap or easily obtained when creating them. Most Boss souls are used to create two different weapons, and the Soul of Sif is used for three, so several NG+s will be needed to acquire all Boss Soul weapons. **

Chaos Blade:

You must ascend a +10 Katana and the soul of Quelaag. (An Uchigatana can be purchased for 5000 souls from Shiva in Blighttown, providing you are a member of the Forest Covenant)

--Compatible Weapons--

Washing Pole

Iaito

Uchigatana

Crystal Ring Shield:

Ascend a +10 shield or buckler, and the soul of The Moonlight Butterfly. Practically any shield can be used.

--Compatible Shields--

Plank Shield

Small Leather Shield

Leather Shield

Target Shield

Buckler

Cracked Round Shield

Red And White Round Shield

Warrior's Round Shield

Heater Shield

Knight Shield

Tower Kite Shield

Grass Crest Shield

Hollow Soldier Shield

Balder Shield

Iron Round Shield

Spider Shield

Spiked Shield

pierce Shield

Sunlight Shield

Cadeceus Kite Shield

Gargoyle's Shield

Double Headed Eagle Shield

Wooden Shield

Large Leather Shield

Eagle Shield

Tower Shield

Giant Shield

Bonewheel Shield

Effigy Shield

Sanctus/Bloodshield

Black Iron Greatshield

Darkmoon Bow:

Ascend any +10 Bow, and the soul of Gwyndolin.

--Compatible Weapons--

Short Bow

Composite Bow

Long Bow

Dark Bow of Pharis

Dragonbone Fist:

Ascend any +10 Cestus or Claw, and the core of the Iron Golem.

--Compatible Weapons--

Cestus

Claw

Dragonslayer Spear:

Ascend any +10 Spear or Rapier, and the soul of Ornstein.

--Compatible Weapons--

Mail Breaker

Estoc

Rapier

Ricard's Rapier

Spear

Winged Spear

Partizan

Pike

Golem Axe:

Ascend any +10 Axe, and the core of the Iron Golem.

--Compatible Weapons--

Handaxe

Demon's Greataxe

Greataxe

Gargoyle Tailaxe

Butcher Knife

battleaxe

Great lord Greatsword:

Ascend a +10 dagger, sword or greatsword, and the soul of Gwyn, The Lord of Cinder.

--Compatible Weapons--

Dagger

Parrying Dagger

Bandit's Knife

Demon Great Machete

Greatsword

Zweihander

Flamberge

Man-Serpent Greatsword

Claymore

Bastardsword

Darksword

Barbed Straightsword

Sunlight Straightsword

Baldre Sidesword

Broadsword

Longsword

Shortsword

Greatshield of Artorias:

Ascend a +10 shield or buckler and the soul of Sif, The Great Grey Wolf.

--Compatible Shields--

(see Crystal Ring Shield)

Greatsword of Artorias:

You must Ascend a +10 Dagger, Sword or Greatsword, with the soul of Sif, The Great Gray Wolf. Using these weapons for ascension will give you the cursed version of the Greatsword of Artorias. The name will not indicate any difference between the true and cursed variant, but the cursed version has a stat requirement of 18 for Faith and Intelligence.

--Compatible Weapons--

Dagger

Parrying Dagger

Bandit's Knife

Greatsword

Zweihander

Flamberge

Man-Serpent Greatsword

Claymore

Darksword

Sunlight Straightsword

Balder Sidesword

Broadsword

Longsword

Shortsword

(True) Greatsword of Artorias:

You must ascend a +10 Broken sword,and the soul of Sif, The Great Gray Wolf. Basic Zombies or the Defiled in Blighttown will usually drop broken swords. The name will not indicate it is the true version of the greatsword, but it has higher stat requirements of 20 for faith and intelligence.

--Compatible Weapons--

Broken Sword

Broken Hilt

Lifehunt Scythe:

Ascend any +10 Halberd, Scythe or Whip, and the soul of Priscilla, the Half Breed. Unlike other Boss Souls, Priscilla's soul only ascends one weapon.

--Compatible Weapons--

Halberd

Luceme

Scythe

Gargoyle's Halberd

Great Scythe

Whip

Notched Whip

Moonlight Butterfly Horn:

Ascend any +10 Spear or Rapier, and the soul of the Moonlight Butterfly.

--Compatible Weapons--

Mail Breaker

Estoc

Rapier

Ricard's Rapier

Spear

Winged Spear

Pike

Quelaag's Furysword:

Ascend a +10 Curved Sword, and the soul of Quelaag. A scimatar is a good choice.

--Compatible Weapons--

Painting Guardian Sword

Murakumo

Server

Shotel

Scimitar

Falchion

Smough's Hammer:

Ascend a +10 "Hammer" and the soul of Smough.

--Compatible Weapons--

Club

Mace

Morning Star

Warpick

Pickaxe

Reinforced Club

Greatclub

Demon's Great Hammer

Large Club

Tin Darkmoon Catalyst:

Ascend any Catalyst and the soul of Gwyndolin, The Darkmoon God. Ascension of the original catalyst is not needed, as it cannot be done. The sorcerer's catalyst is the best choice for ascension.

--Compatible Weapons--

Oolicile Ivory Catalyst

Logan's Catylist

Tin Banishment Catalyst

Sorcerer's Catalyst

Beatrice's Catalyst

--Weapons or Shields dropped by enemies--

Black Knight Greataxe:

Random drop from Axe-wielding Black knights.

Black knight Greatsword:

Random drop from Greatsword-wielding Black Knights.

Black Knight Halberd:

Random drop from Halberd-wielding Black Knights.

Black Knight Shield:

Random drop from any Black Knight.

Black knight Sword:

Random drop from any Sword-Wielding Black Knight.

Channeler's Trident:*

Rare random drop from Channelers. Three respawning channelers can be found in The Duke's Archives. (Thanks to Waggonforce for confirming * weapons)

Crest Shield:

Found in the Undead Asylum (revisited). Acquired as drop from the now hollow Elite Knight who first gave you the Estus Flask.

Crescent Axe:*

Acquired by killing Patches, but it can be purchased from him when he moves to Firelink Shrine.

Demon's Spear:

Rare Random drop from the Batwing Demons in Anor Londo (whilst sunlit). Can also be purchased from Shiva of the East in Blight Town, if you are a member of the Forest Hunter's Covenant.

Giant's Halberd:*

Rare random drop from the giant gold knights in Anor Londo (whilst sunlit). It can more easily be purchased from the Giant Blacksmith at any time for 5000 souls.

Grant:

Acquired by killing NPC invader Divine Knight Leeroy. He will invade you in The Tomb of Giants just before Nito's domain, down near the area that overlooks the distant Ash Lake.

Sanctus:

Acquired by killing NPC invader Divine Knight Leeroy. He will invade you in The Tomb of Giants just before Nito's domain, down near the area that overlooks the distant Ash Lake.

Silver Knight Shield:

Anor Londo (sunlit). Random drop from any Silver Knight.

Silver Knight Spear:

Anor Londo (sunlit). Random drop from Spear-wielding Silver Knights.

Silver Knight Straight Sword:

Anor Londo (sunlit).Random drop from Sword-wielding Silver Knights

Stone Greatshield

Darkroot Garden. Random drop from the Stone Knights.

Stone Greatsword

Darkroot Garden. Rare random drop from the Stone Knights. Can more easily be purchased from Shiva of the East, if you are a member of the Forest Covenant.

--Weapons found as treasure--

Astoria's Straight Sword:

Acquired from a corpse in Valley of Drakes, next to the Zombie Dragon.

Blood Shield:

Painted World. Found on the bridge after the Zombie Dragon Fight.

Dragon Crest Shield:

Acquired from a corpse in Valley of Drakes, next to the Zombie Dragon

Dragon Tooth:

Anor Londo. Found in a treasure chest alongside other chests containing Havel's Equipment, located behind a hidden wall in a Fireplace.

Dragonslayer Greatbow:

Anor Londo. When you reach the Giant Blacksmith, go up some straight stairs. To the right, you will find some big windows with one broken. Exit the window heading right, and you will see a corpse with the bow.

Effigy Shield:

Tomb of Giants

Havel's Greatshield:

Anor Londo. Found in a treasure chest alongside other chests containing Havel's Equipment, located behind a hidden wall in a Fireplace.

Velka's Rapier:

Can found on a corpse in the Painted World of Ariamis.

--Weapons or Shields acquired from covenants--

Dark Hand:

Given as a gift when joining Darkwraith Covenant.

Gravelord Sword:

Reward for joing Gravelord nito's covenant.

Dragon Greatsword:

Cut the tail off of the Ancient Dragon in Ash Lake. As long as you don't attack the body, this will not anger the dragon or break the covenant.

-- Weapons acquired from cutting off boss tails--

Drake Sword:

Undead Burg. Use arrows to shoot the tail of the Red Drake from underneath the bridge. It can also be cut off from on top of the bridge, if the Red Drake has landed to attack you.

Dragonking Greataxe

The Depths. Cut off the tail of the Gaping Dragon.

Moonlight Greatsword:

Crystal Cave. Cut off the tail of Seath The Scaleless, once the immortality crystal has been broken. (Seath's tail cannot be cut off in your first encounter)

Priscilla's Dagger:

Painted world of Ariamis. Cut off the tail of Priscilla - this can be difficult to do considering her ability to turn invisible, so consider careful strikes or weak weapons.

Edited by WhIpLaSh 014

OP wasn't even asking for a list, just asking if things could be traded.

Sharing is discussed in that thread, and others regarding Knights Honor. Game is over 2 months old and people still starting new threads as if they are first ones to think of a question.

Stop being lazy. Your not special. Search before you start new threads on what has already been asked and answered.

Sharing is discussed in that thread, and others regarding Knights Honor. Game is over 2 months old and people still starting new threads as if they are first ones to think of a question.

Stop being lazy. Your not special. Search before you start new threads on what has already been asked and answered.

thats what i love about forums, nice ppl no jerks what so ever. and btw your not special either gees.

Edited by Voltagore

Wow, this threads gotten pretty harsh. I think it's time to fucking chill out a little. While I will admit that there is already a thread so close that had it been a snake, the OP would have been bitten and dead. Still he's just offering to help people out. It isn't like the Dark Souls forum is lighting up with so much activity that his post is taking up space that more important threads could be occupying. Jesus, go have a few beers, get laid, or do whatever it us you do to calm the fuck down.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so i am now on NG++ trying to get knights honour and finish off the achievements. I just got what I thought was the last weapon needed and no achievement pops up. I have been reading a lot of posts and it seems there is no real definitive list of the weapons needed. I have triple checked the list i was working from and i have them all. The only things I don't have are ghost blade or titanite catching pole but ppl say these aren't needed anyway. Can anyone trade these with me or shed some light? Can anyone also confirm that if I only need to have held one of each rare weapon for the achievement to unlock, eg: if i trade one it still counts?

I'm SL 142

Thanks in advance

People seem to always miss the giant halberd which can be purchased from the giant blacksmith.

As far as trading people have confirmed it works, but haven't really given much info. Ie seen people say you need to have held the item on the same playthrough, so does this mean same character or if you hold it on playthrough 1 will it count for NG+?

If you have someone to combine weapons with just have them hand you everything you need at once then you hand it all back.

hold everything in your inventory just once per character

For instance, Squid and I are going through the game and NG+ together co-op. Between the two of us. We have a vast majority of the weapons. So once all our ducks are in a row, we will meet up, and I will give Squid all my weapons that he needs to complete the achievement, then he'll hand everything off to me and I'll get the achievement. So long, as you are holding all the weapons in your inventory at one time, the Achievement should pop...hopefully. lol

Ok, so if I only need the items in my inventory once does anyone fancy trading a ghost blade and titanite catching pole with me? I will give them straight back :)

You shouldn't need those for the achievement.

If you're missing something, I know the Black iron greatshield is one that is commonly missed.

Edited by Echilion

Ok, this is the list I was working from... I have checked that I have all of these. I also have the Black iron greatshield that you have mentioned. Any ideas what is missing from my list?

Drake Sword, Dragon Greatsword, Dragonking Greataxe, Gargoyle Tail Axe, Moonlight Greatsword, Priscilla's Dagger, Astoria's Straight Sword, Black Knight Greataxe, Black knight Greatsword, Black night Halberd, Black Knight Shield, Black Knight Sword, Blood Shield, Channeler's Trident, Crest hield, Crescent Axe, Dark Hand, Dragon Crest Shield, Dragon Tooth, Dragonslayer Greatbow, Effigy shield, Giant's Halberd, Grant, Gravelord Sword, Havel's Greatshield, Sanctus, Silver Knight Shield, Silver Knight Spear, Silver Knight Straight Sword, Stone Greatshield, Stone Greatsword, Velka's rapier, Chaos Blade, Crystal Ring Shield, Cursed Greatsword of Artorias, Darkmoon Bow, Dragon bone Fist, Dragonslayer Spear, Golem Axe, Great Lord Greatsword, Greatshield of Artorias, Greatsword of Artorias, Horn of the Moonlight Butterfly, Lifehunt Scythe, Quelaag's Furysword, Smough's Hammer, Tin Darkmoon Catalyst...

Ok, this is the list I was working from... I have checked that I have all of these. I also have the Black iron greatshield that you have mentioned. Any ideas what is missing from my list?

Drake Sword, Dragon Greatsword, Dragonking Greataxe, Gargoyle Tail Axe, Moonlight Greatsword, Priscilla's Dagger, Astoria's Straight Sword, Black Knight Greataxe, Black knight Greatsword, Black night Halberd, Black Knight Shield, Black Knight Sword, Blood Shield, Channeler's Trident, Crest hield, Crescent Axe, Dark Hand, Dragon Crest Shield, Dragon Tooth, Dragonslayer Greatbow, Effigy shield, Giant's Halberd, Grant, Gravelord Sword, Havel's Greatshield, Sanctus, Silver Knight Shield, Silver Knight Spear, Silver Knight Straight Sword, Stone Greatshield, Stone Greatsword, Velka's rapier, Chaos Blade, Crystal Ring Shield, Cursed Greatsword of Artorias, Darkmoon Bow, Dragon bone Fist, Dragonslayer Spear, Golem Axe, Great Lord Greatsword, Greatshield of Artorias, Greatsword of Artorias, Horn of the Moonlight Butterfly, Lifehunt Scythe, Quelaag's Furysword, Smough's Hammer, Tin Darkmoon Catalyst...

You can look at my list from the post near the top.

Demon's Spear

Well, it looks like I have two cursed greatswords of Artorias!

FFS I was so sure that I made this on first game and was using it but never mind. I guess I have just messed this up. Does anyone fancy trading the Greatsword of Artorias with me? You can have whatever you want from my inventory...

Well, it looks like I have two cursed greatswords of Artorias!

FFS I was so sure that I made this on first game and was using it but never mind. I guess I have just messed this up. Does anyone fancy trading the Greatsword of Artorias with me? You can have whatever you want from my inventory...

Yeah, that's a facepalm moment right there. Even if someone doesn't want to trade their sword, you might find someone to meet up with when you have all the other weapons to let you hold theirs so you can get the achievement. Good luck.