Survival Master Achievement tips...

Xii

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally did it today with the Lisa Tactic :-) Those last 10 fights were nerve wrecking. I captured all 100 on video , so will upload as soon as possible. Strange thing is , I didnt get the achievement because I forgot to complete survival on normal. Ran through that quick and achievement unlocked :-)

So I tried using the Lisa method over and over and constantly got smashed at about 40-50... Probably around 30 attempts? I don't know what I'm doing wrong really, since I could probably pull off the necessary combos in my sleep at this point. Maybe my reaction time is just too shite.

On that note, I switched to using Alpha, using the same inputs that this guy is using:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8vmrUXbPA]Dead or Alive 5 Survival Champ Difficulty (round 89-100) - YouTube[/ame]

On my first try made it to 69, which is higher than anything I've managed to do with Lisa with about a quarter of the effort. (Also how many rounds does it take to beat Champ difficulty anyway?)

Anyway, for anyone interested, it's basically all about timing these two combos: :dright::ybut::ybut::ybut::bbut::bbut: at close range, and :dleft::bbut::bbut::bbut::bbut::bbut::bbut: at long range. Note that you must let go of holding :dleft: during the second press of :bbut: in the second combo for the combo to continue.

Maybe this will help someone else, maybe not. It helped me when things seemed hopeless.

Sweet :-). The biggest requirement is patience. Don't give up , keep trying.

It took me about 20 times to get legend completed. Also pause and take a break , it really helps !. Also dont forget the sweet little tactic thanks to Nevan to keep throwing Akira - he does major damage , but that little trick works wonders.

Mei: Whatever works for you is definitely the best way to go about this - though Alpha's inability to wakeup kick and overly long delays made me lose patience with her. My game was basic as all hell though, just timing the long kick strings - even with the float cancel, some opponents got up and closed in too quickly for me.

Hope you get it though, you definitely deserve it given your perseverance to date.

Congrats on 1000 in DoaX2, by the way. I came so, so close and then my save file corrupted after I had every swimsuit when I only needed to obtain all the items. Man, that was painful.

Question for everyone. I tried the Lisa method a little but didn't get very far. I was trying to decide if I should unlock alpha. Problem I'm having though is if I unlock alpha then I will have to fight her too, and from previous games she is a pain in the butt. I'm already regreting unlocking Akira. Should I unlock her?

Also I'm guessing they only patched survival. I was trying to get the time attack costume using the lisa method but they ALWAYS counter her combo until I'm dead. Any suggestions on a good character to use? Alpha maybe? I got pretty close using lei fang.

Thanks in advance.

Mei: Whatever works for you is definitely the best way to go about this - though Alpha's inability to wakeup kick and overly long delays made me lose patience with her. My game was basic as all hell though, just timing the long kick strings - even with the float cancel, some opponents got up and closed in too quickly for me.

Hope you get it though, you definitely deserve it given your perseverance to date.

Congrats on 1000 in DoaX2, by the way. I came so, so close and then my save file corrupted after I had every swimsuit when I only needed to obtain all the items. Man, that was painful.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep trying!

And ouch, that does suck. My save got corrupted too at one point and I had to start over but I was only about 1/3 done, so I just swore a lot and started over!

if I unlock alpha then I will have to fight her too

Funny, I was worried about this too. The strange thing about it though is that even though I have her unlocked, I've never faced her in survival mode so I don't think it's possible to fight her there! So yes, unlock her!

Is that the same for all the other modes as well? Or as I try for the time attack costume is she gonna appear and mess me up?

I think it's the same for all modes. I haven't fought against her in any mode other than story. I'm not 100% sure since I haven't played a lot of arcade/time attack since unlocking her though.

Don't worry about unlocking Alpha, she's a unique character in that she never appears as an opponent in that form in anything but Story mode.

Everyone else will pop up during survival though. Fortunately, Gen Fu's AI isn't as bad as it used to be for going nuts on you.

YES! just made champ with Lisa! Without to much difficulties, but for me BRAD and BASS are the two that im REALLY afraid off.

Any one that have ha good tactic against them??

Congrats! And funny, those are the two that I have the most trouble with as well. :\ I wish I had something to offer with how to fight them, but I use Alpha so ... I guess all I can say is with Bass I tend to use a lot of kick attacks since he's slower and I find he doesn't interrupt me as often as other characters, and with Brad I use a lot of low-based combos. Pretty obvious though so I doubt I'm of much help.

Congrats! And funny, those are the two that I have the most trouble with as well. :\ I wish I had something to offer with how to fight them, but I use Alpha so ... I guess all I can say is with Bass I tend to use a lot of kick attacks since he's slower and I find he doesn't interrupt me as often as other characters, and with Brad I use a lot of low-based combos. Pretty obvious though so I doubt I'm of much help.

Thx! Well all help is some help ;), so thanks :)!

Ok, thanks again. I will try alpha for unlocking christie's outfit on time attack. The seems to just counter lisa on time attack so I am having trouble using her.

I guess they only patched survival.

Just did Time Attack legendary tonight using Lei Fang's cheap trick and it took only 2 times... first time i lost to Christie on stage 7(had to fight her 2 times weirdly) and second time it was piece of cake...

Christie is a bit annoying , she is fast and all, but overall it wasn't hard... not at all... But survival i failed the other day on HARD on 47 and i was kinda piss... i doubt i will have the patience to spend hours in that and hope luck will be with me... Still have trouble getting over the fact that this will rob me of 2 other achievements worth 150 pts... arf

Edited by Destro

i checked it a bit before, but it seem like a complicated combo, not something im use to pull out... The Lei Fang move is easy, but the problem is its a rinse and repeat and if you get caugh... eventually there nothing you can do at some point. Time attack and arcade are forgivable because its 2 rounds... you can mess up one time... survival you cant...

edit : I retried and i died on 37... can't even beat hard... pfff i will never have this...

Edited by Destro

i checked it a bit before, but it seem like a complicated combo, not something im use to pull out... The Lei Fang move is easy, but the problem is its a rinse and repeat and if you get caugh... eventually there nothing you can do at some point. Time attack and arcade are forgivable because its 2 rounds... you can mess up one time... survival you cant...

edit : I retried and i died on 37... can't even beat hard... pfff i will never have this...

Im right there with you, starting to hate this game

Personally i love the game, but im sad they got to such an high extreme for these achievements... especially considering they decided to link a combo to that and it seem they didn't had much imagination in term of achievements...

- Obtain All Achievements... tsss

- Show the move details...

- Show the move list...

- Save a Replay

- Take a picture...

I mean damn these achievements where dumb, im sure they could had come up with something better.

I'm 100% with Destro on this.

this is the 6th time this morning that I fail on champ difficulty, ranging from wave 80 to wave 96. and after that I would have to complete three more difficulties, which are basically the same. i tried the lisa method, the leifang method and the alpha152 method. same result. they are excellent strategies but they are not consistent. they depend too much on luck (such as the CPU not picking bass/brad/kokoro/the virtua fighter idiots in the last 10 waves).

I've just decided that this is not even remotely worth the hassle. I only have a couple hours a day for gaming, because of my job, and I won't waste them trying to calm down and not smashing the pad into the ground.

and then, the despicable choice of linking three (THREE) achievements to the completion of Legend Survival. you can even complete all difficulties but legend, and still you'd be missing Survival Master, Fighting in Style and DOA5 Master, for a total of 180G.

itagaki might be gone, but the newer team ninja seems to be even more retarded.