Stuck in Dark Territory

Emfulz

Hello. I've been trying to do this ending to the episode for about an hour now and I can't get past it. I've googled multiple walkthroughs and I'm not getting anywhere. My first couple tries I thought I got to the exit flag but I couldn't remember where it was so eventually the smoke gets me and I start from scratch again.

I followed a guys little snippet about getting through in under a minute but I go into a Banyan tree and wait for the smoke to leave, I come out to be confused on what direction to go and the smoke seems to come back instantly and ground pound in front of me. I either die by trying to run to another tree that I see (probably wrong direction) or the smoke kills me again.

Can someone direct me on how to avoid the smoke and where to go? I don't think the smoke is suppose to appear instantly back once I leave the tree unless I'm doing it too early or waiting way too long.

If you're inside the trees waiting for the smoke to leave, listen to your heartbeat. If you can hear your heartbeat and breathing, the Smoke Monster is right outside the tree, even if you can't see it. Took me a little bit to figure that out.

As far as orientation problems, you're kind of on your own. I hated the way I was so disoriented after leaving the trees and really could find nothing to help other than to quickly look around for the closest flag and use it to point me in the right direction.

But my first tip might keep you from getting killed instantly and give you a little bit of time to get your bearings so you can find the marker flags again and be on your way.

The really shitty part is you have to come back through here and you can't run (you'll find out why). So good luck with that, too.

Will I be able to hear my guys heartbeat without turtles or anything? I own them but don't have an adapter piece for HDMI yet.

I got to the point where I needed to walk with dynamite because if you run more than 1-2 seconds you blow up! I will try your advise tonight when I go for it again. I will tell you how it goes, maybe I'll eventually get past this part. I love the show, I love the story behind this but the gameplay drives me nuts. Don't get me started on the caves lol

If you're inside the trees waiting for the smoke to leave, listen to your heartbeat. If you can hear your heartbeat and breathing, the Smoke Monster is right outside the tree, even if you can't see it. Took me a little bit to figure that out.

As far as orientation problems, you're kind of on your own. I hated the way I was so disoriented after leaving the trees and really could find nothing to help other than to quickly look around for the closest flag and use it to point me in the right direction.

But my first tip might keep you from getting killed instantly and give you a little bit of time to get your bearings so you can find the marker flags again and be on your way.

The really shitty part is you have to come back through here and you can't run (you'll find out why). So good luck with that, too.

I tried just now and got on first try! I stayed in the tree and waited until the noise of the black smoke went away completely, which gave me a little over enough time to step out and try to find another tree. I thought I was getting lost at first but I just found the flag and now I'm out of there! I think that's the worst part ever because you can't run, well not more than 1 second tops.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried just now and got on first try! I stayed in the tree and waited until the noise of the black smoke went away completely, which gave me a little over enough time to step out and try to find another tree. I thought I was getting lost at first but I just found the flag and now I'm out of there! I think that's the worst part ever because you can't run, well not more than 1 second tops.

Awesome! Good to know you finally got by that section. The rest of the game is pretty damned easy from here on out, too...