Poor DLC and a Cheap Final Achievement

Hansathan

Let me begin by saying this game was awesome. It was GTA (without the overhwhelming size) meets Jade Empire meets Shenmue. I got it for free on gold, which was pretty awesome, and upon completion, decided to invest in the DLC since I had fun and got it for free. Man, I can't remember the last DLC I played that felt so rushed and empty. Thank God it had some achievements in it, but I must say that it felt purposeful there were no Triad missions to help me get that last pesky achievement, Ultimate Fighter.

Shame you on Square Enix. You know what you did. Every achievement in the game was fun/not too much of a grind (even the collectibles), except Ultimate Fighter. When I finished the game my meter was halfway between level 9 and 10, so I figured I would go back and replay some missions to get that last cheevo. Wrong. I had some in which I only earned 2/3 Triangles, yet when I would get all 3 triangles filled, the meter would barely move! Couple that with the game all of a sudden beginning to freeze during mission replays and I lost patience. Paid the $3 for the Triad Mission Pack so I wasn't stuck on 58/59. Boo to you, SE. The mission meter in the Triad Pack moved up impossibly fast...almost guaranteeing that if you paid the $$$ for even more DLC, you got the achievement. Funny, I was done with the Face and Cop ones halfway through the game. Cheap bastards. Leaving a good game with a bad taste in my mouth.

• 8 months later...

i got 1000 in this game without dlc. Awesome game. I loved the nightmare and Zodiac tournament dlc. I hated year of the snake. I loved the tournament pack so much i wished they had added achievements to it. Its a shame they didn't as it was one of the best dlcs I've ever played and my favorite dlc for the game. Many people passed on it cause it had no achievements. I got 1225 now and look forward to a sequel.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 2 months later...