When to start a 'New Game +'? -poss spoilers-

McDonalds Kid

Hello all, i've been coming to this site and forums for a while now, and it's weird that (I think) this is my first post...

Anyhoo, here is my question.. I've just beaten Ultimate Szabo (well, in the process, I'm after the Item he holds) and just wondering for the stuff i have/could have missed, is there anything to get, (ie items, monster logs) after I defeat Ultimate Szabo??

Thanks in advance for any help, it's very much appreciated!:woop:

Haha, just looking at my info, and have no idea when I made the other 4 posts..., and sorry for the edit

I'm not sure what exactly you are after, but if you've fought the final boss, the only thing you pick up is a rare flower which can't be saved. It basically means you have to play through the game twice if you have missed something.

Check out the achievement guide and the rare monster thread for missable monsters and items to pick up on the second play through that you may have missed :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure what exactly you are after, but if you've fought the final boss, the only thing you pick up is a rare flower which can't be saved. It basically means you have to play through the game twice if you have missed something.

Check out the achievement guide and the rare monster thread for missable monsters and items to pick up on the second play through that you may have missed :)

Webb,

Does this also apply if I missed a monster or it is for items only? Do I really have to go through the whole game a 2nd time even though I missed a monster on disk 1 in order to get my achievement?

Only if you cannot find that monster later on in the game. If there is a monster EXCLUSIVE to one point in the game (such as in Nene's fortress) then you MUST kill at least one of them before leaving that place otherwise you need to use New+. The monster list should show you which monsters are only found during certain events/missable so just be sure you get as many as you can before moving on.

If you missed a monster from the area near the Mechat crashsite then you can just fly back there and kill one whenever you like.

Webb,

Does this also apply if I missed a monster or it is for items only? Do I really have to go through the whole game a 2nd time even though I missed a monster on disk 1 in order to get my achievement?

Only for the rare monsters, if you go to gamefaqs.com there is a complete monster list that will tell you where each and every monster is.So even if you miss a monster on disk 1 you will be able to go back on disk 3.

The last item that you need to collect is after the final save opportunity, while the final monster is before it.

The final boss is not in the monster record so if you've only missed a monster on disc 1, I believe you will only have to get up to that monster on the New Game+.

Thx to the 3 of you guys!!

My question was not very clear....sorry. But Ared, you answered me with what I meant. So even though I missed a monster on disk 1, because the final boss is not in the monster record, I won't have to go through the whole game for that disk 1 missing monster.

Thx guys...you really are the best!..:)