On Sale $3.74 USD

MabusScarab

Eternal Sonata is on sale for $3.74 in the US right now. I know it's been said around the forums but hadn't seen it mentioned in this thread.

So I decided to take the plunge for the price, this is out of character for me as i'm not a fan of Anime or Manga in the slightest, I don't like Japanese RPGs most of the time (Last two I played and enjoyed were FFVII and Skies of Arcadia) but i've had an urge to play a turn based RPG lately. I am going into it blind, a few people go as far as to say it's the best JRPG of this generation, and I heard the combat system is a bit more than just turn based battle actions.

Anyways, if anyone cares I might check back with progress and thoughts about this game, i'm anticipating I won't really enjoy it much but i've been surprised before and for the cost of a rental anyway it was worth giving a shot.

I'm also wondering if anyone else picked it up so if I do get into it, I can come back to the forum here and see if anyone is actually talking about it.

Great game, wonderful story and characters, has to be one of my favourite games of all time, and an absolute bargain at that price. :)

The combat system is pretty much turn based but kind of has real time elements to it as well from what I remember. Each character has their on turn but you can freely move them around the battle field and do attacks and actions within a set time before the next character or enemies turn, similar to Tales of Vesperia I think.

Edited by The Big LT

• 2 weeks later...
Eternal Sonata is on sale for $3.74 in the US right now. I know it's been said around the forums but hadn't seen it mentioned in this thread.

So I decided to take the plunge for the price, this is out of character for me as i'm not a fan of Anime or Manga in the slightest, I don't like Japanese RPGs most of the time (Last two I played and enjoyed were FFVII and Skies of Arcadia) but i've had an urge to play a turn based RPG lately. I am going into it blind, a few people go as far as to say it's the best JRPG of this generation, and I heard the combat system is a bit more than just turn based battle actions.

Anyways, if anyone cares I might check back with progress and thoughts about this game, i'm anticipating I won't really enjoy it much but i've been surprised before and for the cost of a rental anyway it was worth giving a shot.

I'm also wondering if anyone else picked it up so if I do get into it, I can come back to the forum here and see if anyone is actually talking about it.

I am very interested in your thoughts because I did the same thing. Havent played a really good turn based RPG in awhile and I have heard good things about this game. The only thing that is a turn off is that you need two playthroughs for 100%, and I just dont have the time for that anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

For the most part, surprisingly, i'm enjoying the game. The combat system even though it is turn based still has a different twist to it opposed to traditional RPGs of this style, which I welcome. Its visually impressive even for how old is, it is still very much a Japanese Anime style so I feel like the storyline is kind of soft for my taste but the gameplay is outweighing that for me. Worth the money for me so far.