Not unlocking?

Hey all,

We're aware of the issue. Could you check if it didn't pop on the console as well as on xbox.com? Or only on one of them? It would help us narrow down the issue.

Sorry about the inconvenience :(

It didn't notify me of earning the achievements when I beat the game, nor did it show up on the Xbox achievements screen, nor has it shown up on Xbox.com.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started the game this morning with the DLC installed and it doesn't even show the Ranger DLC achievements for my game, I still just have the basic 50. Xbox.com shows that I have all 52 though, pretty odd. Hopefully this is fixed, guess I won't be starting on Ranger mode, just hard difficultly. Major bummer for people who have already done Ranger and got absolutely nothing.

Edit: Now the ranger DLC achievements did show up after I got the training sequence achievement, weird. Hopefully the ranger achievements are made unlock-able soon, 2033 on Ranger Mode was incredibly tense.

Edited by Lost Remnant

Happened here too, Ranger Hardcore, NO chievo, and NOT playing it again, I should've known...guess I'll get a few clean up achievements and get my money back..

Thank you. Your approach is only going to help the TA value of the achievements. Keep up the good work.

There's a member on this site who has unlocked them.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=The%20Adam%20Fenix

Doesn't strike me as looking suspicious either. Maybe someone ask him how he popped them?

Would appreciate a follow up from the man himself. He has 48 hours to reply with an explanation before I call fishy business.

I'm not going to buy "I just played and beat it" either. I mean maybe he did, but why did he get it when it's glitched for everyone else?

I sent 'em a PM and got a reply.

definatly lying because 2 other people here got review copies and they didint unlock them either. also the users score is now hidden, so he doesnt want anybody to see he is a cheater.

now its open to vies the histroy again but says no games have been played, kinda wierd.

Edited by deluxnugs

definatly lying because 2 other people here got review copies and they didint unlock them either. also the users score is now hidden, so he doesnt want anybody to see he is a cheater.

now its open to vies the histroy again but says no games have been played, kinda wierd.

Did they have debug consoles given to them by Microsoft and in all honesty if I kept my Achievements as viewable it just would not seem fair to the leaderboards on the site... and you can ask the people that viewed my games before I changed it, there was nothing strange or out of place about anything. There is no doubt that I was playing a review copy either as I have been playing Resident Evil: Revelations for some time now.

I love how people jump to conclusion, as if I am to blame. I am sure this issue will be fixed as someone from Deep Silver has already stated they were aware of the issue. Then I will change my profile back to normal... it seemed like the only fair thing to do - even though I run a game site, I am also a gamer, in fact it was this site that helped me gain the achievements and I still had issues with other ones, strange ones. As a part of the community (not that I care about the leaderboards on the site) but I am sure others due and that is why my profile was changed... you will no longer see me as number one for the game now.

Edited by MetalReaper00

In fairness, if there is ever a time to be suspicious of someone with an achievment, it is the time when you see one person have it out of so many. Out of curiosity, did the DLC come on the disc or was it a separate download? Also, did it unlock on your first playthrough of Ranger mode or did you have to replay?

In fairness, if there is ever a time to be suspicious of someone with an achievement, it is the time when you see one person have it out of so many. Out of curiosity, did the DLC come on the disc or was it a separate download? Also, did it unlock on your first playthrough of Ranger mode or did you have to replay?

It was already on the disc, and I did not have to play it more then once on Hardcore to unlock them both... however as I mentioned I did have issues with other achievements not unlocking when they should. If I could fix the issue myself I would, I just cannot stand some people as in another post someone called me a modder when it was nearly blatantly clear they just read 1 comment.

If it makes anyone feel better, although our review has already been published I still must submit the link to the PR Agency/Publisher and I can then additionally mention that fans of the franchise seem to feel genuinely disrespected by day one payable content which is only a difficulty that must be bought for $5 if you do not get the new editions... and the Achievements not working for the content seems unacceptable through eyes of the fans. (I can even have our review altered to include this information on the Achievement glitch or mention to them that we do no want to add that to our review.)

Edited by MetalReaper00

It was already on the disc, and I did not have to play it more then once on Hardcore to unlock them both...

Thanks for clarifying that stuff.

I just cannot stand some people as in another post someone called me a modder when it was nearly blatantly clear they just read 1 comment.

I get that, but I understand where it comes from. Two places, really, a rage of "I should have it unlocked" and "Only one person seems to have gotten it" thing. The first part doesn't apply to me, as I will not even have the time to get to it till next week, but I can understand the second one a bit better in this case.

As a side note: Not everyone here was too bad about it. It was generally a "we need to hear answers" rather than "guilty!" though of course there was that too.

If it makes anyone feel better, although our review has already been published I still must submit the link to the PR Agency/Publisher and I can then additionally mention that fans of the franchise seem to feel genuinely disrespected by day one payable content which is only a difficulty that must be bought for $5 if you do not get the new editions... and the Achievements not working for the content seems unacceptable in eyes of the fans. (I can even have our review altered to include this information on the Achievement glitch or mention to them that we do no want to add that to our review.)

I'd probably rather you didn't do that. I don't know how much influence the site you do reviews for would have, but I'd rather not see disincentives to buy being heaped towards it. Even though I've only played 2033 now, I'm pretty sure I'll want to play more Metro games in the future which kinda needs good sales for this one.

Anyway, it was cool of you to respond here.

Thanks for clarifying that stuff.

I get that, but I understand where it comes from. Two places, really, a rage of "I should have it unlocked" and "Only one person seems to have gotten it" thing. The first part doesn't apply to me, as I will not even have the time to get to it till next week, but I can understand the second one a bit better in this case.

As a side note: Not everyone here was too bad about it. It was generally a "we need to hear answers" rather than "guilty!" though of course there was that too.

I'd probably rather you didn't do that. I don't know how much influence the site you do reviews for would have, but I'd rather not see disincentives to buy being heaped towards it. Even though I've only played 2033 now, I'm pretty sure I'll want to play more Metro games in the future which kinda needs good sales for this one.

Anyway, it was cool of you to respond here.

Thanks Pushtrack and your right, there was not really any negativity (at least in this thread) other then people just wanting to know how to unlock them if possible. I won't bother with mentioning the issue to them as I stated before since they clearly are aware of it and are on to fixing it. Appreciate your concern and support in the community here... hope it's fixed soon and maybe they will give players something extra for the trouble..... you never know.

Hey all,

We're aware of the issue. Could you check if it didn't pop on the console as well as on xbox.com? Or only on one of them? It would help us narrow down the issue.

Sorry about the inconvenience :(

Any news on your progress with the rectification of this issue?

We would appreciate a update.

It was already on the disc, and I did not have to play it more then once on Hardcore to unlock them both...

I just cannot stand some people as in another post someone called me a modder when it was nearly blatantly clear they just read 1 comment.

Already on disc sounds like the culprit. This is most likely what allowed you to get the achievements. Something about downloading the mode and adding it to the game is what glitches the achievements. This is what Deep Silver/4A need to be examining.

As far as calling you a modder, I didn't really mean to call you out on actually being one, it's just an assumption to only one person having the achievements while so many others have them glitched. Anyone would make that assumption. Sorry for that, but now we have an answer.

We just have to wait for a patch.

It was already on the disc, and I did not have to play it more then once on Hardcore to unlock them both... however as I mentioned I did have issues with other achievements not unlocking when they should.

.)

i just dont believe it, other reviewers wouldve also gotten copies with the dlc on disc, but to my knowledge they did not. in fact one reviewer had a 15 minute video complaining about the fact that his copy didnt come with 'Ranger Mode'. why did you get the copy with the dlc on disc?

maybe you are telling the truth but it really seems odd and unlikely that you are the only person able to unlock this achievement, and the only reviewer ive heard of with the dlc on disc.

hiding your history because of the leaderboards sounds like a lame excuse to me. if you got them legitimitly then there is no reason to hide them.

im sure they know of the problem, i dont rememeber getting an update on day one.

i think the game has yet to be updated for the dlc yet.

Edited by deluxnugs

i just dont believe it, other reviewers wouldve also gotten copies with the dlc on disc, but to my knowledge they did not. in fact one reviewer had a 15 minute video complaining about the fact that his copy didnt come with 'Ranger Mode'. why did you get the copy with the dlc on disc?

maybe you are telling the truth but it really seems odd and unlikely that you are the only person able to unlock this achievement, and the only reviewer ive heard of with the dlc on disc.

Y'know, this explanation hasn't sat right with me either. :/

Y'know, this explanation hasn't sat right with me either. :/

yes im sure that its a full lie.

i cant imagine that the publisher decided to make 10, 20, or even a 100 copies of the game with ranger mode on disc, then ship them only to certain reviewers, while every other copy comes without it.

it doesnt make any business sense, why would only this guy get one? why wouldnt he tell us the name of this gaming website he runs?

then why would he only come here to defend himself after being asked a question about the achievements.

i know 2 others who got their review copies without ranger mode included.

i wonder why this user is so special?