The Superior Spider-Man, love it or hate it?

oORuffusOo

It's fine. I'm ready for Peter to be back though.

Like Bendis bringing the original team to the present in All-New X-Men though, I don't know what the endgame is aside from telling a unique story. The beauty of the reveal toward the end of ASM was that we thought Doc Ock was dead. The switch was an insane reveal, and bold, and executed perfectly. Now what? Now we just watch a villain try to be good? When Peter comes back for good, what will we have accomplished?

It's fine. I'm ready for Peter to be back though.

Like Bendis bringing the original team to the present in All-New X-Men though, I don't know what the endgame is aside from telling a unique story. The beauty of the reveal toward the end of ASM was that we thought Doc Ock was dead. The switch was an insane reveal, and bold, and executed perfectly. Now what? Now we just watch a villain try to be good? When Peter comes back for good, what will we have accomplished?

I don't want Pete back at all. Pete never even had a Spidey hot-line.

That's what Wolverine is for though. We all know how powerful these people are, it is their morals and compassion that make them heroes instead of villains.

Oh I completely get why he always held back. "With great power comes great responsibility." I'm just saying, it's kind of awesome seeing all these villains in a state of shock when he dominates them and for him to basically say F* the responsibility. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about Pete coming back, however they can take their time with it. It is about time for a new writer though if you ask me, let someone else take a crack at it for a while.

Oh I completely get why he always held back. "With great power comes great responsibility." I'm just saying, it's kind of awesome seeing all these villains in a state of shock when he dominates them and for him to basically say F* the responsibility. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about Pete coming back, however they can take their time with it. It is about time for a new writer though if you ask me, let someone else take a crack at it for a while.

No way. Slott is killing it imo and Yost is doing awesome on Avenging/Team Up as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only "return" I've seen confirmed is that they are bringing back Amazing Spider-Man with #700 in December, and there will be extra issues (I've seen solicits for 700.1 through 700.5) that will feature stories about Peter. He's still dead/in Otto's head though, and I think the regular numbering will feature Otto.

Superior #19 brought him back in ghost form, but that was all so far.

• 3 weeks later...
i kind of don't mind it, but i think that pretty soon peter will be back in his own body...

at one point its going to drive octavious nuts, where he'll resurrect his body, something silly like that..

He already died & was resurrected back in the 90's. Maybe he'll transfer his mind into his robotic arms and kidnap people and make them wear him :dance:.

Edit: In fact I'm sure he did something like that in the 70's when he was imprisoned.

Edited by sm182

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of the switch though I do find the background plots to be pretty interesting, especially with them having added another layer in the most recent issue with Ock's body having been revealed to have been stolen from his grave. Glad to see the Goblin plot coming to a head though I'll be even more glad to see Peter back in his own body, especially with the All-New Marvel NOW teaser.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Like the title says, just curious what everyone thinks. Personally I am enjoying the hell out of it. We all know it wont last and it's an awesome change of pace for the series.

I just started it as I went out for the Unlimited Plus subscription on the Marvel App. Can't wait to get my Ultron and AoU stuffables :dance:

Aside from that, I nabbed a free issue of it a while back and was intrigued. I'm loving the role of Octavius not trying to ruin Spidermans name but actually improve on it albeit a tad on the maniacal side but still, he's making some great surprises to me. Obviously not a fan of the new Sinister Six though lol.

• 1 month later...

I bought the second hardcover recently (up to issue #15), but I've yet to read it. Really enjoyed the first arc, but as that was only up to #5, I can't really judge the series.

So far, though? Really liking it. From what I've read online, it seems to be getting a definitive ending too, so it might end up being one of the better self-contained stories in modern comics.

• 3 weeks later...