Some Challenges reset with new DLC

Valiantheart

Just wanted to give people a heads up that this morning I DL'ed the new DLC and started playing and went to check on some of my challenges only to find some of them reset.

I had been completing the remaining challenges when I last played BL2, and I found some of them reset this morning.

I actually had a list of the challenges I needed to complete and those I already done with my main character.

These are the ones that got reset.

This Ain't My First Rodeo

Boned!

Dead Air

Give it a whirl

Cut 'em no slack

Can't feel a thing

Harchek's Revenge

Ever Blow Bubbles..?

Master of all he survey's

Save the turrets

Tie clip

Vault hunter vs the volcano

Twas slag that killed the beast

In the middle of the night

Praise be to scorch

Wet reward

That's impossible, even for a computer

Shame the forman

Down the rabbit hole

Happy camper

Make boom go boom

fireproof

Midge-mong has no friends

Boss run

Terramorphous the not so invincable

I've got a crush on you

The Van is damned

Trapped rat

It's off to hell we go

Stiff competition

Fairest of them all

Man's best friends

Bug off

Dying of the light

Ride Together, Die together

This is pretty frustratating because this is a lot of work to redo those challenges, but at least my BAR didn't get reset.

Anyway I just wanted to post this so people can be on the lookout. Otherwise this might just be an isolated incident.

BTW: They are all location challenges. None of my weapon/element/enemy type challenges were reset.

Edited by Valiantheart
Added more info

Wonder if it has something to do with this:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3241431&postcount=26

Gothalion[/url]']

If youre on PC (and soon it should be out on xbox), you go to you challenge page, and look at the bottom to see if "reset" is an option.

When you reach 85% completion of all non DLC, non area specific challenges, you may reset them and recomplete them for more badass ranks and further grown. Its takes a while, Ive reset twice on my assassine. Nearing in on my third reset. Done about.... 43k Badass ranks on one character

And perhaps it just got messed up for the xbox.

Are they still reset if you are in the original areas? Think there was a glitch on the first DLC that showed some of the challenges as not completed when you are in DLC areas

I checked this out and some of them are reset, others are not.

So I didn't lose all of my progress. Maybe half of the Pirate Booty DLC challenges are reset and a few normal locations are reset. I'm working on redoing some of these now.

I wish they would get these random glitches fixed.

That happened to me with Captain Scarlett, but it managed to fix itself. I stopped playing for quite a while, fired it up to get the Halloween skins, loaded my Siren ( the only character I've played thus far ) and checked my challenges to find them back to normal.

The worst thing I can imagine is if I FINALLY managed to do Slab UHF only to lose the completion to a glitch...

Just wanted to give people a heads up that this morning I DL'ed the new DLC and started playing and went to check on some of my challenges only to find some of them reset.

[...]

BTW: They are all location challenges. None of my weapon/element/enemy type challenges were reset.

Not sure if this even makes sense to try, but did you try the solution for the BAR reset (start the game, press Y to select your character and press continue back on the menu)? It probably isn't related to your challenges resetting, but it's definitely worth a shot considering you have nothing to lose.