Plasmids/Tonics: Locations, Discussion and Help Thread

DaKing240

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just so you know, you may want to edit this into the original post, if you download the free patch that adds a few new plasmids/tonics, the tonics count towards this achievment as well, so you only need 53 tonics, not every single one. i got the achievement without

Hacker's Delight 3

Alarm Expert 2

Safecracker 2

Damage Research 2

Human Inferno 2

Just so you know, you may want to edit this into the original post, if you download the free patch that adds a few new plasmids/tonics, the tonics count towards this achievment as well, so you only need 53 tonics, not every single one. i got the achievement without

Hacker's Delight 3

Alarm Expert 2

Safecracker 2

Damage Research 2

Human Inferno 2

Anyone know where the new plasmids/tonics are located? Would be much appreciated if they could be added to the original guide. I will post them here if I find any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You need to get all plasmids and tonics on the list to get the achievement. From what I hear, you the four plasmids from the DLC count towards the achievement, but I haven't tested it so I'm not sure if it works.

Edited by Corallion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question. Are there any missable tonics in the game, besides the ones awarded to you for rescuing the little sisters? And do plasmids count towards the achievement? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. I answered at least one of my questions on my own. Contrary to what at least some people seem to believe, plasmids absolutely are not necessary to get the tonic collector achievement. I barely purchased a single one and still got it.

Edited by zombiechips

Quick question. Are there any missable tonics in the game, besides the ones awarded to you for rescuing the little sisters?

Wondering the same thing about missing tonics, I really dont want to have to run again just for ones ive missed :(.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I just beat the game start to finish getting all the achievements I missed, from what i remember there are no missable tonics with the exception of the ones you get from Tenenbaum for rescuing the little sisters, and there are more than 53 total I had 54 or 55 when I finished, as for the audio diaries the missable ones are the first two in the very begining of the game and Suchong - The Vita-Chamber in the Hephastus Control Room which is # 18 on the map guide, I haven't heard anyone comment on numbers 19 and 20 in the same area but they are so obvious infront of you I think everyone has gotten them unless they didn't care about the diary achievement. Otherwise to comment on xI C0uch P0tat0's post you can go back and get diaries you missed obviosuly with the exception of the 3 I stated above, I just made sure I had all of the ones I could get before I went into the Little Sister door after collecting the big daddy parts because I wasn't sure if I could go back or not. :woop: 1100/1100 baby :woop:

Edited by madhatter872000

• 2 weeks later...
6. Electric Flesh 2 - Olympic Heights / Fontaine's apartment / In the office on the desk

This is the only one I can't find, as it's simply not there. I vaguely remember picking it up before but I DO NOT HAVE it. I go to the very location I see in a picture where in the picture it's just sitting there in plain sight on the desk, but I'm looking at the same desk, and it's not there. I don't really know how you could help, I guess I'm just screwed.