RAGE.... quitters

Violent Jmann

The way you said that it seems that your a rage quitter. You play to try and win the race or the fight, so does the other person. Well that's what normal people do, you might like the "take it in turns" but how many of those returns the favour unless it is achievement boosting, then everyone who is a achievement whore (as they call it) will be more than happy.

No, not really. I play to have fun and talk to friends. If someone on my team, or the other teams is making it so it's not fun for me I'll leave and find a different room/lobby. If I'm matched up against someone with far superior skill than me and I can't do anything, I'll leave.

But, going from your example, lets ban everyone that doesn't have a 1+ k/d ratio too, lets ban people that camp in Call of Duty, lets ban people that bump and ram people on purpose in Forza. Lets ban people that use glitch goals in NHL, lets ban people that don't play the objective in Battlefield too.

You seem to have this view that the only way things should be is how you want to see them. People play games for different reasons, people have differing degrees of competitiveness, people have different qualities of internet service, and real life events. what you are suggesting is for Microsoft to cut revenue and profit from their bottom line because people leave a video game lobby - that's really what your 'idea' boils down to. It's not going to happen.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not really. I play to have fun and talk to friends. If someone on my team, or the other teams is making it so it's not fun for me I'll leave and find a different room/lobby. If I'm matched up against someone with far superior skill than me and I can't do anything, I'll leave.

But, going from your example, lets ban everyone that doesn't have a 1+ k/d ratio too, lets ban people that camp in Call of Duty, lets ban people that bump and ram people on purpose in Forza. Lets ban people that use glitch goals in NHL, lets ban people that don't play the objective in Battlefield too.

You seem to have this view that the only way things should be is how you want to see them. People play games for different reasons, people have differing degrees of competitiveness, people have different qualities of internet service, and real life events. what you are suggesting is for Microsoft to cut revenue and profit from their bottom line because people leave a video game lobby - that's really what your 'idea' boils down to. It's not going to happen.

No just ban rage quitters. Before you go into a match you can select what you wish to search for. So no you shouldn't be allowed to quit and if your playing just for fun then it won't matter if your loosing!?! I don't want to ban people bumping on forza or not doing the correct thing in battlefield I guess the other players should do more of a specific search, now if someone doesn't play by the rules than you can kick them.

No just ban rage quitters. Before you go into a match you can select what you wish to search for. So no you shouldn't be allowed to quit and if your playing just for fun then it won't matter if your loosing!?! I don't want to ban people bumping on forza or not doing the correct thing in battlefield I guess the other players should do more of a specific search, now if someone doesn't play by the rules than you can kick them.

It all comes back to this single question; How can you determine and prove a person rage quit out of a game?

The answer is you can't.

This.

Besides, who gives a shit (besides the OP) if you rage quit? At the end of the day, no one.

/thread

maybe those who don't have a lot of money or New Zealanders who pay over $50 a year, well over may I add. People who are always playing online and always unlucky enough to get the quitters. Those people care. When I play I expect to play to the end. I have stated how it is possible l, but I feel like I am hitting a brick wall. Si how many of you have a shitty internet when your not winning?

maybe those who don't have a lot of money or New Zealanders who pay over $50 a year, well over may I add. People who are always playing online and always unlucky enough to get the quitters. Those people care. When I play I expect to play to the end. I have stated how it is possible l, but I feel like I am hitting a brick wall. Si how many of you have a shitty internet when your not winning?

Could you please explain to me how someone's internet speed (bandwidth) has to do with someone rage quitting?

If it really bothers you that much, then don't game online.

If the dog knocks the console over than you should have the respect to message the other person and explain what happened. Also Microsoft can tell if your online or offline.

In an ideal world this would happen, sure. But I don't care enough about you that I'm going to go of my way to do this, especially if I'm frustrated that my Internet or power went out, or my game disc has been damaged.

Quitting in general because you are loosing. How many people do you see rage quitting because they are winning?

Okay, so you don't really mean "rage quit". By definition "rage quit" means quitting because you're angry. But in general, anger =/> you will quit the game and quitting the game =/> you are angry.

Also, people do quit when they are winning. Like I said in my first post, some games turn into one person/team dominating another. That's certainly not fun for the losers, but not exactly fun for the winners either. I have quit out when winning... again, it boils down to fun. I might quit the game if I'm not having fun, and that really has nothing to do with whether I'm winning or losing.

I also few that punishments should be handed out to those who kick people from a game without a good reason. Maybe they should make it that if you want to kick someone you must state why, now if you say for example 'racist language' Microsoft will investigate and if it turns out that you was lying than you get punished.

Just because the reason isn't shared with you doesn't mean there isn't one. There are so many reasons I'm not going to try and list them all, but common ones are they want an open slot in the game for their friends - not all games support private slots, and in general you can't have private slots in ranked matches - or you're from another country so you will be speaking another language or you will cause significant lag.

But maybe the host is just a dick and doesn't want you in their game for whatever reason. That's their prerogative. Instead of getting butthurt over it, just find another game.

oh though someone may have a point it could loose business, but at the same time it might bring in customers. I have played a few games in the past that had so many rage quitters that I just stopped playing.

Catering to people like you will cost them more customers than it will bring in. I don't have the stats to back this up, but you can be certain Microsoft does.

Many people these days hardly use their console for online gaming, but instead use it for apps like Netflix. These are the people that are more likely to quit the odd time they do play online, because they don't give a shit.

Also if you start a game always give yourself time. Not just 5 mins. I say at least 30mins, depending on the game.

I'll live my life how I like, thank you, not how you think I should.

Am I the only one waiting to see if the TC will rage quit from his own topic about rage quitting?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/47585373.jpg

My last comment on this. Look at your response you use the word "I" a lot. Here's breaking news for you. Online gaming isn't about YOU. It involves a LOT of other people, just because you don't like something or disagree with how things work doesn't mean people should be banned for leaving a game lobby. Your priorities are not everyone else's priorities.

My last comment on this. Look at your response you use the word "I" a lot. Here's breaking news for you. Online gaming isn't about YOU. It involves a LOT of other people, just because you don't like something or disagree with how things work doesn't mean people should be banned for leaving a game lobby. Your priorities are not everyone else's priorities.

I used to get mad when some jerk would cheat me out of my online glory. Nowadays I usually just find a new game and move on. Not really worth getting in a twist over

This and this.

I'm convinced at this point that TC is just very immature, based on his attitude and that way he writes. Probably just a kid still. He'll figure it out eventually, hopefully.

I agree with you OP.

People should be banned if they quit.

There are numerous games where progress towards achievements can be ruined because some little bitch cant take losing. I had to win over 230 games on a Fifa game when the description was win 100. In the end I was the one being 'punished' not the numerous bad losers who I was beating. Thats wrong.

If it really bothers you that much, then don't game online.

why the hell should I retire from playing online because your a sore fucking looser? I am going to make sure that one day Microsoft can monitor people and can pick out electric cuts, internet faults and kids and pets knocks the console from the quitters. Even if I have to get funds. Oh sorry if I am spoiling your fun. Maybe you should try loosing like a true gamer for once.

In an ideal world this would happen, sure. But I don't care enough about you that I'm going to go of my way to do this, especially if I'm frustrated that my Internet or power went out, or my game disc has been damaged.

Okay, so you don't really mean "rage quit". By definition "rage quit" means quitting because you're angry. But in general, anger =/> you will quit the game and quitting the game =/> you are angry.

Also, people do quit when they are winning. Like I said in my first post, some games turn into one person/team dominating another. That's certainly not fun for the losers, but not exactly fun for the winners either. I have quit out when winning... again, it boils down to fun. I might quit the game if I'm not having fun, and that really has nothing to do with whether I'm winning or losing.

Just because the reason isn't shared with you doesn't mean there isn't one. There are so many reasons I'm not going to try and list them all, but common ones are they want an open slot in the game for their friends - not all games support private slots, and in general you can't have private slots in ranked matches - or you're from another country so you will be speaking another language or you will cause significant lag.

But maybe the host is just a dick and doesn't want you in their game for whatever reason. That's their prerogative. Instead of getting butthurt over it, just find another game.

Catering to people like you will cost them more customers than it will bring in. I don't have the stats to back this up, but you can be certain Microsoft does.

Many people these days hardly use their console for online gaming, but instead use it for apps like Netflix. These are the people that are more likely to quit the odd time they do play online, because they don't give a shit.

I'll live my life how I like, thank you, not how you think I should.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/47585373.jpg

To your last post, yes you can live your life, but if you come on first thing in the morning 10 mins before going to work and it is a game that lasts 20 mins and you quit, guess what I am going to report your ass. You knew how much time you had, so if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. No wait if you can't do the time don't play online. I always make sure that I got enough time before I play online. If I only got 10 mins I search for a 5mins or less match or play offline.

Really? It isn't about me? Your telling me that other humans play online too? God I thought I was playing against robots. Damn thankyou for letting me know Sherlock.

Because someone's internet or wireless connection to their router sucks how can you tell they're purposely quitting when they leave/disconnect from the game?

Because they don't just pop back on, and if it is a flick they do apologise for it.

Edited by DEG23
double post

why the hell should I retire from playing online because your a sore fucking looser? I am going to make sure that one day Microsoft can monitor people and can pick out electric cuts, internet faults and kids and pets knocks the console from the quitters. Even if I have to get funds. Oh sorry if I am spoiling your fun. Maybe you should try loosing like a true gamer for once.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.gif

Ok, others will probably see this, but I just have to pull it over into this thread because I see it as about the same situation.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571213

how many years have you been online gaming? Then think of those who might have just got their first xbox today. Maybe Sony pissed them off so they are jumping. Being a five star doesn't make you the king. Demanding that people with stars less than you don't play with or against you makes you a douche.

Demanding that no one who has ever rage quit can't play with or against you makes you a douche.

Edited by Clipse 2

Really? It isn't about me? Your telling me that other humans play online too? God I thought I was playing against robots. Damn thankyou for letting me know Sherlock.

You know in the beginning, I understood where you were coming from and kind of supported your idea, not to the extreme where the quitters get banned but I did wish consequences would be ready for those people. But now, you're just being a dick to people because someone didn't agree with you. You're digging yourself into a hole, and one that you won't be able to get out of.

Back on topic though, you can always "Submit Player Review", and just avoid them for quitting early? That's gonna decrease your chances of playing with them though so it's definitely better than nothing.

It has happened to me before from both sides. I apologized when it was my connection and they said sorry when it was their connection

You have bad connection? Yeah, you should definitely be banned too. ;)

http://i61.tinypic.com/2n1z1n9.jpg

Edited by Dirty130