Presenting The Splinter Cell Blacklist 200K Microsoft Points Extravaganza (EU Only)

Webb

If there’s anything we like here at X360A, it’s giveaways. Big ones at that. We’ve given away 35,700 Microsoft Points for a Trials Evolution HD competition before, 50,400 for a Dead Space 3 competition, and 65,100 for an Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood one, but this time, we wanted to go big. So big that it eclipses everything we’ve ever done before on this here site.

“How much bigger than 65,000 can you realistically go?” you ask, “100,000?” We could do, but still we weren’t satisfied. We’ve gone much bigger this time!

To mark the upcoming release of Splinter Cell Blacklist, we’ve teamed up with Ubisoft UK to give away 200,000 Microsoft Points. Well, 201,600 to be precise. That’s 2,100 Microsoft Points a day for 90 days, with the final day’s winner taking home 12,600 points. In case you were wondering, that’s enough Microsoft Points to buy 168 copies of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, which incidentally is out this week.

Starting from the 24th of May - the start of our MCM live show where Splinter Cell Blacklist will be headlining - we’ll be giving away 2,100 Microsoft Points a day until the game’s August 23rd UK release date. Yes, the word you’re looking for is wowzers!

What do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning? Well, it’s fairly simple. All you have to do is watch a video on the competition launch zone and answer a question on the entry page during the competition weeks. Then all you have to do is just cross your fingers. What the video will be and what the question will be will differ from one week to the next, so pay attention to that page and to the schedule. Once you’ve entered for that stage, you’ll be in the mix for the duration of that stage, so fear not, you can just sit back and hope you’re a winner then. For the full schedule of events, check out this page here.

So that’s it folks. Put this one in the diaries, you know, for 3 months! Surely the biggest competition we’ve ever done, and most definitely the longest! You'll find a link to the zone on the front page for the duration of the competition, so check back periodically. We'll let you know via here and the social media channels too, so make sure you're following us, and you can even track the winners of all the prizes in our "Hall of Fame" - which will be up after stage one, and will look something like this.

The stage show starts on Friday and the competition opens officially on Saturday, so good luck, folks!

Note: This is a Europe only competition, due to the region restrictions put on Microsoft Points by Microsoft.

I get extremely excited for these giveaways and then extremely disappointed when I see it's EU only.

You guys should find a way to make them international! I don't mean to tell you how to do them, but it's not exactly fair for the percentage of those who use this site who are in the US to not even get a chance!

Sad face. :(

I get extremely excited for these giveaways and then extremely disappointed when I see it's EU only.

You guys should find a way to make them international! I don't mean to tell you how to do them, but it's not exactly fair for the percentage of those who use this site who are in the US to not even get a chance!

Do you know how much we get shafted on the price of pretty much everything compared to the US? We deserve free things:p

Do you know how much we get shafted on the price of pretty much everything compared to the US? We deserve free things:p

Not saying you don't or anything, it's just it would be nice if they could somehow be international giveaways. I mean if it's a site-wide giveaway, then immediately all non-EU users are excluded.

Quite the buzzkill lol.

Us Aussies are in the same boat...

Not saying you don't or anything, it's just it would be nice if they could somehow be international giveaways. I mean if it's a site-wide giveaway, then immediately all non-EU users are excluded.

Quite the buzzkill lol.

There just hasn't been a US MSP give away in quite a while.

Just to be clear - the prizes are being provided by Ubisoft in the UK, so the restrictions are entirely down to what we are being given. If they would give us MSP for all users then we could obviously open the competition up. However, they are stumping up the points and, as we all know, they are region locked. So it's EU peeps only.

Plus, the points cards will need to be mailed out so only those with an EU address need apply (for anyone that has an EU account but doesn't live here).

I think you're forgeting that it's not always x360a that decide that it should be a EU thing only. The companies in the specific county/region decide to come to the site with the giveaways.

Maybe instead of being sad because x360a didn't make a US competition, you need to stress your frustration with the US side of the companies as they're the ones not making the decision to do anything for you guys, not x360a.

Can't help that the EU side of things decide to offer more to their fans than the US.

Edited by Nozza

Just to be clear - the prizes are being provided by Ubisoft in the UK, so the restrictions are entirely down to what we are being given. If they would give us MSP for all users then we could obviously open the competition up. However, they are stumping up the points and, as we all know, they are region locked. So it's EU peeps only.

Plus, the points cards will need to be mailed out so only those with an EU address need apply (for anyone that has an EU account but doesn't live here).

you would think with the amount of US users the site has that some US companies would want to run a giveaway....

Quick question about the rules while I looked over them.

7. Disqualifications: Multiple entries will render all a participant’s entries void.

Does this only count per-scheduled stage? So for example - Can I enter S1 and win and then enter S2? Does the multiple entries only count if you do it more than once per-scheduled stage?