Master ninja complete

TEAJUNKIES

I just finished this up last week as well. Got Way of the Master Ninja and Master Ninja of Missions a couple days apart. Now I'm wrestling with the Survival missions. Only have one gold so far (Eclipse Scythe). I've gotten as much as 1.6 million with the Tonfa, but that's the only other one silver medal. It's going to be a long journey with much practicing.

I just finished this up last week as well. Got Way of the Master Ninja and Master Ninja of Missions a couple days apart. Now I'm wrestling with the Survival missions. Only have one gold so far (Eclipse Scythe). I've gotten as much as 1.6 million with the Tonfa, but that's the only other one silver medal. It's going to be a long journey with much practicing.

Keep at it man, you'll get it eventually. The trick to keeping the green orbs coming is to keep the combo count high, which obviously easier with certain weapons. The other thing that can help a lot is the bug round. If you have the 5x going in, use bow UT shots to each one. You can rack up a ton of points that way if you are close to 2M at that point. Good luck!

Keep at it man, you'll get it eventually. The trick to keeping the green orbs coming is to keep the combo count high, which obviously easier with certain weapons. The other thing that can help a lot is the bug round. If you have the 5x going in, use bow UT shots to each one. You can rack up a ton of points that way if you are close to 2M at that point. Good luck!

I didn't realize that the combo count played that sort of role in the green orbs dropping. Maybe that'll help get the green orbs earlier. I'm working on the tonfa and I only get to the 5x multiplier by the end of the first wave every so often.

Typically, if you kill enemies with a non ET/UT (OT) move they can drop blue, red, or green essence. You increase your chance of getting green with a combo count higher than 20. If you are looking for blue or red essence try killing enemies with low combo moves.

The way to keep the combo count high is to obviously not get hit but also not have to block an attack. Blocking enemy attacks disrupts your combo, so keep moving and attacking especially on the lower waves.

Note that under no circumstances can you obtain anything but yellow essence by killing with ETs, UTs, or OTs.

Tonfa survival is one of my favorites. The UT absolutely rips and you can easily hit 2M right around rasetsu (once you get it down). My go to moves with the tonfa are 360Y, xxxyxxxy (izuna drop), and the FS. Garland drops are good on weaker enemies but i don't find them very effective on stronger enemies. xxyyy is pretty good against VGs. I guess the biggest complaint people have with the tonfa on survival is the UT takes a long time to complete but honestly I see this as an advantage. If you know how to keep the green obrs coming the tonfa should be one of your higher scoring survival missions.

Edited by Jig9798
clarification

Sweet. Thanks for those tips. I'll have to give it another go tonight. For some reason I perpetually have trouble with the 360 moves, so I'll need to practice that and learn to attack faster without resorting to blocking. It's nice to have some logic behind the madness.

ADDITION: Wow! The 360Y worked really well. I didn't get 2 million by the Rasetsu, but I did get it by the end of the first wave after the skeleton bugs. I ended up with 120 kills total. That's two weapons down and six to go. Any advice on the Vigorian Flails? I feel like they'll be easy to get a high combo count with, but UTs aren't quite as impressive and damaging as the Scythe and Tonfa.

Edited by Andrew x360a

Flails are probably the hardest weapon to gold medal but here's a few things I used.

>YYY (Piercing Mountain??) Useful on all human enemies but stop the combo with shuriken cancel as soon as the enemy is dead and drop into 360Y to clear the ground below Ryu. If the move completes then you will go into recovery frames.

XXYY Low power but a massive delimb rate, great on Van Gelfs and Gajas setting up tons of OT's.

Spam Y during UT to prolong the move and add more hits, I wouldn't bother doing this on anything other than Rasetsu.

Use Windmill Shuriken to UT, not just with Flails but every weapon. It's a beast for tearing through crowds, it gives IK bonus and because the UT is so short it won't eat into your burst time like a full UT animation does, just be aware of the short recovery frame.

Good luck man!

yeah, i have to agree with shigurui. flails are probably the hardest but very gratifying when you get it. it is an incredibly weak weapon but super fast once you get the moves going.

i honestly haven't played the flails much since i got my 2M with them so i don't remember some of the moves.

xyyyyy is also peircing mountain and that is probably the move i used the most. the flying swallow is also pretty good. whenever you hit the ground when not using an OLC hit Y because it clears out the surrounding area.

other than that i got nothing.

@ Andrew, found this VF vid in my bookmarks by Cannikin who's pretty much one of the best flails players out there, helped me a lot to crack 2mil, hope it helps man, good luck :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DTZ_e6wfM]‪Ninja Gaiden 2, Vigoorian Flails Survival Ver 2.0, Part 1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Oh thank you! I took a quick break so as to not get burned out. Almost done with Doom and then I'm going back to the Flails and another as yet undetermined weapon this weekend. My goal is two more golds before I start anything new. That'll get me to the halfway mark for that achievement.

Damn. He made that look really easy. Kept the 5x for almost the entire time and rarely chained UTs. I love those couple of scenes where you couldn't even see Ryu amidst all the enemies - all you saw were pieces of bodies flying out of the crowd.

Edited by Andrew x360a

I hadn't visited this forum for one year and we're still talking about the flails lol. Anyway, just watched the video, and it confirms what I"ve been saying for the last 3 years: when shit gets hot, XXYY with the flails. That's how the guy in the video slaughters the whole van gelf / gaja gang.

My 2 cents: he would have made it easier for himself if he had used his IS against the rocket launchers...

It's best to get quite close to start the combo as it can be easily interrupted during the initial XX, once it's going though enemies seem to gravitate towards you.

Hey Devolon, yeah I agree with using IS if you just want to hit 2 mill asap and get out of there but Cannikin usually tends to beat Genshin several times so he saves the IS for the rockets only wave before Genshin.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've gotten 1.8 million on the flails. One of these days I'll hit a sweet run and get over the top. In the meantime, I decided to spread my efforts out a little bit and ended up getting the last three bronze medals that I needed. As an added bonus, I got a gold medal on the Kusari-gama, with some practice, and the Falcon's Talons - first try of the night! That gives me four golds (Kusari-gama, Falcon's Talons, Tonfa, and Eclipse Scythe), two silvers (Flails and Blade of the Archfiend), and two bronzes (Dragon Sword and Lunar). Best single night of progress thus far, one achievement unlocked, and over halfway to the last achievement in the game!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For some reason I had a lot of fun with the survival missions and did those first. And today I beat Master Ninja Mode!!! Only two more achievements left. I need to finish my Tonfa run(blessedly simple) and get master ninja of missions. Only seven missions remain! Although they are the hardest ones....

• 4 months later...