Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Indie

So I am not all up on this achievement stuff like I would like to be, but this is odd. I bought the retail 360 version of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and for whatever reason it is showing up twice on my profile on smartglass and xbox.com.

One of them has like 0/0 achievements and the other has like 0/1960

Image of the issue: http://postimg.org/image/5yn11hnxt/

http://s24.postimg.org/5yn11hnxt/Capture.jpg

Edited by Indie
adding link

In reference to my installing issue, I received a response from Capcom asking for further details. One of the things I said to them is this :

"In response to your request for information, I cannot install the disc at all. When I am on the Dashboard and press the X Button for Game Options, only the option for "Play Now" is displayed. No other options appear and all of the DLC, game videos and downloadable episodes do not even appear. The only things are the Resident Evil : Revelations 2 (RER2) "Eye" Wallpaper/Background, the game title in the top right of the screen and the option to "Play Now".

I can, however, find the Downloadable version's game listing in the Xbox Live Marketplace along with all the associated DLC, Episodes and game videos, and when selecting to view the full game's listing, I get the option to "Play Now" from there as well, along with the options to "Pin to Dash" and "Rate" like pretty much all games have, but still with no option to install to my Hard Drive.

If I were to take a guess, either the Disc version has not been linked to the appropriate listing, or a second listing, solely for the disc but with none of the associated features/information, has been created."

So, yeah, probably the latter then. Could explain a lot.

One of the stranger aspects of it is that I can go in to my my acheivements from the dashboard on the 360 and hit clear. This will remove the "arcade" version from my achievement list but will not remove the 0/0 version. Very Odd.

It's all messed up and I'm just waiting for a response from Capcom Support before I start the returns process with my retailer and send it back for a refund.

Worst case scenario is that I have to spend an extra £10 (£35 total) to download everything that's on the disc from the Marketplace.

The Support guy seemed pretty genuine though, so perhaps this really is a mistake and all truly unintentional, in which case, they will either patch it or recall it.

My guess is a patch that improves game stability but doesn't allow for install as that can't be patched in afaik.

That would be the most economical type of damage control they could do.

Awesome, keep me posted. I hadn't even thought to install it yet. I never purchased any of the other episodic games on disc format, I was curious if this was all par for the course with this type of release.

I never get episodic games. Full retail or nothing is what I do. I couldn't tell you whether this is standard practice. From what I've read though, I've seen someone on "TrollFAQs" (GameFAQs) say that not being able to install is indeed standard practice for retail disc versions of episodic content.

Either way, I want this sorted asap. The game looks great, so it's a shame it plays like shit from the disc then. -____-

• 3 weeks later...

The exact same thing has happened to me. At I guess I would say since the game was available to download before it came out on retail it thinks there are 2 different versions of the same game. I even put the game in another console and it did the exact same thing. At the moment I cannot delete the one showing up as 0/0 achievements. I hope Microsoft or Capcom fix this. Also try not putting the disc in the machine and go to my games. On my one re rev 2 does not show but as soon as you put the disc in it appears. Odd a!

• 2 months later...

Yeah for some reason it messes up your activity. I tried the retail version, found out it's got horrible loading times, deleted the history for it and my friend just told me she can see two Rev 2s on my profile now. It's weird considering that every other time removing the game history has removed the game from my profile.

• 11 months later...