The Endless Setlist 2 Questions - Answers Here

Crimson Ridley

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vf/1a/12dsb2JhbC9ECgQNGwEfVllaL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAPh1-aI=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/te/wL/04CLiGJhbC82CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJCAAAAAOfn5-wk7Kk=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/AO/Uq/0YCLiGJhbC81CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJBAAAAAOfn5-4F5Rw=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/wQ/e-/0ICLiGJhbC9GCRsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAOfn5-+QB90=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/QN/1g/0ICLiGJhbC9ACxsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzE0AAAAAOfn5-9P3Vw=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vf/1a/12dsb2JhbC9ECgQNGwEfVllaL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAPh1-aI=.jpg

The Endless Setlist 2 - Questions & Answers

Most of this is covered in the Rock Band 2 - F.A.Q, but people usually overlook that as it doesn't shout "Look at me, I have Endless Setlist questions in here!"

For the people who haven't read the F.A.Q, I'd recommend you have a read through it, it may answer a few questions you didn't even ask yet: Rock Band 2 - F.A.Q

So here are a few questions I've seen asked before:

Q: How do you unlock the Endless Setlist 2?

A: You need 900 stars in the Tour to unlock ES2. It will show up in Shangai, the city where you do the Rock Immortals setlist.

Q: How long does the ES2 take to complete?

A: Well at 84 songs, it's not a quick 5 minuter. It takes around 6 hours and 15 minutes if you play non-stop.

Q: Can the ES2 be done on any instrument?

A: Yes, you can do the ES2 as a drummer, vocalist, guitarist or a bassist.

Q: How is the ES2 tiered?

A: The setlist is tiered exactly the same as it is in Quickplay, i.e you start from the top of the list (The easiest songs) and work your way down to the bottom (The hardest songs) ending with Painkiller.

Q: Can I save my progress in the ES2 and come back to it later?

A: This is a no as it would make the whole thing a lot easier. You can pause if you aren't going for the Bladder of Steel, but if you plan on leaving it on overnight, please make sure that your 360 isn't set to turn off after 6 hours of inactivity.

Q: Can I turn on No Fail to beat the ES2 and get my Achievements/Instrument Icons?

A: No, No Fail disables saving, achievements and Xbox Live.

Q: Can the ES2 be done over Xbox Live?

A: Yes it can but I wouldn't recommend it, what with the whole losing connection problems :p

Q: When will I get the Achievements for beating the setlist?

A: After you finish the setlist, you will be taken to the end results screen, then once the game has saved you will get your Achievements. So if your HDD/MU screws up and will not let you save, sorry but all your hard work was for nothing... (Credit to BloodlessPlain for this as he was unlucky enough to have it happen to him :p)

Q: If I fail a song, will I have to start back at the beginning of the setlist?

A: No, you simply replay the song, but failing will void the Bladder of Steel Achievement.

Q: Do the difficulty Achievements stack?

A: Yes. (Stacking means that if you play Expert, you will unlock all 3 ES2 Achievements as Expert is higher than the others. The same goes for Hard but you will not unlock Platinum Artist as Hard is lower than Expert)

Q: Is DLC included in the ES2?

A: No.

Q: If I play Expert but my friend plays Hard/Medium, what will happen?

A: If your friend plays anything lower than you, then at the end of the setlist, you'll only unlock the Achievement for the difficulty he was on plus any below that. So if you played Expert but your friend played Hard, at the end of it all, you will unlock Gold Artist and Vinyl Artist. If he played Medium you'd only unlock Vinyl Artist.

Q: Can I repeat the ES2?

A: Yes, the ES2 can be repeated as many times as you want, which is useful if you missed the BoS the first, second, third, or millionth time around.

Q: Can the Bladder of Steel be done on any difficulty?

A: Yes it can, but the ES2 Achievements start at Medium.

Q: What counts as pausing?

A: Everything that stops the note chart, except the game freezing for a while :p

Q: How can I minimise the chances of hitting the Guide Button/ Start Button?

"LLC2003" posted a nice solution to minimise hitting the Guide/ Start Button on the drums. It is as follows:

DRUMS:

- Take two egg cups / ramekin (or similar hard plastic/metal alternative)

- Try and remove as much as you can so you are just left with a dome shell - turn them upside down

- Cover both the guide button and start button

- secure down with brown/gaffer tape (wrap it under the kit)

(You could probably do this with bottle cap lids as well, but I'm not too sure yet.)

-- If anyone thinks of any for Guitar, please tell me. Though, hitting those buttons on a guitar has to be a rare occurence...

Q: Will I have any time for a bathroom break whilst trying for BoS?

A: There isn't much time for a bathroom break, but Griffinhollow made a good thread on ScoreHero to show when a bathroom break may be possible: Break List For Bladder of Steel

Q: Where abouts in the setlist is Visions?

A: Visions is the 82nd song. You may be tired when you get here so if you aren't confident that you'll pass it, save all your Overdrive until you really need it. After Visions, you have Panic Attack and then Painkiller.

That is pretty much everything that can be asked, but if you have any other questions just ask here.

And last but not least, good luck on your ES2 journey everyone. It's long, it's tiring, but it's oh so worth the adventure. :)

Edited by Crimson Ridley

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm not to be a naysayer, but if they don't look at the FAQ that is already stickied and don't use the search, why do you think that they are going to look at this thread?

Because this one has Endless Setlist 2 in it's name. Some people may not realise questions about it are in the F.A.Q. That's why ;)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vf/1a/12dsb2JhbC9ECgQNGwEfVllaL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAPh1-aI=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/te/wL/04CLiGJhbC82CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJCAAAAAOfn5-wk7Kk=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/AO/Uq/0YCLiGJhbC81CBsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzJBAAAAAOfn5-4F5Rw=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/wQ/e-/0ICLiGJhbC9GCRsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAOfn5-+QB90=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/QN/1g/0ICLiGJhbC9ACxsFG1lTWTY5L2FjaC8wLzE0AAAAAOfn5-9P3Vw=.jpg http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vf/1a/12dsb2JhbC9ECgQNGwEfVllaL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAPh1-aI=.jpg

Now it seems a lot of people do not understand how the hell to search the forum but know exactly how to create a new thread. Well, that needs to stop, so I decided to create this thread for all the people who need answers to their questions.

Most of this is covered in the Rock Band 2 - F.A.Q, but people usually overlook that as it doesn't shout "Look at me, I have Endless Setlist questions in here!"

For the people who haven't read the F.A.Q, I'd recommend you have a read through it, it may answer a few questions you didn't even ask yet: Rock Band 2 - F.A.Q

So here are a few questions I've seen asked before:

Q: How do you unlock the Endless Setlist 2?

A: You need 900 stars in the Tour to unlock ES2. It will show up in Shangai, the city where you do the Rock Immortals setlist.

Q: How long does the ES2 take to complete?

A: Well at 84 songs, it's not a quick 5 minuter. It takes around 6 hours and 15 minutes if you play non-stop.

Q: How is the ES2 tiered?

A: The setlist is tiered exactly the same as it is in Quickplay, i.e you start from the top of the list (The easiest songs) and work your way down to the bottom (The hardest songs) ending with Painkiller.

Q: If I fail a song, will I have to start back at the beginning of the setlist?

A: No, you simply replay the song, but failing will void the Bladder of Steel Achievement.

Q: Do the difficulty Achievements stack?

A: Yes.

Q: Is DLC included in the ES2?

A: No.

A: If your friend plays anything lower than you, then at the end of the setlist, you'll only unlock the Achievement for the difficulty he was on.

Q: Can the Bladder of Steel be done on any difficulty?

A: Yes it can, but the ES2 Achievements start at Medium.

Q: What counts as pausing?

A: Everything that stops the note chart, except the game freezing for a while :p

Q: Will I have any time for a bathroom break whilst trying for BoS?

A: There isn't much time for a bathroom break, but Griffinhollow made a good thread on ScoreHero to show when a bathroom break may be possible: Break List For Bladder of Steel

Q: Where abouts in the setlist is Visions?

A: Visions is the 82nd song. You may be tired when you get here so if you aren't confident that you'll pass it, save all your Overdrive until you really need it. After Visions, you have Panic Attack and then Painkiller.

That is pretty much everything that can be asked, but if you have any other questions just ask here.

Remember kids, only the forum searchers go to Heaven... I guess ;)

Ugh Endless setlist took me 2 days????? I dont wanna do Endless Setlist 2!!! but I have to!!! one day when i have a free 6 hours...and 15 min

Nice work. I haven't unlocked it yet but ill try 2 do all 4 achievements in one by doing the bass on expert.

Good luck. Word to the wise ... make sure you can pass Visions on Expert (and remember you will be 6-hours-of-nonstop-playing exhausted by the time it rolls around). Not saying you, or anyone else can't do it, but I think a lot of people forget to factor in how playing at that level for 6 hours straight will play with your head and your muscle memory.

Good luck. Word to the wise ... make sure you can pass Visions on Expert (and remember you will be 6-hours-of-nonstop-playing exhausted by the time it rolls around). Not saying you, or anyone else can't do it, but I think a lot of people forget to factor in how playing at that level for 6 hours straight will play with your head and your muscle memory.

That's why I put the question in there. It seems a lot of people find that to be the hardest song. Personally, I did BoS on Expert as none of the songs give me any amount of trouble, but to most people playing for 6 hours straight and getting there is not an easy task. :)

Yeah, that's true for every part except for vocals. For me, it was boredom (and not being able to drink much water) that was killing me. I actually goofed around this morning doing BoS and was singing it like it was opera ... trying to keep it interesting. :p

You were right to put the "Where is Visions?" question. It's the one that trips up most people playing on Expert and one that generates a lot of the duplicate posts.

The only annoying part is that if you can actually PLAY the ES2, you can just look at the order already, by pressing Yellow, RB, or the kick pedal, if i recall correctly. I find it more reasonable to ask about the difficulty of the song, but if you ask WHERE it is in the playlist... I'm guessing that the IQ of the asker is in the single digits...

You're right, but it's clear from reading the multiple posts on the topic that people don't look. That's why we get all those "I was coasting through ESL2 when disaster struck" posts. People either don't think to look or they think that they don't have to worry about Visions, so being alerted to it is a good thing.

maybe I'm wrong, but i think you can only "save progress in a setlist" in challenges, not in the BWT. Since ES2 is in BWT, I don't believe that is an option.

This is correct. If you see a challenge with 84 songs, feel free to save your progress and stop and come back to it later. If it's in the World Tour though, you don't have this option. You can pause indefinitely if you're not going for bladder of steel, but watch that you don't have your XBox set to turn off after a few hours of inactivity.

Seems as though you should clarify this:

A: If your friend plays anything lower than you, then at the end of the setlist, you'll only unlock the Achievement for the difficulty he was on.

You'd get the achievement for the lowest difficulty played, as well as any below that; 1 on expert, 1 on hard doesn't indicate you'd get the medium achievement as well, based on the current wording.