TyGuy22

In case anyone didn't know, there are unlockable avatar awards in this game. For an After Burner Logo T-Shirt you must unlock all EX Options. For an After Burner Helmet you must complete your Medal Collection. The EX Options can be found on the main menu. The Medal Collection can be viewed in the Score Attack menu. Good Luck!

Unlocking all the EX options seems easy enough (the more you get the easier it becomes to get the rest) but is anyone else not looking forward to getting all the medals? 6 excellent bonus missions, clear game without being shot down even once, 800 kills in one go, and none of the EX options to help. Seems like it will be pretty difficult to me, or am I alone in thinking this?

Well, while we are on the topic of facts, you unlock 2 shirts for completing all of the challenges, whether you use them or not. You unlock several shirts in 'Splosion Man, but since I would never wear any of them, does that mean that I didn't unlock the shirts?

Wow, it's funny how many people don't know the difference between the value of two and one. I should have become a salesman. I will trade all of you $1 for $2. I will be a millionaire quick!

Maybe Sega should make a math game, but that might be too hard for some people.

And before there is any more arguing on how many awards you unlock, please do yourself a favor and go to the blade with "Awards" on it, and see how many awards are available. It will save you some time from typing a false response.

Edited by Donkey Lips

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4539826013_eae8bba268.jpg

I really want to unlock the helmet but thats nearly impossible. Iam in the top 100 at the leaderboards of score attack mode but miles away from beating the game without getting shot down.

Most kills: 626

Best combo: 64

I will need much more practice to get a combo of 100 and 800 kills...not mentioning to complete the 6 emergency calls with an excellenct rating.

Edited by JimmyPlacid

I just unlocked the helmet. I am really happy now. If u play the game as often as i did, it is not that hard. All u need is practice... this game is easy to learn but hard to master. And now that ive got the helmet u can call me "ABC Master" or "Master of Climax" ...:woop:

Edited by JimmyPlacid

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it a good go for that helmet, but I'm going to have to settle for the After Burner tee. Some of those medals you need to get are insane. Great design, though, on SEGA's part - easy achievements that just take a little time to obtain, and much harder avatar awards for those who want the added challenge and visual bragging rights. Hopefully they add avatar achievements to future games, especially Live ports. How cool would it be to have an Alex Kidd shirt or an Opa Opa prop?