Now on Dashboard - Preloading will be happening

MyRifleIsBroken

Any word on if you'll be able to play online with the 18GB download? I'm worried because of the mentions of the game requiring a 40GB HDD install. Assuming that its all completely accurate thats still 22GB missing from the pre load. If that means that at launch I'd have to download the additional 22GB I'd rather just get a physical copy.

The source is talking with Microsoft directly and with other friends worldwide. The info tab is only messed up in the USA apparently and says the same thing for everyone (12am PST).

Everywhere else worldwide it shows the correct information of being ready to play at 12am in whatever timezome you are actually in

Sorry, but I wouldn't consider that a source.

Do you have any examples (pictures or articles) of countries with multiple time zones where one time zone doesn't have to wait?

Any word on if you'll be able to play online with the 18GB download? I'm worried because of the mentions of the game requiring a 40GB HDD install. Assuming that its all completely accurate thats still 22GB missing from the pre load. If that means that at launch I'd have to download the additional 22GB I'd rather just get a physical copy.

I haven't heard anything. My only guess is that it's only 18 GB because it's compressed. I have no idea though.

am guessing its enough to start playing single player and multiplayer while it downloads the rest in background, it only took me 45mins to get the 18gb , so probably an hour or so getting the remaining 22gb(if its even that much). Am sure theres plenty to do in game while its getting the rest which am again "guessing" will be other planets that you wont have access to, till later in the game anyhow?.

am guessing its enough to start playing single player and multiplayer while it downloads the rest in background, it only took me 45mins to get the 18gb , so probably an hour or so getting the remaining 22gb(if its even that much). Am sure theres plenty to do in game while its getting the rest which am again "guessing" will be other planets that you wont have access to, till later in the game anyhow?.

I wouldn't mind if it works like that, that would be fine. It's just a shame that my internet is too slow and it takes me a few hours to download something that size. But yeah, I went ahead and bought it.

Disc installs arent the same as downloading. It will take 10-15 minutes at most to fully install and start playing.

Disk install takes the same amount of space as a download. And the reader can only work so fast. Not to mention if it's anything like the beta, we will probably have to extract the compressed file once the app is launchable. That alone took almost an hour for just the beta.

18g? This thing is supposed to be 40+.

Disk install takes the same amount of space as a download. And the reader can only work so fast. Not to mention if it's anything like the beta, we will probably have to extract the compressed file once the app is launchable. That alone took almost an hour for just the beta.

18g? This thing is supposed to be 40+.

True about space needed but that really isnt the point when we are just talking time needed for a physical install. As comparison, Wolfenstein is a 40gb+ install from disc and it only took ~15 minutes to finish.

Once the disc is fully installed, there shouldnt be anything else needed or extracted beyond that except for the day one patch. Depending on size, that where we could be spending a good chunk of time.

EDIT: Just saw that some people with early copies of the game disc have been saying its an almost 30 minutes complete install

Edited by ii SlayerX