Any tips for Woo-hoo & Shante from Heard Em All?

CreepyUncleMike

Been a while since I've done a topic here. In any case, I'm still working my way through the Marathon Pack. While I'm struggling more with this DLC than with the other songs, one of them I'm just doing plain horrible on: Heard Em All. This was about my sixth time playing medium and I finally got 4 stars. And I still haven't broken my score from easy.

This horrible performance can be attributed to a single move that shows up several times during the song: Woo-hoo & Shante. For those of you who play the song on hard, where hard has Boom Boom followed by Woo-hoo & Shante, medium has Woo-hoo & Shante twice in a row and it looks like the first one doesn't have the kick at the end.

I seem to be hitting it most of the time slowed down, less consistently at full speed, and probably still under 50% during the song itself. This one move is single-handedly tanking any shot I have at 5 stars for this song. Any tips for performing the move would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll continue coming back to this song every once in a while working my way through the rest of the Marathon pack. I just got 5 stars on Because of You on hard tonight (second attempt). I believe that makes Hollaback Girl next on my list.

Been a while since I've done a topic here. In any case, I'm still working my way through the Marathon Pack. While I'm struggling more with this DLC than with the other songs, one of them I'm just doing plain horrible on: Heard Em All. This was about my sixth time playing medium and I finally got 4 stars. And I still haven't broken my score from easy.

This horrible performance can be attributed to a single move that shows up several times during the song: Woo-hoo & Shante. For those of you who play the song on hard, where hard has Boom Boom followed by Woo-hoo & Shante, medium has Woo-hoo & Shante twice in a row and it looks like the first one doesn't have the kick at the end.

I seem to be hitting it most of the time slowed down, less consistently at full speed, and probably still under 50% during the song itself. This one move is single-handedly tanking any shot I have at 5 stars for this song. Any tips for performing the move would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll continue coming back to this song every once in a while working my way through the rest of the Marathon pack. I just got 5 stars on Because of You on hard tonight (second attempt). I believe that makes Hollaback Girl next on my list.

Funny because this same song killed me too. I've been going through getting gold stars on hard on all of the songs, including a bunch of DLC songs I've gotten, and this song is just impossible for me. I can't remember the names of the moves, but I'm pretty sure it's the same ones you're talking about that I fail constantly and never can seem to get down. Sorry, but I don't have any tips for you. I'm actually considering deleting that song so I never have to see it again.

As for Hollaback Girl, that song is really fun on hard, but quite possibly the most boring song in the game on easy. There are literally 3 moves, and they require virtually no movement.

EDIT: Nevermind. It isn't those moves that I was having problems with in Heard Em All. It's actually the Round and Rounds that I constantly fail for some reason. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong so I just stopped playing that song altogether. What part of the Woo-hoo and Shante is showing up red for you? For the Woo-hoo I just kept my fists at my hips with my elbows pointed out and then stepped front to each side. I remember sliding my feet pretty quick to make sure I kept up though. The Shante part is basically identical to one of the disc songs. Can't remember which one, but there isn't much to it other than hand placement, making sure the upper hand is at least moving, and then just rotating your hips.

I use Riffraff67's videos for a ton of songs when I'm having problems. They've helped me with a ton of moves. He does Heard Em All on hard. See if it helps: http://www.youtube.com/user/riffraff67#p/u/15/K9CzmCAoHZ4

Edited by Necrophage33

To be honest, I'm not sure if any part is actually being outlined in red. I guess I should pay more attention. I think I'm mainly just ending up yellow on the move.

The Round and Rounds are relatively simple though. It's just the arm rotating over your head and the swaying side to side. They tripped me up the first time I tried breaking it down on easy and haven't had problems since on them.

To be honest, I'm not sure if any part is actually being outlined in red. I guess I should pay more attention. I think I'm mainly just ending up yellow on the move.

The Round and Rounds are relatively simple though. It's just the arm rotating over your head and the swaying side to side. They tripped me up the first time I tried breaking it down on easy and haven't had problems since on them.

I think it was just the rhythm between the arms and your body that threw me off. I kept wanting to move my body forward and my arm at the same time, but I think it's the other way. Whichever it is, my body's natural inclination was always to do the opposite, and I kept failing them. It drove me crazy so I pretty much gave up for the time and downloaded like 4 other songs instead.