My character is completely gone. (Online)

Platuni

i just go online and i was asked if i want to change my appearance etc. it was the only chance to do so but im happy with it so i did not do it. BUT i started a crew and i had a crew tag behind my name this morning but thats now gone, and now i cant start a game with crew members only it says i need to join a crew. at te social club page it still shows my crew but the game says im not in one

any1 with the same problem ??

As much as we're all itching to play I think it's safe to assume that you should be prepared for this type of thing to continue to happen for a little while at least. R* is obviously still trying to get things sorted on their end and that's going to result in some instability on ours. It's obviously frustrating but I fully expect that level resets, character loss and other random inconsistencies and bugs will continue to be an issue for a while. Sadly, it's going to be "play at your own risk" until R* says that they've gotten a handle on things.

I for one have yet to even be able to save a character as every time I try and get Online it says the cloud servers are down and even when I create a temp character it just hangs on the loading screen.

yeah same im lvl 17 too, a friend of mine had his lvl 10 disappear but he just reloaded and got it back, so I would be careful to not start over without trying some things to get the old one back first.

Starting to regret trying to make a new character now :confused:

Chin up guys. Things are starting to get fixed. According to the latest update on the social club they have recognised some kind of 'limit' on the PSN that was preventing people from playing, which they have now removed. Albeit for PS and not XBL but i'm sure it won't be long.

And I might have understood it wrong but they are altering/erradicating the mandatory race at the start as well.

Just continue to be patient. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered everyone some kind of small reward. I know it will all be worth it in the end!

Your all 'lucky'. I haven't even been able to get any further than the first online race. Game has glitched on me something rotten.

I'll just have to be patient and wait for them to fix it... At least I have the brilliant single-player to continue with.

I'm in the same boat; cant get on at all =/ I know it'll get fixed but seeing gameplay vids of other people playing online is making me very jealous!

Happened to me twice, BOTH times at level 9 ( half way to 10 both times.. ) not sure if it's coincidence or not but upon hit the half way mark to 10 I disconnected both times, reconnect and my character is gone completely, all that is left is what I had in my bank account.

I can't even join jobs, sessions or anything as I have to do the tutorial again. Refusing to start for a 3rd time due fearing it'll take another 6 hours to get past the unavoidable race "crashing".

Anyone had this happen and get their original character back?

Edit - For those who can't get on, seriously take my advice, it ISN'T worth the hassle. Go play something you enjoy, don't go through what others and myself have just to have our progress disappear.

I miss character file too during the very early access to the online. Just stuck on the character screen. After rebooting and connecting to the server is stable and my characters come back. I recommend you guys who lost character do not create a new one just reboot and immediately reconnect to online maybe it'll come back.... or not.

Edited by jimmyrespawn

I miss character file too during the very early access to the online. Just stuck on the character screen. After rebooting and connecting to the server is stable and my characters come back. I recommend you guys who lost character do not create a new one just reboot and immediately reconnect to online maybe it'll come back.... or not.

I had done it and my other friends did too when I found out other guy mention it in website in google and I told them and we tried out but still disappeared. Doesn't worked. Still said save corrupted for character. It is fucked up. anyway.

I knew few players been tried it and it is back to them. But I don't care and wait for update patches.