'Fifth Key' Discussion Thread

Nozza

Thought it was about time we got talking about this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2755/5.jpg The Fifth Key

Use the Track Editor to find and pick up the 'Fifth Key' in the Fusion world

I've now probably spent a good hour flying around the map trying to figure this one out and I'm still no better off from when I started. I've checked around the outside of the map for clues, and all the main locations but I'm just not sure what to look out for. I've even gone to the lengths of moving and taking apart a whole area to see if anything is revealed.

One thing I thought was that it's location maybe in space. Going by the achievement tiles picture, it shows a chest with the world next to it. So I flew to the highest point of the map, and scouted around but again I couldn't see anything.

So, anyone got anymore suggestions?

-----

Key has been found!

Edited by Nozza

No real leads. I did try Googling for 'fifth key' to see if it was a reference to something, but nothing from those results gave me any idea where to start looking.

I'm hoping there aren't four other keys to find as well, but the significance of 'fifth' key has to mean something.

It is the 5th game in the series...

Also, here's a reddit thread, but it's pretty empty:

The RedLynx forums seem to be pretty empty since they switched over to Ubisoft/UPlay forums as well.

Edited by Maka

Might be leading us on a wild goose chase with this (continuing my Google searching from earlier):

"In truth, Friday has taken the Fifth Key (a mirror) with her to her mountain retreat in Avraxyn"

Perhaps our 'Fifth Key' is also actually a mirror, and hidden inside one of the buildings up one of the mountains? Could be completely wrong, but there are a lot of mountainous regions we could check through.

Might be leading us on a wild goose chase with this (continuing my Google searching from earlier):

"In truth, Friday has taken the Fifth Key (a mirror) with her to her mountain retreat in Avraxyn"

Perhaps our 'Fifth Key' is also actually a mirror, and hidden inside one of the buildings up one of the mountains? Could be completely wrong, but there are a lot of mountainous regions we could check through.

I'll take a look later; it would be nice to be the first one to find it.

Been following this thread pretty closely and looking for clues. Just found a video that had a possible clue. Essentially in the end credits of the game there are a series of beeps (presumed morse code) when translated from morse code says: 'SET SPECTRUM DISPLAY TO LOGARITHMIC SCALE'. Not sure if it means anything but yeah. Heres the link to the video:

NEW UPDATE: this guy is streaming a search for the key at the moment. http://www.twitch.tv/dr_zimmersmann Check it out

Edited by RainbwPxiJiz
new update